WWE Is Good Now

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

WWE Is Good Now

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun May 06, 2007 11:43 pm

Rather then hijack a PWG thread, I'll start this one.

tnarocks1992 wrote: this sucks tna is doing awful there slowly turning into the wwe

Me: No they're not. WWE is actually good now and fun to watch.

WannaB: Seriously? I'd rather not risk wasting anymore of my time by watching to find out if you're right. I saw the Rumble this year & thought it was utter crap. Horrible matches. The only entertaining part was Umaga being choked out with the rope, and the Taker/HBK showdown in the rumble. Everything else... lame.

Yeah, WWE (not "the E", which is the gayest term ever created by internet fans along with "the product") is fun to watch now. The hardcore internet indy smarks might find it hard to believe, based on stupid popular opinions out there about stupid things, but WWE has turned around and put on many fun shows in the past few months. Smackdown is the best example of WWE's turnaround.

Everyone bashes Cena, saying things like he doesn't know how to wrestle, but he's bee able to perform better in matches than almost every wrestler in the world right now. Whether he's drawing negative heat from smarky fans, or he's getting cheered by women and children, he's the only wrestler out there right now to be able to get real emotions out of people and is able to use that in his matches. The Umaga and HBK matches are great examples of this.

Smackdown is the best pro wrestling show on TV right now. Almost everyone on the shows has a purpose to be on the show. Not everyone is being used to their full potential, but almost everyone on there is doing something right. MVP has stepped up and become a star, London and Kendrick have a real direction on shows, the World Title scene looks important, and you have JBL being able to make things sound important. Every element on the show has improved dramaticly over the past few years, and is worth watching (or in my case) downloading. Hardy/Kennedy from Smackdown last week was really fun and is worth tracking down.

Raw has been putting on lots of great TV matches lately. The HBK/Edge street fight, HBK/Cena II from England, and Edge/Orton from last week's Raw. And even though he's terrible, The Great Khali becoming involved in a feud with John Cena is actually something that could get people to want to watch. You have one guy who has steamrolled over everyone he's faced and has overcome the odds everytime he's faced with a challenge, and now you have him facing a dude who is almost unstopable. It makes for interesting TV.

People are ignorant towards WWE shows right now, and it's a shame because for the first time in years there's stuff worth seeing and that's something you can't say about TNA right now.
SoCalAndy

Postby PWG-Unit! » Mon May 07, 2007 2:12 am

What about ECW? I haven't been able to watch Raw or ECW for a while since I didn't have cable; but I've been keeping up with results and Vince being ECW champ seems like a horrible idea. I have been watching Smackdown and I have to agree that it's improving. Hardy/Kennedy was a great match and although they aren't doing much with him, Kane continues to impress me. I think Kane should get a World title push soon; he and Matt Hardy are two guys who really deserve a chance right now. Taker is injured and Batista just held the title; so why put it on him again?
PWG-Unit!

Postby Danzig22 » Mon May 07, 2007 12:20 pm

Honestly, HBk vs Cena II was my personal match of the year so far. and I thought I was the only person that liked the idea of Khali vs Cena, They teased it when Khali jumped to Raw but i was dissapointed when it didnt actually go down. Also SD! is great now that Deuce and Domino (My favorite prospects out of OVW) have the tag belts.
Danzig22

Re: WWE Is Good Now

Postby CheMateo » Mon May 07, 2007 8:12 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:Raw has been putting on lots of great TV matches lately. The HBK/Edge street fight, HBK/Cena II from England

The Great Khali becoming involved in a feud with John Cena is actually something that could get people to want to watch. You have one guy who has steamrolled over everyone he's faced and has overcome the odds everytime he's faced with a challenge, and now you have him facing a dude who is almost unstopable. It makes for interesting TV.
Granted, I've heard fantastic things about the two HBK matches. But it doesn't seem worth investing the time since the whole Cena thing seems boring and formulaic. He keeps over coming the odds w/ his superman act. How is this going to be any different? Do you think he will finally lose?

PWG-Unit wrote:What about ECW?
From the sound of things its still terrible but I did see one good match. The Originals vs. the new breed post wrestlemania match. It was under "extreme rules". It was alot of fun.
CheMateo

Postby The Six » Tue May 08, 2007 8:21 am

I stopped watching WWE over a year ago and don't miss it at all. It wasn't just lack of good wrestling, the whole McMahon product is such a turn-off.
The Six

cena v pwg

Postby SuperDragonno1fan » Tue May 15, 2007 5:18 pm

if cena came to pwg and had a match with some of the guys in pwg, like super dragon, kevin steen, and others he would have has ass handed to him. :D
SuperDragonno1fan

Postby iamnotdrtran » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:02 pm

So...
Vince is dead
iamnotdrtran

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:04 pm

That entire segment was the greatest thing ever done in wrestling.

DON'T STOP! BELIEVING!
SoCalAndy

Postby Ryan! » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:05 pm

I hope Stephanie was able to parallel park her car.
Ryan!

Postby The_Icon » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:27 am

five it a year and some change...I bet we will see him back on tv...

just a thought on this...

possibly a prank...maybe the cancer he said that was coming is the jackass crew?
stupid idea but it is vincent kennedy mcmahon!
The_Icon

Postby JAG » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:38 pm

so who wants to guess that steve-o blew up his limo or something like that?
JAG

Return to General Discussion