HRW Tonight featuring Marty Jannetty

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

HRW Tonight featuring Marty Jannetty

Postby HRW news » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:23 am

NWA Pro/HRW Highway 2 Hell Featuring Marty Jannetty Aug. 4th PRESS RELEASE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NWA PRO/High Risk Wrestling returns with its biggest event of the year. We present...

Highway 2 Hell 2007 "DEAD END"
Featuring "The Rocker" Marty Jannetty!

Doors open @ 6:30 P.M. (6:00 P.M. for V.I.P ticket holders for special meet and greet)

Bell time is @ 7:00 P.M.

Admission: $8.00 dollars adults, $6.00 dollars children, $15.00 dollars V.I.P tickets

The following matches have been announced...

Singles Match
Marcus Riot vs. Lil Cholo

After putting on a stellar performance in spite of a losing effort last month at "Over the Top," Marcus Riot now faces a huge obstacle ahead of him. That obstacle is a man who is only in his mid-twenties but has been wrestling for about ten years. This particular person happens to be responsible for Marcus Riot becoming a professional wrestler as he trained him a few years back in Anaheim. Lil Cholo has earned a reputation for putting on amazing matches throughout the state of California. In the last year, Marcus Riot has done the exact same as he has dazzled crowds everywhere with his unbelievable athleticism and hard hits. This is the legendary story of older teacher vs. younger student. Will Cholo continue to be the master of lucha libre in Southern California or will Marcus Riot prove that he is the new ruler of this domain?

Loser Leaves Town Match
"The High-Flying Sensation
HRW news

Postby CheMateo » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:01 pm

Anyone that went to the show? Care to share thoughts or opinions? Looked like a fun show, I wish I could've gone.
CheMateo

Postby WannaB » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:40 pm

Well, there was a fire that added about an hour long wait in traffic on the 15 northbound.

The show drew a little over 200, but figuring in comps, I'd say that HRW's report of 200 in attendance is accurate.

The fire delayed a few people from arriving on the time. Once Shane & Dave Marquez showed up the show started.

Markus Riot and Lil' Cholo was the opening match, and they stole the show. I know a lot of people are down on Markus, but he has really improved by leaps and bounds over the past year, and Cholo can always bring out the best in the younger guys. It was a fun match. Cholo called for a top rope "Brainbusta!" but didn't hit it. He did hit a Canadian Destroyer however. Markus took a huge beating, and he sold all of it like a pro. A really exciting match.

The two refs on hand were Knox, and this guy from HRW. The HRW ref really pissed me off. He was constantly trying to get himself over with the crowd. He did it so much that he was even slow to make the count for several pinfalls throughout the night. I heard that he wants to be a wrestler. If that's the case he should realize that when he wears a referee's shirt that he needs to act like one.

Steve Andrews whom some might recognize as the "Casual ref" in promotions like AWS for the fact that he wears jeans and a belt buckle with his referee's shirt had an okay match with Shawn Bateman. Andrews even hit a phoenix splash which I don't think anyone was expecting.

TJ Perkins & Johnny Paradise had the worst street fight in the history of the multi-verse. 'Nough said.

Sky couldn't make the show, so the tag match became a triple threat between Sexxxy Sonny Samson, Scott Lost, and Ronin. There were some problems with the sound system when it came time for Scott & Ronin to come out, so Dino came out to sing some entrance themes for them. He started singing the opening line to "Baby Got Back" for Ronin, before doing a custom rap describing Ronin. For Scott Lost he sang the Remy Zero song "Save Me" which is the theme for Smallville... because if you don't know Scott is a huge Superman fan. The match was okay, but I was expecting more.

The main event was what I expected. Jannetty wrestled for about 2 minutes total and hurt his elbow, but nothing serious. You could see by the expression on his face that he was amazed at some of the things the Bucks would do. The match was okay, but nothing special aside from all the heat on Jannetty. The crowd was really eating it up.

The rest of the matches really weren't all that memorable. Overall the show was okay, and I would recommend HRW if they put on another card like this in the future. But driving out to the high desert can be a huge trek for some, and I would suggest only doing so if the card looked really strong.
WannaB

Postby CheMateo » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:57 pm

WannaB wrote:I know a lot of people are down on Markus, but he has really improved by leaps and bounds over the past year, and Cholo can always bring out the best in the younger guys. It was a fun match.
Do you think Markus deserves a try out with PWG, or does he still have some way to go? I thought Cholo did well at ASW 5. Perhaps once every so often he can come and play.

TJ Perkins & Johnny Paradise had the worst street fight in the history of the multi-verse. 'Nough said.
I wonder if this was worse than the Joey/Scorpio street fight. I'm sorry but I got to get you to elaborate. Did they not even use a weapon?

The main event was what I expected. Jannetty wrestled for about 2 minutes total and hurt his elbow, but nothing serious.
Disappointing. I was hoping he would contribute more to the match.
CheMateo

Postby WannaB » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:07 pm

I think Markus still has some work to do, but I could see him trying out for PWG before the end of the year.

Although I didn't see the Joey/Sky street fight I was told by several people that TJ/Paradise was worse. And the only weapon I saw was a plastic trashcan. The match really couldn't hold my attention.
WannaB

Postby JustJay » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:29 pm

WannaB wrote: TJ Perkins & Johnny Paradise had the worst street fight in the history of the multi-verse. 'Nough said.

Johnny Paradise is arguably the worst wrestler in Southern California, so that's about as surprising as pot smoking at a Dave Matthews concert. I still can't believe AWS jobbed SARA FUCKING DEL REY to that load for the sake of years-old "continuity" not a single person in the audience that night knew about.
JustJay

Postby onlxn » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:19 pm

Random question: is Johnny Paradise any relation to Joey Ryan? I always thought there was an unusual resemblance...
onlxn

Postby El Asian » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:29 pm

onlxn wrote:Random question: is Johnny Paradise any relation to Joey Ryan? I always thought there was an unusual resemblance...

no clue but I heard the same thing about Joey Ryan and Markus Riot
El Asian

Postby WannaB » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:20 am

El Asian wrote:
onlxn wrote:Random question: is Johnny Paradise any relation to Joey Ryan? I always thought there was an unusual resemblance...

no clue but I heard the same thing about Joey Ryan and Markus Riot

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No way Markus & Joey are related. Although Markus was drawing a lot of attention from the jailbait girls at the HRW show during intermission, and we all know about Joey's passion for underage girls.
WannaB

Return to General Discussion