Ronin kicks more ass at NGW

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Ronin kicks more ass at NGW

Postby JustJay » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:32 am

Ronin extended his streak of excellent matches in Next Generation Wrestling (NGW), where he managed to defeat Hook Bomberry in a hard-hitting match. Hook attacked the arm throughout the contest, nearly getting a tap-out on Ronin with a cross-armbreaker, but encouraged by his manager Dino Winwood (who helpfully wrote out a sign pointing out that he and Ronin were GOOD GUYS and Hook was a DOOSH BAG) made a huge comeback, planting Hook with some big suplexes and hitting him with the Death Valley Driver for the 1-2-3.

There was pretty heavy PWG involvement in this card, as in the main event That '70's Team (Joey Ryan and Disco Machine) beat Blazing Riot (Markus Riot and Leo Blaze.) Bino Gambino fell to Joey Harder, and Phoenix Star, tagging with his manager Nikki defeated the Young Bucks (Slick Nick and Mr. Instant Replay).
JustJay

Postby WannaB » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:59 am

Yeah, it was a good show. I never thought I'd see a wrestling audience singing along to MmmmBop! Fucking hilarious shit.

And Joey Ryan hit the greatest superkick ever. What was it called? Super 70's kick? He literally knocked Markus Riot back to the 70's. I though Markus was dead when I saw him flip all the way around onto his head.

The PWG usuals, Nemesis, Phoenix, Ronin, Joey, Disco, etc... They were all awesome. I'm really enjoying NGW's cards, and can't wait for the next show.
WannaB

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:49 pm

WannaB wrote:And Joey Ryan hit the greatest superkick ever. What was it called? Super 70's kick?

Super 70's Superkick. Joey Ryan was hilarious in that match. Gotta love the Joey-Rick Knox interactions. Disco and Joey are really good with that 70's Gimmick.

Anyway... back to Ronin. I think his two superb NGW showings prove that PWG should probably turn him babyface. As he was more effective against Mercury and Bomberry than he has been in his entire PWG Road to the BOLA tour. He just seems much more suited for that position and was still able to be a prick when he wanted to be (like when he launched that water bottle at Hook or threw the chair at Mercury's legs) Hopefully the match this Saturday with Scott Lost will bring this side of Ronin to PWG.

Anyway, this was a good show. I really like NGW so far. They mentioned something on SCU about having a tag team tournament. I hope they can get Arrogance to be in it. I'd pay good money for a Chris Bosh-NGW Ring Announcer debate.
TigerDriver98

Return to General Discussion