socal wrestling schools

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

socal wrestling schools

Postby arumdrei » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:02 pm

Are there any other ones besides the EWF School of Hard Knocks? That school sounds legit, but i like to keep my options open. I'm trying to figure out where to move to, the East Coast (Chikara school sounds hard to beat) or back to Cali (Cali dank IS hard to beat), so any info is greatly appreciated.
arumdrei

Postby CheMateo » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:52 pm

Have you checked into UPW? I think the school is still in operation. They have turned out some big names and I think they are WWE development territory again.
CheMateo

Postby arumdrei » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:02 pm

Nah I haven't checked up on them, I'm gonna do that now. Though I'd be much more thrilled to get a job for Big Japan or Apache Pro then the "E".

How much indy work is even available in the west coast right now? I pretty much just got back into American wrestling (the only American wrestling I've watched in the past year pretty much is PWG, Chikara, and the occasional IWA-EC show), and not up on the scene at all. I know there's a lot of stuff goin' on in Philly, but thats about all I know.

Mucho obliged for the quick response, any other info about schools or work is greatly appreciated.
arumdrei

Postby tankillo » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:45 am

i am from bethlehem, pa, currently in tokyo, japan. i plan on going to wrestlefactory to train. i am a huge ROH fan, but the guys coming out of chiakara are trained much better. i don't even know where i would start if i was to train in japan, cuz the number of great wrestlers and promotions is endless.

i wish i could find a school in nyc to train, since i have so many relatives up there that i could live for free, philly is going to eat my bank accounts
tankillo

Postby Evilguest » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:48 am

CheMateo wrote:Have you checked into UPW? I think the school is still in operation. They have turned out some big names and I think they are WWE development territory again.

It is but they pretty much only want big guys 6'2 and buff.
Evilguest

Postby arumdrei » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:26 am

i dont know much about philly price wise, but i know its pretty gang ridden. i was thinking of moving out to horsham or some such town, price is pretty decent (at least compared to so.cal, i don't know about philly, after living in st. louis i'm tired of gang ridden cities), and its only about 40 minutes away from the old ecw arena.

yer in tokyo, you damn lucky bastard. what i'd give to be around that many japanese women.
arumdrei

Postby tankillo » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:30 am

its so fuckin beautiful. i love it
tankillo

Postby WannaB » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:38 am

Evilguest wrote:
CheMateo wrote:Have you checked into UPW? I think the school is still in operation. They have turned out some big names and I think they are WWE development territory again.

It is but they pretty much only want big guys 6'2 and buff.

No, they'll take you no matter what size you are. They just want a lot of your money.

However in pro wrestling you really do get what you pay for. UPW is probably the best for your money in SoCal right now... even if it is a lot.

I'm still hopeful that PWG will move forward with a school of their own.
WannaB

Postby KickToKill » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:24 pm

tankillo wrote:i wish i could find a school in nyc to train, since i have so many relatives up there that i could live for free
Johnny Rodz has a school in Brooklyn, That's where D-Von Dudley, Taz, Tommy Dreamer, Matt Striker, etc trained. The Headhunters spent some time there too. There's also VictoryProWrestling.com out in long island, That's where I go, It's nothing like Johnny Rodz but it's waaaay cheaper
KickToKill

Postby arumdrei » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:06 pm

who is the trainer at victorypro?
arumdrei

Postby tankillo » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:33 am

can you get me more info on that Rodz place? website, etc. I will be living in Brooklyn so that would be perfect.
tankillo

Postby KickToKill » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:35 am

tankillo wrote:can you get me more info on that Rodz place? website, etc. I will be living in Brooklyn so that would be perfect.
He's old school, No phone#, Website, nothing. It's in a legendary Boxing Gym called Gleasons, You'll have to call them and if Rodz is there they'll get him on the phone.
KickToKill

Return to General Discussion