$20 PWG ticket this Sat.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Re: Slackers

Postby astro_zombie » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:58 pm

[quote="HeartPunch33"]Any 18-40 healthy male who doesn't have a full time or even part time job should be fighting in Iraq. [quote]

i hope bad things happen to you
"Live fast, die." - G.G. Allin
astro_zombie
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:17 pm
Location: alaska

Postby stiffkick80 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:29 pm

MrPWG wrote:
HeartPunch33 wrote:This will lead to $, which leads to potentially a girlfriend, and you'll be able to afford PWG tickets. Unfortunately, you will most likelyl lose the girlfriend once she realizes you like wrestling, but what the hell.



Unless you're lucky enough to get a Girlfriend who is willing to enjoy your interests and even LIKES WRESTLING... :D




*Beams with Pride*


Don't hate me because I hit the jackpot... :)
stiffkick80
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:20 pm

Postby MrPWG » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:05 am

stiffkick80 wrote:
MrPWG wrote:
HeartPunch33 wrote:This will lead to $, which leads to potentially a girlfriend, and you'll be able to afford PWG tickets. Unfortunately, you will most likelyl lose the girlfriend once she realizes you like wrestling, but what the hell.



Unless you're lucky enough to get a Girlfriend who is willing to enjoy your interests and even LIKES WRESTLING... :D




*Beams with Pride*


Don't hate me because I hit the jackpot... :)


I don't hate bro (Unlike others on this forum) because I too hit the jackpot!!! :D
User avatar
MrPWG
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:28 am

Re: Slackers

Postby astro_zombie » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:29 am

astro_zombie wrote:
HeartPunch33 wrote:Any 18-40 healthy male who doesn't have a full time or even part time job should be fighting in Iraq.

i hope bad things happen to you


wow i sound retarded... i gotta learn to not type my thoughts... anyhow... yeah your opinion is your own, blah blah, didnt mean to get all political... now forget i ever existed and lets have some fun 8)
"Live fast, die." - G.G. Allin
astro_zombie
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:17 pm
Location: alaska

Postby It's A Bomb » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:50 am

dxreydx wrote:A five dollar increase is a big deal IMO only because those who don't have full time jobs can't make 5 dollars in a matter of 15 minutes (which can be taking a number 2 on the clock). I mean when I was in high school five bucks was a butt load.


You can get five bucks anywhere these days. You can collect a bunch of cans and get five bucks. You can do little jobs around town and probably make more money than people with real jobs. You can do so much for five bucks these days. Your logic makes no sense.

what sucks is if tna starts doing house shows like they have plan then maybe no more tna guys outside of tna


Good. Indy wrestling needs to start producing newer stars and indy promotions need to start making their homegrown workers stars insted of having to rely on overrated TNA guys who get payed a lot of money and don't even put their best effort in matches.
It's A Bomb
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:07 pm

Re: Slackers

Postby Halfwaydcent » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:31 am

HeartPunch33 wrote:If you all can't afford $20 then dig a shallow hole and bury yourself in it. Any 18-40 healthy male who doesn't have a full time or even part time job should be fighting in Iraq. "yeah, I'm not working right now, I'm waiting for the right thing to come along....ah, by the way homes, can I borrow $20 to go to a wrestling match." Nice. PWG is well worth $20 bucks, don't be lazy, get a job. This will lead to $, which leads to potentially a girlfriend, and you'll be able to afford PWG tickets. Unfortunately, you will most likelyl lose the girlfriend once she realizes you like wrestling, but what the hell.


yeah--for the first two years of my relationship with my GF, i was a closet wrestling fan. I brought her to one of the shows--and now we go together (whenever we are off on that night). I always pay though so 40 bucks is a pretty big increase. not Too bad though.
Skeet Skeet Motha'F*cka!
Halfwaydcent
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:59 am

Postby HeartPunch33 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:26 pm

I used to be out to dinner with my wife and some of her colleagues and she'll bust out with "my husband is a big wrestling fan." Everyone would stop eating, put their silverware down and look at me. For so long I would want to crawl under the table and suck my thumb. Now I've learned to not give a crap of the perception. As for the work/school debate. Whatever works for you, but coming up with $5 dollars shouldn't be that hard.....just cut back on trips to the spank booths and everything will be fine.
HeartPunch33
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:55 pm

Postby Halfwaydcent » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:51 pm

Those damn kids always judging me... well, even the spank booths charge a little extra. You've got to tip the door man or else he "bothers" you when you are in the middle of things..... :shock:
Skeet Skeet Motha'F*cka!
Halfwaydcent
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:59 am

Postby dxreydx » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:19 pm

I wasn't talkign about myself about gettign five dollars personally I'm talkign about kids who don't have jobs, or lack the intelligence to get one. Five dollars doesn't seem like a lot to you guys, but theres lots of wrestling fans who can't afford that. Just being devil's advocate here and I know most of the fans who regulary go won't mind forking the five bucks. What I am talkign about is those fans who are new to PWG and see the 15 to 20 dollar increase. That is a a hefty difference there. I mean try telling someone who you are trying to convince to go to a PWG show with a 20 dollar ticket compared to a 15 dollar ticket. By they way I mean gas at 2.26 is no different then 1.26 right? It's only a dollar right? Yet thats 12 gallons for most cars and thats 12 bucks factored in to how many times you fill up. As for the 5 dollar hike thats 24 shows in a year and that adds up to around 125+, which is a lot of money. I know PWG is doing the price change for a reason and that's cool. I think they are doing it because they know there fan base will pay it, lets see if the new fans will.
dxreydx
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:55 am

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:43 pm

I don't see what the big deal is. So they had to raise the price by $5 just because some of the bigger stars are asking for more money. Just be thankful PWG is still around when a lot of Indy feds are going out of business and would love to have the loyal fanbase of PWG. I just hope this doesn't draw away fans that just come to see the major fly-ins or those who come once in a while.
WrestlingFanMatt
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:39 am
Location: Anaheim

Postby SoCalAndy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:33 pm

By they way I mean gas at 2.26 is no different then 1.26 right? It's only a dollar right? Yet thats 12 gallons for most cars and thats 12 bucks factored in to how many times you fill up. As for the 5 dollar hike thats 24 shows in a year and that adds up to around 125+, which is a lot of money.


Stupid analogy. This is only one show at twenty bucks and trying to assume they're all going to be 20 is dumb. Trying to compare this to rising gas prices is retarded.

Seriously, people need to stop bitching about five bucks. As said above, it's easy to get five bucks. Even retards can make that money easily.
SoCalAndy
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Pasadena, California

Postby dxreydx » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:17 pm

Who was ever complaining? I sure wasn't I was just stating the FACT that 20 dollars will make it hard to convince the non PWG fan to go to a show. That's all hopefully someone wil punch Andy in the face at the merch table. Any takers?
dxreydx
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:55 am

Postby SoCalAndy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:35 pm

I don't plan on going to the merch table tonight, no new DVDs have been announced so there's no point in going over there tonight for me.
SoCalAndy
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Pasadena, California

Postby JayJay » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:43 pm

$20 isn't bad for an indie wrestling show that showcases some of the best talent in SoCal (and in the cases of Sabin and Daniels, well known talent that could easily wrestle elsewhere).

It's my first PWG show, though I'm more than just the average wrestling fan. I've heard great things about the PWG product, and I'm incredibly interested in seeing some of SoCal's talent (I was brought up in the land of backyard kids and ROH).
JayJay
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:39 pm

Postby It's A Bomb » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:16 pm

By they way I mean gas at 2.26 is no different then 1.26 right? It's only a dollar right? Yet thats 12 gallons for most cars and thats 12 bucks factored in to how many times you fill up.


Here's the thing though, if you only paid for one gallon of gas it's only a dollar difference. If you bought more gallons it would just mean the price gets higher and higher to the point where you're spending more. With this it's only one show and trying to say it'll effect people's wallets doesn't hold as people mostly don't attend every show.

Who was ever complaining?


You are. You claim to be able to cover the cost, but you're taking on this issue like you're life depended on several kids from spending five extra dollars on a show. And if people where smart and tried to get new fans, they wouldn't mention that it use to cost less money. And trying to condone someone getting punched in the face for pointing out your flawed logic makes you look childish.
It's A Bomb
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:07 pm

Postby dxreydx » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:43 pm

Personally complaining? No. Complaining on the parts of those who think five dollars is a big price hike, yes. I can cover the cost, but if I brough my lady, which I might tonight 30 and 40 are a big difference. I mean unless your rich, which it seems most of you guys are, you should have no problem. Well I know most the regulars attend more then half the shows and if PWG were to do this on a regular basis (who knows) then it would affect people's wallet. Like I said before I am playing devil's advocate, but most of you don't understand that. Anyone I'll see everyone at the show tonight. As for punching in the fact, it was a joke, but I assume jokes are childish too right? Last thing isn't pro wrestling childish anyways. There play fighting...............
dxreydx
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:55 am

Postby CheMateo » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:50 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:I don't plan on going to the merch table tonight, no new DVDs have been announced so there's no point in going over there tonight for me.


Actually the gentleman that is usually in charge of selling the DVDs told me that they would more than likely have All Star Weekend 2 up for sale at this show and the two December shows would be at the Feb 4th show.
User avatar
CheMateo
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Farmington Dist. L.A.

Postby trixster_73 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:36 am

With Samoa Joe, Daniels, and Sabin not participating in Sat's event. I want.. my... $4.00 bucks back. PWG can keep my $1 because of AJ. Or some nachos/hot dog credit would be nice. I thought it was very touching that Daniels spoke and thank us. After hearing that I was like.. naw man, keep my extra $5.00.
i'm a female mark. oh yes, i am.
trixster_73
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:23 pm
Location: Flossangeles

Postby Club Soda Kenny » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:25 pm

The guy that sells PWG merch at the shows is a real jerk.
Club Soda Kenny
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:15 pm

Postby CheMateo » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:30 pm

Club Soda Kenny wrote:The guy that sells PWG merch at the shows is a real jerk.


Are you talking about the fellow with the long hair? If so I must highly disagree with you as he has been nothing but helpful and polite to me.
User avatar
CheMateo
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Farmington Dist. L.A.

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests