Other promotions

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Other promotions

Postby CheMateo » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:33 pm

I don't really watch any other promotions besides PWG. I feel like no other promotion can measure up. But still, what other groups would you folks recommend?
CheMateo

Postby Baker » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:23 pm

Ring Of Honor. If you like Japanese wrestling NOAH and Dragon Gate are good.
Baker

Postby evilpaz » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:02 pm

Yeah, I can only reallly suggest Ring of Honor and Full Impact Pro, all the other promotions aren't that great. I guess JAPW, too.

CZW = meh.
evilpaz

Postby astro_zombie » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:12 pm

aside from guerrilla i watch really whatever is put in front of me... i just like to watch wrestling
astro_zombie

Postby steven keen » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:12 pm

ROH isnt all that great. its run by fat slobs and child molestors. GABE and Rob. it's descent to say the least. minors for the wwe really
steven keen

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:15 pm

ROH isn't great, despite all those great matches and shows and all.

Seriously, ROH and IWA-MS are really good. CZW is alright. It has it's moments and has some good stuff but lately the company has gone to shit. JAPW is horrible also.
SoCalAndy

Postby Aaron » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:03 am

IPW:UK

The company that in its first show won the UK MOTY Award and then scooped the same award for 2005 making it two years in a row. In other awards where FWA has won UK Company of the year three years in a row, IPW:UK has now taken that title.

It's the company that has featured Super Dragon, Samoa Joe, El Generico, Stevie Douglas, Vampiro and all of the UK's top talent.

It runs in the venue that PWG will be using in February!!

Also, wXw, the German company in Essen where PWG will be running. The hottest crowd in the world bar none. Just crazy. They use teh top German guys as well as the legendary Robbie Brookside and guys like Super Dragon and Chris Hero.

You got the US scene covered with PWG. Broaden your horizons and get some of these two, IPW:UK especially! PWG are working with these two companies for very good reasons!!
Aaron

Postby Brad Styles » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:33 am

I think the three companys should do a supershow tour. each show in there home towns with a tournment like a super title or sumthing lol cool. N we could hav JOE v STONE 2 lol
Brad Styles

Postby Aaron » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:58 am

I know I lobbied hard for IPW:UK vs PWG in the past. . . and what do we get? PWG in IPW:UK's venue! Even better!!

Surely a WXW vs IPW:UK feud could take place across borders, not sure how though! You got Stevie as a heel in both, a British guy as the top face in Germany. . . . I would like to see the High Class Catch Club, Robbie Brookside and Stevie Douglas in Orpington more often, I know that much!
Aaron

Postby Chris. » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:51 am

Ring of Honor, Pro Wrestling NOAH, Combat Zone Wrestling, IWA:MS..
Chris.

Postby CheMateo » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:09 am

Any particularly very good NOAH shows that you folks can recommend?
CheMateo

Postby VolcanoStyle » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:31 am

If you're looking for something relatively similar to PWG when it comes to match quality and overall wackiness (although mostly the latter), I recommend CHIKARA Pro. It's redeeming features being that most of their matches are lucha-libr
VolcanoStyle

Postby Big Joe » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:37 am

You fucked the tagline up big time. Assuming the last 2 teams and Arik Canon's partner are all men...

64 teams. 51 men. 6 women. 3 bugs. 2 dragons. 2 animals. Tag World Grand Prix 2006: 3 nights. 2 champions.

I was the first one to order my tickets, and thank god its only 4 short days away. WOO! CHIKARA! CHIKARA! CHIKARA!
Big Joe

Postby Slappy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:39 am

Good thing about CHIKARA is that the dvd will be out soon after. C'mon Cheech and Cloudy!
Slappy

Postby VolcanoStyle » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:19 pm

Oh, nevermind then. More the merrier.
VolcanoStyle

Postby Paul Burns » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:46 pm

ROH is the bomb diggity.

http://www.rohwrestling.com

If you're looking to get only a few shows, I'd recommend:
- Punk: The Final Chapter
- Manhatten Mayhem
- Joe vs Kobashi
- Unforgettable
- Main Event Spectacles
Paul Burns

Postby German » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:15 am

I just watch assorted stuff from following promotions
PWG
Chikara
IWA MS
NOAH
ROH
TNA

I watch every Show Live from
wXw
GSW (both german promotions)

and some shows live from
EWP (german "catch as catch can" Promotion with legends like brookside, taylor, mcdonald and... rhino as champ)
German

Postby thesuffering » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:32 am

I'm gonna throw in another IPW:UK dude

if your want to see them at their peak check out the 1st Aniversary Show. It was just an amazing night and everybody brought their A game

Joe
thesuffering

other promotions

Postby eastcoastbias » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:05 am

As someone who was able to go to most of the ROH shows in 2002 I tend to say ROH is the best alternative. Mind you I've been going to PWG shows for a year + now. The other promotions in the Northeast have their moments. I have tapes/DVDs of CZW, JAPW and even some 3PW. Some good, some well.....

ROH now is being eaten alive by TNA and Gabe's ego which scrapes the boundary of space. BTW someone tell a previous poster that Rob Feinstein is no longer involved in ROH. I have never seen someone receive the grief RF has received considering he has never been charged, much less convicted, of any crime. To most of us, pro wrestling is a hobby. To RF it is his BUSINESS. His bread and butter. Some people who never leave their computers and see the light of day have tried to ruin the man. If he was convicted I would be first in line to castrate him. But he hasn't so let the man be. I will now put the soapbox away.
eastcoastbias

Postby bispham Seasider » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:15 am

As well as JAPW, NOAH, IPW:UK, Chikara etc try Dragon Gate and Osaka Pro.

Bizzarely The Wrestling Channel are about to show an IPWA "Supercard" - Israeli Pro Wrestling Association and also start weekly NWE shows from Italy who if I am correct can get up to 10,000 at their shows.
bispham Seasider

Next

Return to General Discussion