How Low Ki signed with DGUSA and EVOLVE

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

How Low Ki signed with DGUSA and EVOLVE

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Lord Akiyama

Re: How Low Ki signed with DGUSA and EVOLVE

Postby Meltman » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:31 pm

Yeah, we'll see how long this lasts.

My guess is they'll have him win over jobbers for 6 months before any matches happen you'd wanna see on paper.
Meltman

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Thats just incredibly negative. 6 months of crushing "jobbers" isn't really condusive to the scheduling of DGUSA/Evolve.
Garden State Saint

Postby RobGrayson » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:59 pm

Maybe it's just me, but isn't it kind of a prick move to do a double stomp on a guy who is unconscious?
RobGrayson

Postby Meltman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:59 am

Garden State Saint wrote:Thats just incredibly negative.

It's easy to be cynical when his record speaks for itself. Awesome wrestler, but he doesn't last anywhere for more than 6 months without some shit going down. His 2011 PWG run obviously didn't end because of match quality.

Garden State Saint wrote:6 months of crushing "jobbers" isn't really condusive to the scheduling of DGUSA/Evolve.

It's not that, it's keeping Low Ki satisfied. Seeing him vs. BxB Hulk surprises me because I figured he'd be given random low-grade matches just to give him a bunch of wins. He's def winning this match.

He'll be given a title soon so they put a lock on keeping him around at least for a little while. I don't expect anything he does in DGUSA to be better than Low Ki vs. Tozawa from PWG, and that match wasn't even that good.
Meltman

Postby musdy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:14 pm

What a joke this guy is.
musdy

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Meltman wrote:

It's easy to be cynical when his record speaks for itself. Awesome wrestler, but he doesn't last anywhere for more than 6 months without some shit going down. His 2011 PWG run obviously didn't end because of match quality.

Garden State Saint wrote:6 months of crushing "jobbers" isn't really condusive to the scheduling of DGUSA/Evolve.

It's not that, it's keeping Low Ki satisfied. Seeing him vs. BxB Hulk surprises me because I figured he'd be given random low-grade matches just to give him a bunch of wins. He's def winning this match.

He'll be given a title soon so they put a lock on keeping him around at least for a little while. I don't expect anything he does in DGUSA to be better than Low Ki vs. Tozawa from PWG, and that match wasn't even that good.

I don't care to bother your first point as I do agree with that but not to have high expectations for Low Ki going further in DGUSA/Evolve to me is saying alot. I think the guy will deliver.
Garden State Saint

Postby rohgenextfan » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:48 am

Garden State Saint wrote:
Meltman wrote:

I don't care to bother your first point as I do agree with that but not to have high expectations for Low Ki going further in DGUSA/Evolve to me is saying alot. I think the guy will deliver.

People thought the same thing regarding Davey Richards and EVOLVE. I was one of them. Not saying anything against Low-Ki, just presenting a counter argument.
rohgenextfan

Postby Meltman » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:
Meltman wrote:

It's "saying a lot"? It says I've seen the guy's pattern in promotions over years of being a fan, so my expectations are realistic. I know on paper he could have a lot of amazing matches in DG, but you're being naïve if you think this will go or end well. Either Ki will get bored and leave or be begged to stay and start mailing it in.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:50 pm

I'm just gonna toss this in here, since it's a DGUSA thread.

Ricochet and Rich Swann both left for Japan straight from LA, they arrived the day after the DGUSA event.

And yet Ricochet was able to wrestle in PWG on Sunday, a day after he arrived in Japan. Miraculous.

Wrestling news websites suck.
Meltman

Return to General Discussion