Mr. Wrestling's best matches

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Mr. Wrestling's best matches

Postby npdavis » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:35 am

Just wondering what Steen's best matches in PWG have been. I plan on buying the show where he won the belt. Any others?
npdavis

Postby Big Joe » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:27 am

Any match that has Super Dragon in it is kickass. Non-Super Dragon I enjoyed were the Generico match at Free Admission (Just Kidding), the Jonny Storm match from ASW-Night 2, the Sexxxy Eddy match from Jason Takes PWG, and the Quicksilver match from Steen Spirit.

If you want some REAL good Steen, I recommend the following shows...

IWS UnFNSanctioned 2003 (vs Excess 69)
IWS Know Your Enemies 2004 (vs PCO)
CZW High Stakes 2 Night Show - Always Bet on Black (vs Sexxxy Eddy, El Generico & Excess 69)
CZW Cage of Death 6 (w/Generico vs Super Dragon & Excalibur)
CZW Best of the Best 5 (vs Kenny the Bastard, vs Chris Hero, vs B-Boy, Mike Quackenbush & Super Dragon)
IWS Scarred 4 Life 2005 (vs Damian)
IWS Blood, Sweat & Beers 2005 (vs Damian)
IWS Devil's Night (w/Generico vs Flying Hurricanes)

...Jesus Christ, I could make a pretty kickass Steen comp.
Big Joe

Postby RM Punk » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:37 am

At least you said "best" which implies no set standard. Mainly because "Kevin Steen" and "good wrestling" don't usually set well in the same sentence, unless it was a sentence like "good wrestling never knew Kevin Steen" XD
RM Punk

Postby astro_zombie » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:58 pm

RM Punk wrote:At least you said "best" which implies no set standard. Mainly because "Kevin Steen" and "good wrestling" don't usually set well in the same sentence, unless it was a sentence like "good wrestling never knew Kevin Steen" XD

^^ most ignorant statement made on this board
astro_zombie

Postby Mac Machine » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:27 pm

So this board needs some good discussion. Mr RM Punk, you should back up your statement. Give some real reasons why you feel the way you do about Kevin Steen.
Mac Machine

Postby Big Joe » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:17 pm

Steen wouldn't give him an autograph after a show. And then he jerked off onto his face.
Big Joe

Postby npdavis » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:38 pm

RM Punk wrote:At least you said "best" which implies no set standard. Mainly because "Kevin Steen" and "good wrestling" don't usually set well in the same sentence, unless it was a sentence like "good wrestling never knew Kevin Steen" XD

I'm Wrestleholic_08 and I know you from the ROH boards. One of the reasons I posted this here, is because I am sick and tired of the stupid narrow view that most there seem to have when it comes to Steen. He doesn't try to do anything too flashy outside of his moonsault. He is bread and butter, along the lines of old big men like Dusty.

Does he call himself Mr. Wrestling? Hell ya, and it's digging under a lot of fans' skins because they hate that Steen, a guy that they feel has no talent, can call himself that. Danielson could call himself Mr. Wrestling for all I care. I could call myself Mr. Wrestling if I wanted to.

Steen, simply put, is a big guy that does the average (and yes head drops are as over as they were in 2002) and has big charisma. Another person with those attributes? Dusty Rhodes. A guy held in great respect these days as a wrestler
npdavis

Postby Big Joe » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:50 pm

For the eightieth fucking time, Steen did not come up with the Mr Wrestling nickname. It was given to him by the fans in Quebec.
Big Joe

Postby npdavis » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Big Joe wrote:For the eightieth fucking time, Steen did not come up with the Mr Wrestling nickname. It was given to him by the fans in Quebec.

I didn't say he came up with it. I'm saying he calls himself that. And he does.
npdavis

Postby Big Joe » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:01 pm

Wait, you're from the ROH board? No wonder you don't like him. All you saw there was generic, boring, quiet Kevin Steen.
Big Joe

Postby npdavis » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:03 pm

Big Joe wrote:Wait, you're from the ROH board? No wonder you don't like him. All you saw there was generic, boring, quiet Kevin Steen.

are you addressing me or RM?
npdavis

Postby Big Joe » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:06 pm

Both of you. Have either of you see ANY, let alone all of those matches that I earlier posted?
Big Joe

Postby npdavis » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:19 pm

Big Joe wrote:Both of you. Have either of you see ANY, let alone all of those matches that I earlier posted?

No, outside of the Sexxxy Eddy match, hence why I asked what his best matches were. Granted, I meant PWG.

Actually, I saw him over the Ted Petty Invite and that's where my opinion on him was cemented. I thought he was great. However, I think that ROH fans just don't want to like him.

I however really like what I've seen.
npdavis

Postby Big Joe » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:28 pm

Wow, you ARE the one who started the topic...LOL I feel like a crackhead now. But yeah, IWS Steen is kickass. The shit with him & Beef lately is off the charts...go to http://www.syndicatewrestling.com and download the episode of Bloodstream for January 2006 to see Steen just fucking go off.
Big Joe

Postby npdavis » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:31 pm

can I ask you a question? are the big joe from the ROH board?
npdavis

Postby Big Joe » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:39 pm

I haven't posted there since like...September 2004, so unless someone hijacked my name since then, yeah. You can also find me at CZWfans.
Big Joe

Postby Lee » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:44 am

Big Joe wrote:For the eightieth fucking time, Steen did not come up with the Mr Wrestling nickname. It was given to him by the fans in Quebec.

Yeah I was apart of that.. The original chant was "Mr. Wrestling Kevin Steen~!", but then it was shortened to just "Mr. Wrestling~!!!" Ah the good ol' days in Montreal at Le Scratch.
Lee

Postby Big Joe » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:48 pm

How do you like BOGEY'S WORLD? Lmfao
Big Joe

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum