Some questions about the show...

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Some questions about the show...

Postby Ocire » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:58 pm

Hey. I've been looking for some Indy companies in my area and alas, I came across this one. i might consider coming but i've got some questions.

is there an age limit? cuz i'm only 14 and I have a feeling it's 18 and older.. so if there's an age limit, damn.

also, the show's sound awesome, but what is the audience like. is it a whole bunch of drunk fans getting in fights and acting crazy. or is there some sensiblility in people? i mean, obviously it's gonna be loud, but is it gonna be scary where my family would get trampled by people? i hope those questions made sense..

please answer and thanks in advance :D
Ocire

Re: Some questions about the show...

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:29 pm

Ocire wrote:Hey. I've been looking for some Indy companies in my area and alas, I came across this one. i might consider coming but i've got some questions.

is there an age limit? cuz i'm only 14 and I have a feeling it's 18 and older.. so if there's an age limit, damn.

also, the show's sound awesome, but what is the audience like. is it a whole bunch of drunk fans getting in fights and acting crazy. or is there some sensiblility in people? i mean, obviously it's gonna be loud, but is it gonna be scary where my family would get trampled by people? i hope those questions made sense..

please answer and thanks in advance :D

1. No age limit.

2. It's not that bad at all. There are a few drunk morons every now and then but they are harmless. Mostly it's a pretty sane crowd.

Try it, I'm sure you'll like it.
TigerDriver98

Postby Ocire » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:32 pm

oh. thanks for the answers.

and also, do you ever see kids there? kids as in 13-15 looking cuz i'd feel outta place there if i was the only one there.. let alone with my mom :p
Ocire

Postby Ocire » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:42 pm

and let me ask this..

whats the area around this place like? is it a good neiborhood or is it pretty trashy? hopefully someone has input
Ocire

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:49 pm

1. I've noticed groups of kids at the shows, kids with their parents ETC. It's common I'd say.

2. It's not in bad area ("bad" really depends on your personal outlook however) I've never heard of anyone attending the shows having any problems.
TigerDriver98

Postby Mark of the Dragon » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:59 pm

Ocire wrote:and let me ask this..

whats the area around this place like? is it a good neiborhood or is it pretty trashy? hopefully someone has input

PWG runs there promotion outta a jewish community center. the area isn't a High Class area but then again it isn't SlumVille either. the Crowds are your normal type of people. Rangeing in ages from like 5 to late 50's. Most of wich are there for the refreshing spray of blood that flys from the ring every other match. Actually the crowd is sometimes a lil rowdy from time to time, but it's a controlled Chaos.
Mark of the Dragon

Postby WannaB » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:46 pm

The crowd is for the most part full of educated wrestling fans who have a high amount of respect for and knowledge of the industry.

The area looks rundown, but it is very safe.

As said earlier, there are the occassional drunk morons, but nothing ever happens with them.

Be prepared to leap out of your seat on a moment's notice as there are no guard rails and the wrestlers do tend to fly into the crowd rather frequently.

Don't expect garbage hardcore wrestling, or watered down WWE wrestling. You'll see a variety of styles including lucha libre, european & japanese grapple/technical style, as well as your garden variety american hybrid. So please, don't come to a show decked out in full on WWE gear or make stupid chants or comments that pertain to the WWE. Don't be like our resident Hardy fan.

There are kids who come, their are families who come, however I'm not sure if your mother would be as welcoming of PWG as say the WWE if that's what she's expecting. The language is much stronger, and the action is much more intense.

PWG is by far one of the best indy promotions out there, but they are certainly the best in all of SoCal. They are well worth the money as they hardly ever dissapoint.
WannaB

Postby Ocire » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:05 pm

thanks for the answers guys. i showed my mom and she said we could go sometime. right now we're really low on funds but, if we have the money next time, we're there :D
Ocire

Postby Doggie 6:32 Crack » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:39 pm

the crowd:
dont worry the crowd is harmless. just full of a bunch of fat wrestling geeks who scrape up whatever change they have for a bus pass and entrance fee. dont take their advice on good wrestling. they dont know it when they see it.

the area:
just bring a shank. there's plenty of bums at the show already. not to mention around the streets who wouldnt mind stealing your shoes for crack money.

and finally about the overall show. dont expect to see world class championship wrestling. there's a few stand out guys(alex koslov, rocky romero), but overall it's so so. these guys could sure eat something and use a gym pass. i hope this helps you out some kid. :twisted:
Doggie 6:32 Crack

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:10 pm

So please, don't come to a show decked out in full on WWE gear or make stupid chants or comments that pertain to the WWE. Don't be like our resident Hardy fan.

Seriously, answer this question: what did these people do to you? They don't effect the show yet people like you keep bringing them up because they annoy you. It's getting old. Let those people be fans, trying to alienate paying costumers isn't something that should be going on in PWG.

As for Ocire, I hope you get a chance to go to the show. When you do, have fun and enjoy yourself.
SoCalAndy

Postby Top_Gun_Mark_2 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:50 am

Doggie 6:32 Crack wrote:the crowd:
dont worry the crowd is harmless. just full of a bunch of fat wrestling geeks who scrape up whatever change they have for a bus pass and entrance fee. dont take their advice on good wrestling. they dont know it when they see it.

the area:
just bring a shank. there's plenty of bums at the show already. not to mention around the streets who wouldnt mind stealing your shoes for crack money.

and finally about the overall show. dont expect to see world class championship wrestling. there's a few stand out guys(alex koslov, rocky romero), but overall it's so so. these guys could sure eat something and use a gym pass. i hope this helps you out some kid. :twisted:

How is this stupid fuck not banned yet? Mods?
Top_Gun_Mark_2

Postby Halfwaydcent » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:28 am

You'll have fun--your mom will kill you after the show... if your mom doesn't get you, the neighborhood thugs will... ahahah Just kidding--seriously, it is hard to find the place when you are driving out there. Try to get some landmarks to identify the area. There is a Mcdonalds and a YOshinoya around the area. the Sign for Bates street is covered up with leaves, and its not a well lighted area--bring a flashlight. Good luck though--if you get there--you'll have a great time.
Halfwaydcent

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum