Dynamite Kid

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Dynamite Kid

Postby CheMateo » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:51 am

I've always been a fan of Dynamite Kid and that is why I took a quick liking to Davey Richards since he really embodies the style and spirit of Dynamite. I have been having a hard time finding certain matches of Dynamite Kid and I was hoping people here could be of assistance. I was looking for his matches in Calgary Stampede where he feuded with Bret Hart and which ended up leading to a Ladder match I believe. Also his feud with Bad News Allen. As for Japan, I am interested in his tag team work in All Japan. One match in particular I hope is out there, The British Bulldogs vs. The Funk Brothers. This match was the Bulldogs first match in All Japan after they jumped ship from New Japan. If anybody has some leads I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
CheMateo

Postby Aaron » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:15 am

Dynamite Kid fn ruled. I like you already. :)

I would love to see the Brett Hart vs Dynamite Kid ladder match but have never found it anywhere. (It may have been the first ladder match, invented by Dynamite Kid? I'd need to double check that)

There are a few traders out there with Dynamite Kid compilations and the Bulldogs vs Funk Bros. may be on one of them. It's not on a Dynamite Kid compilation I currently own.

I do have other Dynamite Kid matches and can easily cap and upload these although I'd rather not post the links on this forum (not sure if they are allowed or not). There are matches between Dynamite and various Harts, Cobra, Tiger Mask, Fujinami, Davy Boy, Marc Rocco (Black Tiger), Marty Jones, Chic Cullen. . . matches from World of Sport in England, Stampede and Japan.

Have you read Pure Dynamite? One of the best wrestling books on the market mate.
Aaron

Postby CheMateo » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:46 am

Oh yeah I made sure I got Pure Dynamite as soon as it came out in England. So I got the soft cover, not the watered down American release. It is probably one of my two favorite auto-biographies. I love reading it every so often. I have plenty of his New Japan stuff and of course his great series of matches with Tiger Mask. But I really became curious about those Calgary matches and that particular match with the Funk Bros after reading the book. Is there also any chance his work from Puerto Rico is available?
CheMateo

Postby Aaron » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:17 am

I don't have a single thing from Dynamite Kid in Puerto Rico. :(
Aaron

Postby WannaB » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:20 pm

Highspots has a compilation video of Billington. The tape opens with the last 15 minutes of a 2 out of 3 falls match with Bret Hart from Stampede in 1977 I believe, and they went to a time limit draw if I recall correctly.

That's the only Bret & Dynamite match I have found from Stampede but I haven't really been looking for any other matches between the two.

It's really a great compilation. It has 7 matches with Tiger Mask on there. 2 of them are rated by Highspots as 5 star matches and I would concur. The second of the two ends after Billington almost breaks his back on the guardrail when Tiger Mask does a suicide dive onto him. Billington then tries to stab Tiger Mask and the referree with a broken bottle after the match is stopped. Great stuff. One of my favorite matches of all time.
WannaB

Postby CheMateo » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:05 pm

WannaB wrote:It's really a great compilation. It has 7 matches with Tiger Mask on there. 2 of them are rated by Highspots as 5 star matches and I would concur. The second of the two ends after Billington almost breaks his back on the guardrail when Tiger Mask does a suicide dive onto him. Billington then tries to stab Tiger Mask and the referree with a broken bottle after the match is stopped. Great stuff. One of my favorite matches of all time.

Ah yes, classic match. I've come across that Best of DVD set and I have just about all the match ups between Dynamite and Tiger Mask. That is why I am hesitant to buy that particular copy from highspots. But thanks for the info. Should you come across any good Stampede stuff or more harder to find footage please let me know. Thanks!
CheMateo

Return to General Discussion