Samoa Joe diagnosed with staph infection

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Samoa Joe diagnosed with staph infection

Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:24 pm

Samoa Joe has been forced to cancel appearing at both ROH shows this weekend with his appearing at PWG the weekend after being diagnosed with a severe case of staph infection. This has caused ROH to postpone the much hyped and much anticipated final showdown between Joe and Christopher Daniels in ROH. In his own words, Joe issued the following through his official web page.

"Just to let everyone know what is going on. After my last show in Detroit I noticed a small cut underneath my right arm right near the armpit. It was a little red and irritated so I cleaned it and paid it no mind. Over the next few days it had swollen (to about the size of a large marble) and I decided to head to the doctor right away.

As I suspected the doctor diagnosed it as a pretty severe Staph infection and I am now on antibiotics. Next week I will be looking into getting it drained. If anything my non-participation this weekend is not only for my safety but the safety of my co-workers in ROH. The last thing anyone needs is a epidemic and for something like this to spread.

A note to indy promoters out there.

WASH your CANVASES!!!

I am surprised I have actually gone this long unaffected. It takes nothing more than some diluted bleach and a handtowel wipe down to prevent this type of stuff from afflicting your wrestlers.

I apologize to the fans of the Midwest this weekend and I promise I will do my best to make it up to you all next time ROH swings through the midwest.

My special thanks to Gabe Sapolsky and the Ring of Honor office for being VERY understanding. Regardless Low Ki has been added to the shows so rest assured I should not be missed too much."
Lord Akiyama

Re: Samoa Joe diagnosed with staph infection

Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:25 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:Samoa Joe has been forced to cancel appearing at both ROH shows this weekend with his appearing at PWG the weekend after in question. He has been diagnosed with a severe case of staph infection. This has caused ROH to postpone the much hyped and much anticipated final showdown between Joe and Christopher Daniels in ROH. In his own words, Joe issued the following through his official web page.

"Just to let everyone know what is going on. After my last show in Detroit I noticed a small cut underneath my right arm right near the armpit. It was a little red and irritated so I cleaned it and paid it no mind. Over the next few days it had swollen (to about the size of a large marble) and I decided to head to the doctor right away.

As I suspected the doctor diagnosed it as a pretty severe Staph infection and I am now on antibiotics. Next week I will be looking into getting it drained. If anything my non-participation this weekend is not only for my safety but the safety of my co-workers in ROH. The last thing anyone needs is a epidemic and for something like this to spread.

A note to indy promoters out there.

WASH your CANVASES!!!

I am surprised I have actually gone this long unaffected. It takes nothing more than some diluted bleach and a handtowel wipe down to prevent this type of stuff from afflicting your wrestlers.

I apologize to the fans of the Midwest this weekend and I promise I will do my best to make it up to you all next time ROH swings through the midwest.

My special thanks to Gabe Sapolsky and the Ring of Honor office for being VERY understanding. Regardless Low Ki has been added to the shows so rest assured I should not be missed too much."
Lord Akiyama

Postby astro_zombie » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:14 am

thats too bad... hopefully he gets better soon...
astro_zombie

Postby Raven Crow » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:36 am

Does anyone know if this will affect his three-way X Title defense aganst AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels as well.
Raven Crow

Postby Big Joe » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:05 am

He'll be fine. He's JOE.
Big Joe

Postby astro_zombie » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:34 pm

prowrestlingfans.com is reporting that joe is 100% staph infection free

good news for joe, even better news for us
astro_zombie

Return to General Discussion