Travis and Vic's Drunken Horror Adventures

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Travis and Vic's Drunken Horror Adventures

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:10 am

I used to co-host a YouTube show, which has now become a podcast! We returned on Labor Day with our Top 10 Summer Horror Movies and it was definitely a blast. By the way, the YouTube show isn't completely dead as we may return in video form every now and then, but we'll now be doing shows on a weekly basis. I have to say, the first podcast episode of Travis and Vic's Drunken Horror Adventures was definitely a success! Vic had his own list of his Top 10 Summer Horror Movies but here was mine with some snubs noted below as well:

For the criteria we used to define horror, please go to Wikipedia and all of these films are classified under "horror films" so there's an argument that some aren't horror, but we're just going to use that as our criteria for the definition of horror to prevent a debate about what is and isn't horror.

1. Jaws (the original)
2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre Series
3. Predator Series (Not AVP)
4. Piranha 3-D
5. Friday the 13th series
6. They Live
7. From Dusk Til Dawn
8. John Carpenter's Vampires
9. Sleepaway Camp series
10. The Devil's Rejects

Snubs:
The Burning, The Blob, Lake Placid, Cabin in the Woods, Bubba Ho-Tep, House of Wax, Pitch Black, Psycho 3, The Mummy Series, Serpent and The Rainbow, Critters Series, Hatchet Series, Anaconda, Tremors Series, The Lost Boys, I KNow What You Did Last Summer, Lucio Fulci's Zombi, Cujo, Cabin Fever, The Hills Have Eyes (Remake especially), Silver Bullet

To hear Vic's Top 10 as well, please click the link here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fillingthevoidrn/2014/09/02/travis-and-vics-drunken-horror-adventures

On Monday September 8th, we will be discussing the 80's slasher classic...The Burning! This is kind of a polarizing movie for a lot of people. I know the first time I saw it I gave it 4 Machetes out of 4. At the time I had only seen it once. I've since rewatched it a few times over the last few weeks. Has my opinion changed? You'll have to tune in to find out!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fillingthevoidrn/2014/09/09/travis-and-vics-drunken-horror-adventures

It's going to be one hell of a show. Also, FYI for anyone who hasn't seen it, we will be SPOILING it heavily, so you're definitely going to want to check it out beforehand. It's actually on YouTube, so give it a watch and then tune in!

PhenomenalTLD

Tonight is the night!!!

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:16 am

Tonight! Don't forget to tune in at 9 PM EST as we discuss The Burning! Is it an 80's Slasher Classic or is it a Friday the 13th Rip Off? We'll give our thoughts...while drunk!

The show starts at 9 PM EST TONIGHT (Monday 9/8) and if you have thoughts of your own you can call into 310-634-1923 and discuss the movie live on the air with us! Hope to hear from you all!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fillingthevoidrn/2014/09/09/travis-and-vics-drunken-horror-adventures
PhenomenalTLD

Episode 3 9/15/14: John Carpenter's Halloween

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:12 am

TONIGHT at 9 PM EST! Monday September 15th, we will be discussing the John Carpenter masterpiece…Halloween! “The night HE comes home” becomes the night WE get drunk and talk about this bad ass movie! This is actually the beginning of our Halloween Series retrospective as every Monday from September 15th to October 27th, we’ll be talking about each movie in the original Halloween Series. We’ll have a blog up at travnvichorror.wordpress.com discussing whether the original Halloweens holds up now and we’ll expand on that on the show as Travis runs down the movie while drunkenly stumbling over his words. Meanwhile, Vic will be confused as Travis tries to convey some nonsensical thoughts on the movie. As usual, you’ll want to stick around for “What’s Grinding My Gears” as these two drunk fools let loose and tear apart everything most people hold sacred. Check it out!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fillingthevoidrn/2014/09/16/travis-and-vics-drunken-horror-adventures

Also, FYI for anyone who hasn't seen it (who the hell hasn’t?) we will be SPOILING it heavily, so you're definitely going to want to check it out beforehand. It's actually on YouTube which we have linked to our Facebook page, so give it a watch and then tune in!

PhenomenalTLD

September 15th, 2014: John Carpenter's Halloween

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:00 pm

September 15th, 2014: John Carpenter’s Halloween

It was John Carpenter’s Halloween…the night we got drunk! Granted, that happens every Monday night, but this was special. Why was it special? Well, we talked about John Carpenter’s masterpiece, Vic didn’t know what the hell was going on whenever Travis asked him a question, and Travis polished off the night by pissing in his rose bushes…if you’re into that kind of thing. What could be better? How about “What’s Grinding My Gears” where Travis and Vic were as offensive as they’ve ever been! If you haven’t seen this bad ass movie, it’s on YouTube…and you should also be ashamed of yourself for never having seen it.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fillingthevoidrn/2014/09/16/travis-and-vics-drunken-horror-adventures

Travis’s Rating: 4 out of 4 Machetes
Vic’s Rating: 4 out of 4 Chainsaws
PhenomenalTLD

September 22nd, 2014: Halloween II

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:52 am

September 22nd, 2014: Halloween II

This was another crazy one as Travis decided to try out some Angry Orchard and Redds Wicked Apple! It did the trick! As usual Vic was too drunk (or too drunk when we watched it) to remember half of the movie as Travis made references that confused him to no end. Did Travis piss on a rose bush on-air again? You’ll have to tune in and find out! It was your typical mix of drunkenness, belligerence, and general lack of political correctness that you’ve come to expect from these two. “What’s Grinding My Gears” was another highlight as Jer (@The1AndOnlyJer) called in from North Carolina to give the boys hell for calling him a druggie. They also got into a discussion about horror conventions, slashers, and a variety of other topics. Unfortunately, the sequel isn’t on YouTube so hopefully you’ve seen this bad boy before you tune in!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fillingthevoidrn/2014/09/23/travis-and-vics-drunken-horror-adventures

Travis’s Rating: 4 out of 4 Machetes
Vic’s Rating: 3.5 out of 4 Chainsaws
PhenomenalTLD

Re: Travis and Vic's Drunken Horror Adventures

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:12 pm

Sorry for being MIA lately!

This past week we had the most WILD show in our history as Brittany Wonder, John Wayne Murdoch, Harry Palmer, Kaige Kuttler, and Gabby called in! Who the hell are these people? Click the link and find out! We talked "The Thing From Another World" as "The Thing December" kicked off with a HUGE bang! Trust me when I tell you that you need to listen to this show! The first 30 minutes or so are all dedicated to the movie and the last hour & a half are quite frankly, the closest to the Howard Stern show you're gonna get! Check it out!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fillingthevoidrn/2014/12/02/travis-and-vics-drunken-horror-adventures
PhenomenalTLD

1/26/15: H.H. Holmes: America's First Serial Killer

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:12 pm

If you’ve ever tuned into Travis & Vic’s Drunken Horror Adventures (shame on you if you haven’t) then you know how much we like to talk about serial killers. While our show certainly is a horror podcast, what’s more interesting to talk about than real life horrors? Well on Monday, January 26th, we’re going to be discussing a TRUE horror as we discuss a documentary and the killer who inspired it in…”H.H. Holmes: America’s First Serial Killer.” If you’ve not seen the documentary, it’s on Netflix, so be prepared for it when you tune in!

There’s going to be a lot of interesting talk about torture chambers, acid vats, greased chutes, and gassing rooms on this podcast….and two drunk dudes rambling nonsense too! Come listen and hear what the two “Louisville Town Drunks” have in store for you on this very special edition of Travis & Vic’s Drunken Horror Adventures! As always, if you wanna join in on the fun, you can call into 310-634-1923 and join the discussion.

On top of all the usual antics, a couple of guests will be joining the fold (and possibly more, as well)!

Monday night, January 26th, we will have a true expert join the show as Adam Selzer will call in to talk about this notorious serial killer and the crimes he committed. Adam Selzer is the author of “The Murder Castle of HH Holmes” as well as “The Three Confessions of HH Holmes” and he will lend his expertise while discussing the subject.

We are also honored to have ANOTHER expert join the show as “The History Cop” himself will join us! Fresh off a talk about H.H. Holmes at the Clearing Historical Society, Raymond Johnson will call in to talk about this notorious serial killer and the crimes he committed. Raymond is the author of “Chicago History The Stranger Side” and he will give us a very unique perspective on the subject at hand. He will touch on some new links to H.H. Holmes and the White City as well as previously undisclosed location he may have used for body disposal…as well as a possible murder in England!

YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS HUGE SHOW!

Showtime is Monday Night, January 27th at 9 PM EST. You can go back any time by listening to it in the archives with the link below.

[url]Tune in here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fillingthe ... adventures[/url]
PhenomenalTLD

February 2nd: My Bloody Valentine (1981)

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:20 pm

On February 2nd, the “Louisville Town Drunks” return to their favorite subject…slashers! You see, February is a beautiful time of year when young hearts begin to fall in love with the beautiful holiday of Valentine’s Day upcoming…but on Monday February 2nd at 9 PM EST, we cut a hole right into Cupid’s chubby little face as the subject at hand is the original “My Bloody Valentine!” This slasher classic comes to us from the Great White North and the two hooligans from Kentucky will break it down as they always do. Come listen and hear what Travis, Vic, and Harry Warden have in store for you on this edition of Travis & Vic’s Drunken Horror Adventures! As always, if you wanna join in on the fun, you can call into 310-634-1923 and join the discussion.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fillingthevoidrn/2015/02/03/travis-and-vics-drunken-horror-adventures

PhenomenalTLD

Return to General Discussion