need help

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

need help

Postby rbt » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:53 pm

since the ring of honor forum isnt accepting new users, ill ask here. im looking for a review of the ring of honor show hell freezes over. if anyone can help that would be great.
rbt

Postby CheMateo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:06 pm

Here is a review from 411mania. But what I want to know is, was the footage of CZW running ROH out of the ECW arena ever released? I heard it was pretty wild but I believe ROH never put it on their DVDs.

Honor Roll

JZ says: I've been using the top 5 as voted on by the ROH message board. After each show (or double shot weekend), go to The ROH Message Board and vote for the top 5. In parentheses after a guy's name is his position in the last Honor Roll, and how many consecutive weeks he has been listed.

ROH WORLD CHAMPION: Bryan Danielson (since 9.17.05)
ROH PURE CHAMPION: Nigel McGuinness (since 8.27.05)
1) Austin Aries (2, 2)
2) Jay Lethal (3, 2)
3) Roderick Strong (1, 8)
4) Alex Shelley (NR, 1)
5) KENTA (NR, 1)

Intro

BG says: The new ROH Tag Team Champions Roderick Strong & Austin Aries come down to the ring for some promo time. It occurs to me that Aries started out 2005 the same way he's starting 2006. He says he and Strong are going to take the tag titles all over the world to make them more prestigious. That has yet to happen. Strong also has Bryan Danielson on his mind. Next time he gets in the ring with the champion he's taking his title. Tonight he's going to get some singles gold when he becomes the FIP champion. Aries sends Strong to the back and then calls out Ricky Reyes, who has been beating up his students.

JZ says: Just like the first show in 2005, the first show in 2006 begins with Austin Aries coming out with his new title belt. In this case, Roderick Strong is with him because they're the new ROH Tag Team Champions. Aries says that they're going to take these titles all over the world. As of this writing, they've been to Ohio and New Jersey, and Illinois. Roderick Strong says that he will still win the ROH World Title from Bryan Danielson, just like he's going to win the FIP Title tonight too. Aries says he has some personal business to attend to and sends Roderick to the back. He takes his shirt off and all the ladies scream. He calls out Ricky Reyes and wants to get their match underway right now, because he handily put his wrestling tights on under his pants. Julius Smokes and accompanies Reyes, sans music.

MATCH #1: Austin Aries vs. Ricky Reyes

BG says: Aries dives onto Reyes and J-Train as they pace around the ring. Back in the ring Reyes nails a kick to the chest. Aries comes back with a roaring elbow but misses a dropkick. Reyes hits an overhead suplex but Aries comes back with a side suplex. He hangs Reyes on the top rope and punts his chest. He knocks Reyes to the floor where he rams him into the barricade. Back in the ring Reyes hits an exploder suplex and runs Aries hard into the turnbuckle. He hits a gut wrench suplex for 2. He hits a kneedrop but walks into a chinlock. Reyes hits a chin breaker to escape and kicks away. He hits a knee to the gut and sets Aries up top. Aries fights him off and hits a missile dropkick. He hits the corner dropkick for 2. Reyes reverses the brainbuster to the dragon sleeper but Aries leans back and pins Reyes for the win. Technically decent match, but nothing exciting at all. At least Reyes didn't go down looking bad after all those months of squashes.
Rating: **

Reyes keeps the hold on after the match and J-Train adds to the beat down. Roderick Strong makes the save. Reyes gets on the microphone and says that Aries isn't any better than his students because he couldn't get out of the dragon sleeper. He challenges the tag champs to put the belts on the line because in 2006 they're running professional wrestling.

JZ says: Aries dives through the ropes onto Reyes right away. Dave Prazak welcomes us to the year 2006, since it's the first show. Aries is the aggressor but Reyes fights back with kicks and suplexes. Aries knocks Reyes outside the ring and we have our first ringside brawl of the night in the very first match. Reyes dominates for a while and Aries fights back, but Reyes locks on the Dragon Sleeper, but Aries leans back to get the pinfall at 5:49. That was a nice little sprint to start the show. Julius Smokes attacks Aries after the bell until Roderick Strong makes the save. Reyes gets on the microphone and says that Aries can't escape his Dragon Sleeper. He challenges Aries & Strong to defend the titles against The Rottweilers.
Rating: **
CheMateo

Postby rbt » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:11 pm

i think i read something about that as well, that the footage wasnt put on any dvd. i dont see why it wouldnt be added as it would have added to the feud. thank you very much for this info.
rbt

Postby rbt » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:14 pm

also, on the dbd4 dvd they do a summery of the roh czw feud and they dont include the footage.
rbt

Postby CheMateo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:27 pm

You're welcome. Yeah it never made any sense to me to not put it on DVD. I mean you had fans divided and going nuts. But what I really wanted to see was Super Dragon in ultra rudo mode. I remember a lot of ROH fans complaining that Super Dragon went too far. From all accounts it sounded like something very entertaining.
CheMateo

Postby rbt » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:32 pm

yeah ive never seen it either. and that whatever he did pretty much got him banned from roh
rbt

Postby tankillo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:40 am

rbt wrote:yeah ive never seen it either. and that whatever he did pretty much got him banned from roh
he wasn't banned, since he was at the 100th show and was supposed to be in the COD. Dude pushed people over and got in people's faces. He or Hero threw a chair and it hit some chick upside the head.
tankillo

Return to General Discussion