a wrestler you would love to meet/or wrestling

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Postby Evilguest » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:04 pm

the-sXe-enigma wrote:haha that was funny.

hey i'm gonna try and go to a pwg show this summer.do you pay at the door just like other indie shows?

yes
Evilguest

Postby TigerDriver98 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:10 pm

CheMateo wrote:Those are both cool stories. Was the guy in line oblivious to Super Dragon wanting to park his car or was he just being blockhead? Did you happen to catch what Bosh was looking at?

- I'd say it was a little of both.

- Nope, I didn't see what Bosh was looking at. He did end up buying something though. I wonder if it starred Jean Claude Van Damme...

- I also saw Ricky Reyes in a mall food court once. Yeah... not much more to that story. But Reyes is another guy I miss seeing in PWG. He just isn't getting his due on the East Coast.
TigerDriver98

Postby Dangerous Robot » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:11 pm

Evilguest wrote:
the-sXe-enigma wrote:haha that was funny.

hey i'm gonna try and go to a pwg show this summer.do you pay at the door just like other indie shows?

yes

Unless it's BOLA, then the tickets are available online. I'm not a front row kind of guy, I prefer to stand in the back, but even buying general admission tickets online is a good idea. You won't have to stand in the non ticket holder's line and you can get a good seat. . .
Dangerous Robot

Postby the-sXe-enigma » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:44 pm

sweet thanks man.i'm gonna be flying down to a show durning the summer. i feel stupid asking this but what part of cali is pwg in?and whats a good time to arrive?
the-sXe-enigma

Postby Dangerous Robot » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:49 pm

the-sXe-enigma wrote:sweet thanks man.i'm gonna be flying down to a show durning the summer. i feel stupid asking this but what part of cali is pwg in?and whats a good time to arrive?

Shows are in the LA area, sometimes the Valley, sometimes Orange County. You're usually safe showing up at bell time. You won't miss any action but if you want a "good" seat you should get in line about an hour early.
Dangerous Robot

Postby the-sXe-enigma » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:04 pm

alright thankyou so much for the info
the-sXe-enigma

Postby the-sXe-enigma » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:14 am

hey does that "angry fan"go to pwg shows anymore?
the-sXe-enigma

Postby CheMateo » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:22 am

the-sXe-enigma wrote:hey does that "angry fan"go to pwg shows anymore?
I've seen him a few times. Angry Fan is not there as often as he used to be and he is not as angry anymore. Although I do remember him still directing his displeasure toward Joey early last year.
CheMateo

Postby the-sXe-enigma » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:48 am

haha i hope he's gonna be there.hey is there an airport close to pwg?
the-sXe-enigma

Postby Jamboree » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:30 pm

the-sXe-enigma wrote:haha i hope he's gonna be there.hey is there an airport close to pwg?

Burbank (Bob Hope) Airport, Van Nuys Airport, and LAX. The Burbank armory is literally down the street from the Burbank airport (listen closely and you can hear planes taking off on DVD).
Jamboree

Postby Kamikaze » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:15 pm

I've never met a mean wrestler. Everyone at PWG has been really nice, especially Chris Hero and Necro Butcher.
Kamikaze

Postby the-sXe-enigma » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:29 pm

thanks Jamboree.so do the wrestlers hang out after the show?
the-sXe-enigma

Postby LunchBoX » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:15 pm

Jamboree wrote:
the-sXe-enigma wrote:haha i hope he's gonna be there.hey is there an airport close to pwg?

Burbank (Bob Hope) Airport, Van Nuys Airport, and LAX. The Burbank armory is literally down the street from the Burbank airport (listen closely and you can hear planes taking off on DVD).

Isn't that the arena where Kevin Steen cut his promo against Southwest Airlines?
LunchBoX

Postby the-sXe-enigma » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:22 pm

hey do they sell any sd mask at pwg and any sd shirts at pwg shows?
the-sXe-enigma

Postby CheMateo » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:42 pm

LunchBoX wrote:Isn't that the arena where Kevin Steen cut his promo against Southwest Airlines?
Yes the Burbank Armory is where Steen initiated his challenge to Southwest.

hey do they sell any sd mask at pwg and any sd shirts at pwg shows?
I haven't noticed any in a long time. But I think they should have them at upcoming shows as Highspots has started selling Super Dragon masks again.
CheMateo

Postby the-sXe-enigma » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:43 pm

ya i already have 2 super dragon mask i just want his black with red mask shirt
the-sXe-enigma

Postby KelSteenerico » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:05 am

Low Ki is very nice. As is;

AJ
Hero
Claudio
Joey
Necro
Jack Evans
Roderick Strong
Aries
Rocky Romero

I have met Punk and he seemed fine to me. I met him after At Our Best in early 04 for ROH.

Colt Cabana has to be the nicest guy I have ever met.

Luckily,I have never had a bad experience with a wrestler. If anything, Scott Lost/Jade Chung always giving me shit/bagging on me for some reason (aka me sing along to mmbop when him and joey faced the young bucks/sarcastically asking for a hi five/calling Jade a whore ect.) but thats really it.
KelSteenerico

Postby Chicago's Finest » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:35 pm

Man, I haven't had any cool encounters with any wrestlers, I'm sure it would be sweet though.

The only wrestler I have met is Mick Foley, and it was at a book signing. Very classy guy, showed up about a half an hour early, and stayed about an hour after scheduled. When I met him, he was a little more out of it than I thought he was going to be. However I don't blame him in the least, as I was the absolute last person in line, and he was signing for about 3 hours until that time. However, he was very classy to my buddy, and since my friend was of Pakistani descent, Foley told him a story about a time when he wrestled Middle-Eastern wrestler. One of, probably the best wrestling experience I have ever had.
Chicago's Finest

Postby CPG » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:18 am

I got a chance to speak with Mick Foley briefly at a book signing he did when "Scooter" came out. This was at the Barnes & Noble in Santa Monica. I think he liked me because during the Q&A he asked the audience if anyone had some questions for him about his writing; everyone was asking him wrestling questions. So I asked him if he was a fan of Stephen King and John Irving, since I saw some influence in "Tietam Brown." He was very happy, asked me if I'd been a lit major in college (I was).

Met Rob Van Dam at Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash in Westwood a few years ago--this was when his comic store in the South Bay (?) was still open, and back when he was off the road with an ankle injury. He was hobbling around on a soft cast; I opened the door for him, and told him I was a big fan. He said thanks, and asked if I'd seen the ECW DVD (I guess that would be "Rise and Fall"). I asked him if there was going to be an RVD DVD, and he said one would be coming out shortly (which would've been "One of a Kind"). After a minute, I excused myself and let him be, which I think is the most important thing when you meet someone on the street, you know, don't mark out or be annoying.

Kick to Kill, I think I remember that time where a fan wouldn't get out of the way when someone (I had no idea it was Super Dragon) was trying to park their car. The guy in line was sitting on the ground with headphones on, I think, and when he finally moved, someone further up the line shouted, "Pour water on his car," and the guy, who'd gotten out of the car by that point, went back to the guy who'd been sitting on the ground and got in his face and said "What are you gonna do to my car?" And when the fan begged off, the guy said, "Yeah, that's what I thought," and he started eyeing everyone in the vicinity (including me) trying to figure out who'd made the crack. I must admit, the incident made me uneasy; I felt the guy overreacted, since the comment was obviously a joke, and the guy who had been sitting in the parking space had nothing to do with it. That's why I never speak ill of Super Dragon, you never know, he could be right behind you
CPG

Postby CPG » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:21 am

Sorry, Tiger Driver 98, you were the one telling the story about Super Dragon trying to run over a fan at the JCC parking lot.
CPG

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion