CNN Death Grip Inside Pro Wrestling

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

CNN Death Grip Inside Pro Wrestling

Postby CheMateo » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:55 am

Did anyone catch the CNN documentary? I forgot about it yesterday. Does anyone know when CNN will replay it?
CheMateo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:04 am

If you don't want to wait for the replay it's on YouTube right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Hma-r8MyU

Very sad seeing Dynamite Kid today...
TigerDriver98

Postby CheMateo » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:19 am

Wow Dynamite is actually in it?! Thanks I'm gonna check it out today.
CheMateo

Postby CheMateo » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:40 pm

Man Dynamite is worse off than he was some years ago. I remember when I first read Pure Dynamite he was married again to a woman named Dotty. Now he is divorced again and all alone. I wonder what happened to all his royalties from his autobiography.
CheMateo

Postby Chicago's Finest » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:18 pm

It's sad to see but in reality, congress can shut down wrestling pretty easily if they wanted to. I think this is a very real issue, and perhaps wrestling might not be around too much longer.
Chicago's Finest

Postby Modified Cravate » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:23 pm

lol. this situation has been going since 1992 or 93. this wont mark the end of wrestling, dont scare the kids. lol
Modified Cravate

Postby Modified Cravate » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:24 pm

sorry for double posting.

dont get me wrong... there IS a problem and they NEED to take care of it. but its nothing to shut down wrestling as a whole.
Modified Cravate

Postby Chicago's Finest » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:25 pm

I see....I haven't been a fan for very long, so it seems pretty serious for me.
Chicago's Finest

Postby WannaB » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:37 pm

Congress can't do shit. The issues of performence enhancing drugs in the MLB, and long term health risks & lack of healthcare in the NFL have had their fair share of congressional hearings, and nothing has been done.

It's only been a few months and everyone outside of the wrestling community has already forgotten about the Benoit incident... at least until some people in law enforcement and the justice department can make a headline pointing a finger at someone. Even then that won't really go anywhere.

The only long term damage will be dealt to the McMahon family - maybe. And so what if the WWE suffers? As much good as it has done for the industry, it's been a joke for a long time now. They've also made it clear that they're intolerant of any competitors, whether they be a threat or not. When TNA got a TV deal, WWE decided to put on a big week of pro wrestling television. Same thing when WSX debuted. The WWE's collapse would mean a decline in the overall interest in pro wrestling as a whole. No one ever really starts out as an indy fan. Most all of us got into wrestling by watching the WWE. The indy scene would struggle onward just as it is right now, and eventually pro wrestling would have a mainstream resurgence.

Wrestling has fallen in and out of popularity a number of times before and it always comes back more popular than ever.

This latest controversy is a good thing. SOME government regulation of major promotions might be beneficial.
WannaB

Return to General Discussion