Daniel Bryan is done, but Bryan Danielson has just begun...

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Daniel Bryan is done, but Bryan Danielson has just begun...

Postby Htornado » Tue May 11, 2010 7:40 pm

So for those of you that watch NXT, what do you guys think about what they're doing with his character, bringing him back under his known name Bryan Danielson. I'm actually pretty psyched about it. I think if the WWE does it right, they should be able to build him as the next Chris Benoit/Taz/Dean Malenko. Just a total ass kicker.
Htornado

Re: Daniel Bryan is done, but Bryan Danielson has just begun...

Postby Htornado » Tue May 11, 2010 7:46 pm

Oh, and I feel I should give credit to the awesome thread title. Sadly they're not my own works, but rather from Greg Parks over at pwtorch.com. Great job, Greg.
Htornado

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Tue May 11, 2010 9:43 pm

That was awesome at 1st I was like WTF but then when he had that promo I marked out
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby jacob_burman » Tue May 11, 2010 11:43 pm

I love it, though I hope he has a better time in the WWE than Benoit/Taz/Dean as he is supposed to be pushed to the moon. I, actually, thought it was a great idea to down play him at first, giving him a losing streak and everything. Too many people come into the WWE and just go against jobbers and win up a huge win streak. Then there were a lot of people pissed that he lost NXT, though didn't see the bigger picture. But, as always, this is WWE, so we shall see if they are able to play this off and make it HUGE as this angle could easily be one of the great things to lead us into the summer.
jacob_burman

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:50 pm

I think it's great, he named dropped and pulled the curtain out from the commercial fans. I think soon we will see "The American Dragon" back kicking peoples heads in and punching them in the ear.

Man I miss seeing Danielson in the ring at PWG shows. But man I can't wait until he shows everyone that he deserves to be on top and without some silly nickname on an acting stage. Wrestling could finally make a comeback on TV and The American Dragon can prove that he is one of the BEST IN THE WORLD.

I seriously can't wait til I hear his name on the Mic coming down the aisle on a show again.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby BadFurDay » Wed May 12, 2010 12:19 am

Now all they need is to secure a deal for the Final Countdown.

... if only.
BadFurDay

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:10 pm

Keep in mind that it is WWE, so mostly likely they will find a way to fuck it up...
ESPINOZA316

Postby MegaKnux » Wed May 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Wait.... wtf?
I thought he was eliminated...meaning no more BD/DB in WWE.
Or is that just a work?
I'm confused.
MegaKnux

Postby Meltman » Wed May 12, 2010 2:13 pm

The entire show and its premise is a work, dude. None of these people get "eliminated"; scouts know what they're doing somebody the moment they see them.
Meltman

Postby MegaKnux » Wed May 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Meltman wrote:The entire show and its premise is a work, dude. None of these people get "eliminated"; scouts know what they're doing somebody the moment they see them.

Well, yeah I knew that but still I assumed that only 1 or 2 of the rookies would go on to stay on regular TV and the rest would either go back to FCW or be released.
MegaKnux

Postby jacob_burman » Wed May 12, 2010 10:51 pm

MegaKnux wrote:
Meltman wrote:The entire show and its premise is a work, dude. None of these people get "eliminated"; scouts know what they're doing somebody the moment they see them.

Well, yeah I knew that but still I assumed that only 1 or 2 of the rookies would go on to stay on regular TV and the rest would either go back to FCW or be released.

I HIGHLY doubt WWE will release them after spending so much time on them and them being so young. They wouldn't want TNA to pick them up and create a Pope out of them.
jacob_burman

Postby fatallylost » Thu May 13, 2010 12:31 am

Just like how only the Diva Search winner got a job for WWE, right?
fatallylost

Postby MegaKnux » Thu May 13, 2010 7:42 am

fatallylost wrote:Just like how only the Diva Search winner got a job for WWE, right?

Haha, good point.
MegaKnux

Postby Meltman » Fri May 14, 2010 3:09 pm

Even with that knowledge, in a years' times I can't help but think the only NXT guys with a job will be Danielson and the famous chick's boyfriend, the latter for that reason. Most have nothing going for them.

You know it's bad when you get people confused in a sea of eight.

Also, did they get Darren "Black Cena" Young from Bizarro World?
Meltman

Postby jacob_burman » Sat May 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Meltman wrote:Even with that knowledge, in a years' times I can't help but think the only NXT guys with a job will be Danielson and the famous chick's boyfriend, the latter for that reason. Most have nothing going for them.

you think so? A couple of them have some stuff going for them, though their size might limit them (Slater and Justin). But Wade, DAMN, that man has a look, decent mic skills, and not half bad in the ring. He's the clear winner and I'm sure he'll be in the WWE for the long run.
jacob_burman

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat May 15, 2010 7:10 pm

jacob_burman wrote:
Meltman wrote:Even with that knowledge, in a years' times I can't help but think the only NXT guys with a job will be Danielson and the famous chick's boyfriend, the latter for that reason. Most have nothing going for them.

you think so? A couple of them have some stuff going for them, though their size might limit them (Slater and Justin). But Wade, DAMN, that man has a look, decent mic skills, and not half bad in the ring. He's the clear winner and I'm sure he'll be in the WWE for the long run.

I just hate the WWE state of mind that you have to be built and/or huge to be a star in wwe. The small guys always get over looked, no matter how great thier talent is
Souf Centrol

Postby jacob_burman » Mon May 17, 2010 12:31 am

Souf Centrol wrote:I just hate the WWE state of mind that you have to be built and/or huge to be a star in wwe. The small guys always get over looked, no matter how great thier talent is

I agree and disagree, as I see both sides to the coin. The smaller guys that can work, they should be getting pushed and given the titles. However, wrestling is a business. It's the whole larger than life aspect. Wrestling is fake, but in the same mindset, as a fan, you have to believe a guy can really beat the other guy up. A 180 pound guy defeating a 250 pound guy for the World Heavyweight Title must likely won't happen many times. Plus, the guys that are big and huge, those are the guys kids want to grow up and be like. They want to wear their shirts and cheer them on. That creates money for the company. A smaller guy, he looks average, nothing really special about him, it's going to be hard selling that guy to the average person. I guess that is why I like the Indys and a company like WWE. The Indys give my fill of pure wrestling and WWE entertains me with some of their storylines and gimmicks.
jacob_burman

Postby revolution » Mon May 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:I just hate the WWE state of mind that you have to be built and/or huge to be a star in wwe. The small guys always get over looked, no matter how great thier talent is

Iono, for the past year(s) it seems like WWE is wisening up and straying away from that mindset. Y2J was just champ, CM Punk has a great storyline going for him, and Edge and Randy Orton are engaged in a high-card feud. The only person I can really think of that is huge/built is Batista, and he's supposedly on his way out.
revolution

Postby fatallylost » Mon May 17, 2010 6:39 pm

jacob_burman wrote:

I agree and disagree, as I see both sides to the coin. The smaller guys that can work, they should be getting pushed and given the titles. However, wrestling is a business. It's the whole larger than life aspect. Wrestling is fake, but in the same mindset, as a fan, you have to believe a guy can really beat the other guy up. A 180 pound guy defeating a 250 pound guy for the World Heavyweight Title must likely won't happen many times. Plus, the guys that are big and huge, those are the guys kids want to grow up and be like. They want to wear their shirts and cheer them on. That creates money for the company. A smaller guy, he looks average, nothing really special about him, it's going to be hard selling that guy to the average person. I guess that is why I like the Indys and a company like WWE. The Indys give my fill of pure wrestling and WWE entertains me with some of their storylines and gimmicks.

That doesn't explain why Hornswoggle has more than 1 victory.

Poor Chavo, I think I'd rather quit and sell signed pictures at a hotel than job out every match ever against a midget.
fatallylost

Postby jacob_burman » Tue May 18, 2010 12:14 am

fatallylost wrote:That doesn't explain why Hornswoggle has more than 1 victory.

Poor Chavo, I think I'd rather quit and sell signed pictures at a hotel than job out every match ever against a midget.

He had a good point, though, when he tweeted about it. Said it made people talk, which it did, and people must be watching it as they are always complaining about it. Gives Chavo TV time and talked about, so it worked.
jacob_burman

Next

Return to General Discussion