ROH Vegas/San Francisco results and thoughts

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

ROH Vegas/San Francisco results and thoughts

Postby CheMateo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:26 pm

I know quite a few people are going to the ROH Vegas show so I started this thread in hoping that they would share any thoughts, opinions or photos with us. Not sure if anyone is going to the San Francisco show but if you are please share your thoughts with us. I'm particularly interested in knowing how Tornado's debut goes in SF.
CheMateo

Postby LunchBoX » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:11 pm

What i wanna know is if ROH will keep Tornado as a evil pimp?
LunchBoX

Postby LunchBoX » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:11 pm

Sorry for the double post but i wanna know how Karl Anderson does too.
LunchBoX

Postby socalstrongstyle » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:43 pm

I read on another board there are 2 to 3 hundred people at the show. About what I expected.
socalstrongstyle

Postby CheMateo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:22 pm

Is that good or typical for Vegas?
CheMateo

Postby book Josh Abercrombie » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:34 pm

I for one am pulling for either Hero, Claudio, or Tornado. On the ROH board they said the arena holds 900 people but only 200-300 showed up.
book Josh Abercrombie

Postby LunchBoX » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:42 pm

Crowd is estimated between 200-300

1) Roderick Strong over Brent Albright to advance to the SoTF Finale with a gutbuster.

2) Chris Hero over Karl Anderson with an STF. Anderson looked impressive in a "give and take" match.

3) Rocky Romero over TJ Perkins

4) Austin Aries over Delirious via submission. This match woke up the crowd and was said to be very, very good.

5) Claudio Castagnoli over Davey Richards with a Ricola Bomb.

6) Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson fought to a 20-minute DRAW.

~It was announced that the winner of this 3-way (Tornado v. Kozina v. Hagadorn) gets into the Finals.

7) The Human Tornado over Tony Kozina and Shane Hagadorn when he pinned Kozina.

8) The Age of The Fall of Jacobs & Necro over Jay & Mark Briscoe in an "all over the venue streetfight" when Jacobs made Mark pass out following a DDT on a chair and Jacobs' submission.

9) Survival of the Fittest 2007 Finale:

~Hero pinned Tornado after Hero's Welcome
~Hero pinned Romero after Aries hit 450 splash
~Hero pinned Aries with a roll-up
~Hero pinned Strong after Hero's Welcome
~Chris Hero over Claudio Castagnoli after Todd Sinclair stopped the match when Claudio passed out in a submission hold by Hero.

Chris Hero is you 2007 Survivial of the Fittest Winner!

Credit: ROH Forums.
LunchBoX

Postby book Josh Abercrombie » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:47 pm

yes! Hero is a god. I never thought ROH would push Hero since it seems like he never wins in ROH so I am surprised they had Hero pin everybody and win a match.
book Josh Abercrombie

Postby FruffMyPirrowPreeze » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:46 am

Did anyone else get free tickets for this in the mail?

I was pretty confused because I have never done business with RoH before and I received 2 free tickets to the show from them..I'm guessing they got some addresses from PWG? Anyways I gave the tix to my girlfriend because she happened to be going to Vegas this weekend anyways and she said the show was pretty boring..showed up 45 min late and still sat in the 2nd row. And the venue was small as hell. Still wish I could have gone though ><
FruffMyPirrowPreeze

Postby WannaB » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:19 pm

The crowd was about 150-200 people.

The booze was overpriced, and watered down.

Karl Anderson was great. No one knew who he was save for the small group of my friends who were hella marking out for him. He had a pretty solid match, nothing special, but he came across well, and the other fans seemed to like him.

Kozina was also unknown to the audience, and the audience took a liking to him as well.

Tornado was not the evil pimp. But everyone in the audience was psyched to see him live.

A lot of the match finishes were kind of lame. And a lot of matches were far from hard hitting. For example... Rocky vs. TJ. A lot of us PWG & SoCal fans have seen them face each other a great many times, and their matches are always amazing. This had to have been one of their weakest showings together. A lot of the striking manuevers made little or no contact, and when they did you couldn't hear any contact. As a result the crowd wasn't that into it. The same could be said of the striking in most all other matches on the show.

Chris Hero was amazing in his heel role, and Sweeney really needs to be booked in PWG. They were gold together.

The show was also very very short.

All in all I'd say the show was okay at best. A great effort by a lot of the guys but it didn't come off that way. I'd recommend passing on the DVD.
WannaB

Postby LunchBoX » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:01 pm

WannaB wrote:The crowd was about 150-200 people.

The booze was overpriced, and watered down.

Karl Anderson was great. No one knew who he was save for the small group of my friends who were hella marking out for him. He had a pretty solid match, nothing special, but he came across well, and the other fans seemed to like him.

Kozina was also unknown to the audience, and the audience took a liking to him as well.

Tornado was not the evil pimp. But everyone in the audience was psyched to see him live.

A lot of the match finishes were kind of lame. And a lot of matches were far from hard hitting. For example... Rocky vs. TJ. A lot of us PWG & SoCal fans have seen them face each other a great many times, and their matches are always amazing. This had to have been one of their weakest showings together. A lot of the striking manuevers made little or no contact, and when they did you couldn't hear any contact. As a result the crowd wasn't that into it. The same could be said of the striking in most all other matches on the show.

Chris Hero was amazing in his heel role, and Sweeney really needs to be booked in PWG. They were gold together.

The show was also very very short.

All in all I'd say the show was okay at best. A great effort by a lot of the guys but it didn't come off that way. I'd recommend passing on the DVD.
That disappoints me.

Results

~Attendance looks to be 150-200.

1) Chris Hero defeats Human Tornado with a Hero's Welcome and the Hangman's Clutch for the submission.

~After the match Claudio ran out and jumped Hero. Claudio cut a promo, and Roderick is out for their match.

2) Roderick Strong defeats Claudio Castagnoli with a Gibson Driver to retain the FIP World Championship.

3) Adam Pearce defeated Karl Anderson with a piledriver. After the match Delirious ran out and bites Hagadorn's face tearing it open. Another friend at the show told me the crowd was really annoying trying to get themselves over in this one.

4) Brent Albright defeats Delirious with a half nelson suplex in a really solid match.

5) Davey Richards & Rocky Romero defeat TJ Perkins and Tony Kozina via submission when Perkins tapped to Davey.

~The Age Of The Fall are out. They challenge the NRC and they accept!

6) Jimmy Jacobs & Necro Butcher defeat Davey Richards and Rocky Romero in a wild brawl when Davey gets tigerdrivered through two chairs and Jacobs locks on his guillotine choke.

7) Bryan Danielson defeats Austin Aries with a small package to even their best of 3 series up at 1 apiece.

8) Nigel McGuinness defeats Jay Briscoe with the Tower of London on the ring apron to retain the ROH World Championship. After the match all hell breaks loose!

~Bryan Danielson hits the ring and brawls with Nigel. Age of the Fall run in to attack Jay Briscoe. Mark hits the ring to help Jay but is beaten down as well. The No Remorse Corp hits the ring and clears out the Age of the Fall. THEN Aries hits the ring and takes out the NRC. He nails a plancha to the outside on everyone. HUGE BRAWL insuing. Jay Briscoe and Davey Richards also end up flying outside of the ring on everyone. Chris Hero then hits the ring to taunt everyone, and Claudio heads out and floors him with the Riccola Bomb. Claudio addresses the crowd on the mic, and the show ends!
LunchBoX

Return to General Discussion