Foley & Dawn Marie at Frank & Son

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Foley & Dawn Marie at Frank & Son

Postby WannaB » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:34 pm

Just an FYI for anyone who is interested.

Mick Foley & Dawn Marie will be at Frank & Son this Saturday (1/26) signing autographs from 10am-2pm.

Here's the info for those of you who might be unfamiliar with Frank & Son.

http://www.alternativewrestlingshow.com/temp/1-26-08_signing.htm

Also, there's some model chick who'll be there to.
WannaB

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:54 pm

Were those pictures of Dawn Marie on the right hand side? If those are pictures of her now, I don't recognize her.
Dr.Gonzo

Postby LunchBoX » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:06 pm

Little fun fact. After she got released from WWE and had a baby she was selling houses in my town.
LunchBoX

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:16 pm

LunchBoX wrote:Little fun fact. After she got released from WWE and had a baby she was selling houses in my town.

I've always wondered, is there a reason why so many wrestling personalities go into Real Estate after their wrestling careers are over?
TigerDriver98

Postby CheMateo » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:39 pm

LunchBoX wrote:Little fun fact. After she got released from WWE and had a baby she was selling houses in my town.
Did you see houses for sale with signs that had her picture on them?

I've always wondered, is there a reason why so many wrestling personalities go into Real Estate after their wrestling careers are over?
I've noticed that too. I just always chalked it up to the possibility of real estate being a lucrative business. And the fact that some wrestlers have experience in real estate due to investing in it with their income during their hey days.
CheMateo

Postby Evilguest » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:49 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:

Because they got really good at selling? :lol: :lol: yeah dumb joke, I know. :cry:
Evilguest

Postby LunchBoX » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:37 am

CheMateo wrote:
Did you see houses for sale with signs that had her picture on them?

I've noticed that too. I just always chalked it up to the possibility of real estate being a lucrative business. And the fact that some wrestlers have experience in real estate due to investing in it with their income during their hey days.

Yeah i saw those signs and out side of the 7/11 there was this pretty huge billboard, i should go check to see if its still there.
LunchBoX

Postby atox » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:29 pm

how early should one get there to meet the stars? are the lines usually big?
atox

Postby WannaB » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:26 am

It's Frank & Son... most people there probably won't even know who Foley & Dawn are, and will walk right past them. Last time I was at Frank & Son I saw Gary Coleman there and he had a line of about 5 people. Seeing as how hardly nobody knows about this, and that they'll (Foley & Marie) be there for four hours I'd say the lines will probably be no more than a couple of people at a time... save for when they get there because I'm sure some people will be waiting ahead of time. Get there whenever and I'm sure you'll be fine.
WannaB

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:18 pm

It depends. I was there during the RVD signing last month and the line for his autograph was huge (by Frank and Son's standards that is) even at the time when he was supposed to leave. So there is a good chance that Foley's line will be pretty long as well.

Dawn Marie's table will empty though (no offense to Dawn, I actually got her autograph at F and S back before Heat Wave 2000. She was very nice.) and model's table will be declared a ghost town at around 10:05 am.

I don't know if there is a particularly good time to show up. So yeah as mentioned above... whenever should be fine.
TigerDriver98

Postby atox » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:13 pm

thanks dudes for the advice, also did Bart announced how much it would cost to meet them this time around?
atox

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:27 pm

You can find the flyers for the signings at http://www.fs-collectibles.com/

Foley appears to be anywhere between 25 and 30 bucks depending on what you get/have signed.
TigerDriver98

Postby WannaB » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:59 am

Steep prices. He's gonna make a pretty penny this weekend.
WannaB

Postby socalstrongstyle » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:57 pm

Foley got about 3 times as many fans as RVD. The line was so long that my nephews chose to shop instead.
socalstrongstyle

Postby WannaB » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:02 am

Foley had well over 500 fans over the course of the day, and he stayed well past the scheduled time. He was supposed to be there from 10:30am - 2:00pm, but he wound up leaving sometime after 4pm I believe. I was in line for a long time, and didn't get to the front until 3pm. I thanked him for sticking around so long, and he said, "As long as there are fans lined up..."
WannaB

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:40 pm

I almost hate to ask this, as I can already guess the answer. But how many people did Dawn Marie get?
TigerDriver98

Postby WannaB » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:46 pm

For as long as I was there she had about 3-5 people at her table, which was below a stage where Mick Foley was. People would randomly go up to her, but a lot of the people went to her table after walking off the stage where Foley was. She basically got the leftovers, and the random people who didn't feel like waiting two-plus hours to meet someone who's been on TV. While in line I noticed the model/actress, Sandra Taylor, who was also there doing autographs (G*d only knows why) was actually put at the food concession counter across from Foley & Marie. It was kind of hilarious to see this hot chick being hit on by random guys who thought she was there to sell Pringles, and Dr. Pepper.

Foley did extremely well, and if you figure that each person paid the minimum $25 for an autograph, or a photo, or whatever else, then he made about 15k easily. But probably more since a lot of people had him autograph multiple things, or opted for autographs & photos. The agency that set it up probably got a BIG cut of that, and Frank & Son probably got a nice fee. Dawn Marie appeared to have done well... for Dawn Marie that is.
WannaB

Postby atox » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:10 am

I talked to the guy who brings them and he said in the future we might be getting Rocky Johnson and Molly Holly, no disrespect to them but after having Foley and RVD those other guys dont look as fun.
atox

Postby WannaB » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:00 pm

I would definitely go for Molly Holly. She was an incredible wrestler.
WannaB

Postby CheMateo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:39 pm

Rocky Johnson was before my time so I have no connection to him. But Molly Holly was one of my favorite WWF women wrestlers. I've enjoyed her work. I'd actually look forward to going and seeing her.
CheMateo

Next

Return to General Discussion