Super Dragon & Samoa Joe vs. Bryan Danielson & Spanky

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Super Dragon & Samoa Joe vs. Bryan Danielson & Spanky

Postby Shabang728 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:08 pm

Match is here: http://www.freeprowrestling.com/2002/07 ... -war-2002/

This was the first match I've seen in Reseda from a non-PWG show. Does anyone know more about Epic War? They have all these insane matchups on Youtube, but I don't know anyone who went to their shows. Did anyone go see their shows live? How did the live Reseda atmosphere compare from 2002 to now?
Shabang728

Re: Super Dragon & Samoa Joe vs. Bryan Danielson & Spanky

Postby socalstrongstyle » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:47 am

The match in question is from about ten years ago when it was Epic. They went out of business and returned a few years later as Pro Wrestling War. Ran a couple of years and then once again shut down. They then returned as the current incarnation. The original fed was really good. Each of the following versions of the fed was not nearly as good.
socalstrongstyle

Re: Super Dragon & Samoa Joe vs. Bryan Danielson & Spanky

Postby Dangerous Robot » Wed May 02, 2012 1:03 am

I went to this show at the El Rey in 2002.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMsYQN7CkSM

It was the first time I Saw Super Dragon (as well as Excalibur & Danielson) and the crowd was great. Probably twice as many people as a full Reseda show and they were pretty hot all night. Christopher Daniels and Brian Kendrick wrestled (before they made it big), Disco, B-Boy, a couple CZW guys, and a bunch more were there. Sabu vs. Jerry Lynn was the main event and it was pretty crazy. Got to go back stage after the show and saw Sabu go off on a 13 year old kid for touching his shoulder. Kind of scary.

Pretty awesome since there wasn't really all that much good wrestling going on at the time. . .
Dangerous Robot

Return to General Discussion