Watchmen

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Watchmen

Postby CheMateo » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:49 pm

Who's watching the Watchmen?

You should.
CheMateo

Re: Watchmen

Postby IronMonkey » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:49 pm

-going Wednesday to see it @ the Arclight. The g/f is beyond stoked, and she recently made me read the comic (for the 1st time, and of course i thought was really really great) so I'm looking forward to it as well. Just not as much as her.

So has anybody seen it yet?
IronMonkey

Postby GravityMan » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:40 pm

I saw it earlier with my girlfriend and a few friends who haven't read the graphic novel and all of them liked it. I definitely loved the first fifteen minutes that showed
Spoiler: show
when The Comedian getting murdered and the montage of the Minutemen to the Watchmen set perfectly Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable" to Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin"
GravityMan

Postby CheMateo » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:22 pm

I was pleasantly surprised. I really think the end result was the best anyone could hope for in a motion picture adaptation of the Watchmen. It was cool to finally see all these great characters live and in motion. I really liked it. The film had me captivated right away with the great opening credit sequence. It really caught the feel and look of that older style of comic art.

I was surprised at how giggly my fellow theater patrons were. They found Dr. Manhattan's blue penis funny. The laughed at Nite Owl II's rear end and when Dr. Manhattan was meditating on Mars. However, they gasped and were shocked at the level of violence. The opening when
Comedian gets killed was well done and everyone was watching intently.
Then the gasps kept on coming like when
Comedian killed the Vietnamese girl, Rorschach threw the oil on the inmate (very cool to see that on the big screen), they buzzsawed that fat inmates arms off, and when Rorschach hacked that killer's skull.
So it was kind of interesting watching it around people who had not been familiar with the Watchmen. I'm always interested to get the opinion of non-fans and how they reacted to the film.

I know a few of my relatives saw it and they were shocked by it and found it to be a bit too long. But I know they still liked as they did manage to grow fond of Rorschach and
were actually saddened by his death.
CheMateo

Postby Lord Akiyama » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:07 pm

I really liked the film and felt Zack did a good job adapting the book. I love his casting Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach because he performed the character magnificently. It was great.
Lord Akiyama

Postby CheMateo » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:I really liked the film and felt Zack did a good job adapting the book. I love his casting Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach because he performed the character magnificently. It was great.
I agree with you. Haley was perfect as Rorschach and I also really liked Morgan as Comedian. Did anyone else think at times that Morgan resembles Robert Downey Jr and Javier Bardem?

Hey look what I came across. Remember this classic Saturday morning cartoon?
CheMateo

Return to General Discussion