Daniel Bryan is done, but Bryan Danielson has just begun...

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Re: Daniel Bryan is done, but Bryan Danielson has just begun...

Postby deadmandevilman » Tue May 18, 2010 1:35 am

jacob_burman wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:I just hate the WWE state of mind that you have to be built and/or huge to be a star in wwe. The small guys always get over looked, no matter how great thier talent is

I agree and disagree, as I see both sides to the coin. The smaller guys that can work, they should be getting pushed and given the titles. However, wrestling is a business. It's the whole larger than life aspect. Wrestling is fake, but in the same mindset, as a fan, you have to believe a guy can really beat the other guy up. A 180 pound guy defeating a 250 pound guy for the World Heavyweight Title must likely won't happen many times. Plus, the guys that are big and huge, those are the guys kids want to grow up and be like. They want to wear their shirts and cheer them on. That creates money for the company. A smaller guy, he looks average, nothing really special about him, it's going to be hard selling that guy to the average person. I guess that is why I like the Indys and a company like WWE. The Indys give my fill of pure wrestling and WWE entertains me with some of their storylines and gimmicks.

Im sorry man, but your argument drives me crazy. Wrestling is about story telling, and suspending disbelief. 60 year old Ric Flair can beat 30 year old Carlito and that is believable? In real life, no one would ever bet on a 60 year old man vs a 30 year old. But its wrestling so the 60 year olds experience and cheating becomes his weapon.

Its a circular logic to say that people want to see only big dudes. Being 6ft tall with body builder physiques is what most WWE employees are. Guys like Batista and Cena are absolute monsters and in composition make guys like CM punk who is 6 ft and 220 look small. How many 6ft 220 pound dudes do you know? I dont know many in that kind of shape. When those are practically the only guy hired and promoted it creates its own demand, and sets the expectations. If the mainstream promotes smaller guys as contenders, they they will be contenders.

I dont mean to flame you or anything, I just, respectfully, 100% disagree with you.
deadmandevilman

Postby fatallylost » Wed May 19, 2010 12:41 am

jacob_burman wrote:
fatallylost wrote:That doesn't explain why Hornswoggle has more than 1 victory.

Poor Chavo, I think I'd rather quit and sell signed pictures at a hotel than job out every match ever against a midget.

He had a good point, though, when he tweeted about it. Said it made people talk, which it did, and people must be watching it as they are always complaining about it. Gives Chavo TV time and talked about, so it worked.

I dunno man. Yeah, Chavo gets/got the air time, but, what good does it do for him, wrestling wise? How hard would he have to work to be really credible now?

Maybe it's my strong dislike of midget wrestling that leaves a bias. I can't STAND midget wrestlers... at all. The only time it was ok for me, was the Doink/Lawler fued a million years ago. It did what it was supposed to, and it was done.

But, I get why they do it, I do, I can't hate them for that. I would just rather they have not used Chavo as his bitch.
fatallylost

Postby Meltman » Wed May 19, 2010 6:02 am

Whether or not you enjoy the product, this is worth watching.
Meltman

Postby DeadBlueBlazer » Wed May 19, 2010 9:34 am

beating the shit out of Cole is the best thing AmDrag has done in wwe!
DeadBlueBlazer

Postby bill1985 » Wed May 19, 2010 5:47 pm

That was the best moment ever. I'll be honest, either that promo or the one Kevin Steen cut after the Chicago street fight to me is right now the promo of the year. Kick ass Bryan kick ass.
bill1985

Postby Htornado » Wed May 19, 2010 6:20 pm

Yeah that was pretty awesome. By far the best thing that's happened on NXT.
Htornado

Postby jacob_burman » Wed May 19, 2010 7:30 pm

fatallylost wrote:
jacob_burman wrote:
fatallylost wrote:That doesn't explain why Hornswoggle has more than 1 victory.

Poor Chavo, I think I'd rather quit and sell signed pictures at a hotel than job out every match ever against a midget.

He had a good point, though, when he tweeted about it. Said it made people talk, which it did, and people must be watching it as they are always complaining about it. Gives Chavo TV time and talked about, so it worked.

I dunno man. Yeah, Chavo gets/got the air time, but, what good does it do for him, wrestling wise? How hard would he have to work to be really credible now?

Maybe it's my strong dislike of midget wrestling that leaves a bias. I can't STAND midget wrestlers... at all. The only time it was ok for me, was the Doink/Lawler fued a million years ago. It did what it was supposed to, and it was done.

But, I get why they do it, I do, I can't hate them for that. I would just rather they have not used Chavo as his bitch.

I see that and agree. Maybe use a guy like Masters? Sadly, not knocking Chavo at all as I love the guy as a performer, but he's near the end, so he really wasn't going to get any push at all. This at least gives him a paycheck and have some fun, which, at least he says, he is having.

And yeah, THAT is what NXT should have been about. Danielson ripping everything open. That was f'n amazing.
jacob_burman

Postby fatallylost » Wed May 19, 2010 8:15 pm

I agree with that. Rather have some kind of payday than be released. I just wish there was something for him. I don't see him as a manager, maybe a play by play man? Who knows.
fatallylost

Postby jacob_burman » Wed May 19, 2010 11:05 pm

fatallylost wrote:I agree with that. Rather have some kind of payday than be released. I just wish there was something for him. I don't see him as a manager, maybe a play by play man? Who knows.

He'd be a lot better than the other play by play guys over at WWE lol. The move back to SD looked promising, but doubt anything will come out of that anyways. Seems like there is a youth movement and there's not much room for him. I would have loved to have seen him get some better pushes throughout his career, just management never seemed to put too much confidence in him.
jacob_burman

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:35 am

Meltman wrote:

Whether or not you enjoy the product, this is worth watching.

That had to be the best thing I've seen on NXT ever! lol
DjEn3rgy21

Postby El Asian » Tue May 25, 2010 11:06 pm

just watched the latest segment of the Michael Cole and Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan feud, where Cole makes Bryan apologize to Cole or Cole will sue him for everything he's got and has security with him (including Johnny Gargano), of course it ends with security holding Bryan back as Cole slaps Bryan and runs away like a bitch until Bryan tackles Cole and I think Cole might've hit his head on the guardrails as well, then Bryan gets into a fight with The Miz and say what you will about Michael Cole but I think right now, he's probably the best heel in wrestling right now

however, the best part is when Cole claims that being attacked by Bryan was the most traumatizing thing that has ever happened to him, apparently more traumatizing than getting ass raped by John Heidenreich :lol:
El Asian

Postby CheMateo » Thu May 27, 2010 11:38 pm

El Asian wrote:say what you will about Michael Cole but I think right now, he's probably the best heel in wrestling right now
Cole has done a good job of making us loathe him but best heel right now sounds a bit much.

however, the best part is when Cole claims that being attacked by Bryan was the most traumatizing thing that has ever happened to him, apparently more traumatizing than getting ass raped by John Heidenreich :lol:
As I was reading this I was thinking about the rape, sure enough you remembered!

CheMateo

Previous

Return to General Discussion