a wrestler you would love to meet/or wrestling

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:28 pm

CPG wrote:Sorry, Tiger Driver 98, you were the one telling the story about Super Dragon trying to run over a fan at the JCC parking lot.

Thanks for more detail on that story. I was standing somewhat far away and only caught the basics of it.
TigerDriver98

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:31 pm

Chicago's Finest wrote:The only wrestler I have met is Mick Foley, and it was at a book signing. However, he was very classy to my buddy, and since my friend was of Pakistani descent, Foley told him a story about a time when he wrestled Middle-Eastern wrestler. One of, probably the best wrestling experience I have ever had.
I've met Mick Foley too at a book signing for Have a Nice Day. He was a great guy. But why would he tell your friend a story about the Middle East if your friend is Pakistani? Pakistan is an Asian country.
Dr.Gonzo

Postby the-sXe-enigma » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:06 pm

has anyone met any of the other pwg 6?
the-sXe-enigma

Postby Danzig22 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:40 pm

the-sXe-enigma wrote:has anyone met any of the other pwg 6?

Disco Machine is a cool motherfucker and Excalibur is funny as hell.
Danzig22

Postby KickToKill » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:03 pm

anyone ever meet Jade Chung? :D :oops:
KickToKill

Postby Evilguest » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:00 am

the-sXe-enigma wrote:has anyone met any of the other pwg 6?

everyone but Super Dragon
Evilguest

Postby Slappy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:14 am

When we had the meet and greet at European Vacation all the wrestlers were brilliant but a funny thing happened to my friend.

He only wanted AJ Styles autograph when we went round getting things signed. So he went and got AJ's and after him was Frankie, my friend walked past him and Frankie gave him the biggest death stare ever.

Cracked me and my other friend up, Frankie was great in chatting to us though.
Slappy

Postby Evilguest » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:34 pm

Slappy wrote:When we had the meet and greet at European Vacation all the wrestlers were brilliant but a funny thing happened to my friend.

He only wanted AJ Styles autograph when we went round getting things signed. So he went and got AJ's and after him was Frankie, my friend walked past him and Frankie gave him the biggest death stare ever.

Cracked me and my other friend up, Frankie was great in chatting to us though.

seriously? I've never known Frankie to act like that, ever.
Evilguest

Postby Slappy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:51 pm

Ha yeah it happened, I don't blame him though as my friend just blanked him.

Frankie was great to me and my other friend though.
Slappy

Postby steenerico » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:10 pm

Met:
Brian Kendrick
Paul London
Nigel McGuinness
All were very friendly
steenerico

Postby J_MULL » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:31 am

Just two, and one kinda sorted doesn't count. Met Necro Butcher at an ROH show, dude is super cool and really funny. The other would be John Cena...Sr. He works as a bulding appraiser in my town and noticed a Samoa Joe shirt I was wearing once at a Blockbuster and talked wrestling with me for a little while. Before he left he asked for my address, and lo and behold a month later in the mail I got a buncha Cena merch and a personalized autograph from WWE Champ John Cena. On that note, I am from the northeast, and one of my old high school teachers went to College w/ John and just said he was the coolest guy ever and it seemed he "lived the gimmick", as he use to lug DJ stuff into random partys and just start spinning discs, freestylin, etc.
J_MULL

Postby Jamboree » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:45 pm

J_MULL wrote:Just two, and one kinda sorted doesn't count. Met Necro Butcher at an ROH show, dude is super cool and really funny. The other would be John Cena...Sr. He works as a bulding appraiser in my town and noticed a Samoa Joe shirt I was wearing once at a Blockbuster and talked wrestling with me for a little while. Before he left he asked for my address, and lo and behold a month later in the mail I got a buncha Cena merch and a personalized autograph from WWE Champ John Cena. On that note, I am from the northeast, and one of my old high school teachers went to College w/ John and just said he was the coolest guy ever and it seemed he "lived the gimmick", as he use to lug DJ stuff into random partys and just start spinning discs, freestylin, etc.

Your Cena Sr. story is actually really, really cool.
Jamboree

Postby Chicago's Finest » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:18 pm

Posted: Feb Thu 14, 2008 2:31 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chicago's Finest wrote:
The only wrestler I have met is Mick Foley, and it was at a book signing. However, he was very classy to my buddy, and since my friend was of Pakistani descent, Foley told him a story about a time when he wrestled Middle-Eastern wrestler. One of, probably the best wrestling experience I have ever had.
I've met Mick Foley too at a book signing for Have a Nice Day. He was a great guy. But why would he tell your friend a story about the Middle East if your friend is Pakistani? Pakistan is an Asian country.

I apoligize, my geography isn't very good. Let's just say that Foley mentioned that he wrestled someone of who he thought might have been of similar descent.
Chicago's Finest

Postby WannaB » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:27 pm

Pakistan is a part of the Middle-East. The Middle-East is often associated with the "Muslim world", and becuase Pakistan is a Muslim nation its typically considered to be a part of the Middle-East. The Middle-East is made up of Afro-Eurasian countries, but it has no clearly defined boundaries. So being an Asian country really has no bearing on the matter. I think the confusion here is that you're mixing up continents & regions.
WannaB

Re: a wrestler you would love to meet/or wrestling

Postby super_chico » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:39 pm

I've met Ken Shamrock 3 times.First time was at 1999 The Royal Rumble.I asked him if he was ever going to return to the UFC and he replied 'Yes very soon'.

2nd time was at UFC 48 and he signed my IC Cahmpionship.

The 3rd time was at UFC 59 and he seemed really bored to be there but he was awesome to all the fans.

So in my book Shamrock was an awesome guy to meet much different than the way he was protrayed in the Ultimate Fighter.
super_chico

Previous

Return to General Discussion