wrestling rule question

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

wrestling rule question

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:48 pm

Anyone else watching RAW? Dolph Ziggler and Kofi Kingston were wrestling a 2 out of 3 falls match, it was tied at a fall a piece. Dolph hit Kofi with the title and got disqualified but remained champ, aparently the title cant change hands on a countout or disqualification. I always thought that in a 2 out of 3 falls match the person with 2 falls gets the victory no matter how they get them, shouldnt Dolph getting dq'd give Kofi a victory resulting in 2 falls for Kingston thus making him champ?
eastbay510

Re: wrestling rule question

Postby So Cal Punk » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:31 pm

i'd say only the first 2 falls can be dq, but apartently rock & hhh had a match where the 3rd fall was a dq & the title changed hands, so i guess it's whatever the bookers want it to be.
So Cal Punk

Postby Endurance » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:30 pm

I think that if you get dq'd, you should be dq'd from the entire match, not just that fall.
Endurance

Postby luca brasi » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:19 am

yeah it's a crappy swerve been used before. I remember a 2 out of 3 falls between the Bulldogs and Beefcake-Valentine. Bulldogs won their 1st fall by DQ, so when they won the 2nd fall and grabbed the belts, the ref pulled them away and gave them back to the Dream Team because one of the wins was BY A DQ.
Why even continue wrestling the match if you aint gonna have a chance at winning the belts? Lazy booking.
luca brasi

Return to General Discussion