NWA disaster in Florida

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

NWA disaster in Florida

Postby sarutama » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:55 pm

I saw this on the wrestling observer site:

--NWA Copa de Lucha from Sunday in Kissimmee, FL: Colt Cabana b Roderick Strong, Kory Williams b Tommy Marr, Rocky Romero b Chasyn Rance, Joey Ryan & Karl Anderson b Phoenix Star & Zokre, Sean Waltman b Luke Hawx, Chris Colossal b Zach Maguire & Jack Manley, Apolo DCOR Colossal, Nelson Creed b Billy Kidman, Rey Misterio Sr. B Blue Demon Jr. El Hijo del Santo (who everyone came to see), Ramses (aka Silver King), Psicosis and Super Parka all no-showed. Best matches were Cabana vs. Strong and Romero vs. Rance, but neither were lucha style. Main event was horrible. The promotion never announced Santo not being there, and there were no offers for refunds and there were people who asked. (thanks to Alan Wojcik and others)

Good job NWA, trying to bring credibility back to the organization and then you go ahead and rip off the fans. Not a great way to start. I hate to see the next promoter that tries to run a lucha show in central florida, even if they actually do have the talent they advertise. Shame on NWA copa de Lucha for tarnishing the NWA name even more.
sarutama

Postby KickToKill » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:29 pm

i would've been pissed, no refunds?
KickToKill

Postby socalstrongstyle » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:11 pm

This is why most feds won't book big name lucha talent. They are notorious for no shows and double booking. Some of the guys who missed the card had flight issues though. Psycosis and Kafu were stuck in a Houston airport all day and arrived after the show had ended.
socalstrongstyle

Postby d_mon » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:53 am

I almost went to that show just for Strong/Cabana, but had to work... kinda glad I didn't even though Cabana/Strong was probably really good.
d_mon

Return to General Discussion