Upcoming Movies

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Postby bford24 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:54 pm

I think 12 Rounds is going to be bad. You are right it is The Marine with a cop. I just knew that they were never going to get Al Pacino to be in the movie.
bford24

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:07 pm

bford24 wrote:I think 12 Rounds is going to be bad. You are right it is The Marine with a cop. I just knew that they were never going to get Al Pacino to be in the movie.
Wait, so WWE films was actually trying to get Pacino to participate in 12 Rounds?
Dr.Gonzo

Postby CheMateo » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:07 pm

WannaB wrote:TOSHIBA is dumping it's HD-DVD format. It appears as though Blu-Ray's victory is now official.
Thank goodness. Will Blu-Ray DVD's still be outrageously priced or will the prices finally go down now that this silly format war is over?
CheMateo

Postby bford24 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:24 am

Dr.Gonzo wrote:
bford24 wrote:I think 12 Rounds is going to be bad. You are right it is The Marine with a cop. I just knew that they were never going to get Al Pacino to be in the movie.
Wait, so WWE films was actually trying to get Pacino to participate in 12 Rounds?

That was the original rumor, that they were holding out for him to play the kidnapper. It was wishful thinking, but that was never going to happen. Actually he is still listed as a rumored cast member on imdb.com but it just might be something they didn't change yet.
bford24

Postby bford24 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:29 am

Actually a new article on cinematical.com says Pacino might still be up for a part in the movie. Can't see him having a big part in the movie, though his appearance would bring some credibility to the film.
bford24

Postby CheMateo » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:52 pm

For your viewing pleasure. I came across two custom trailers for The Dark Knight.

The Dark Knight 1966 style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHufrsP9XMA

The Dark Knight 1989 style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zox_x636TqE

I have to admit to being more partial toward the 1966 version.
CheMateo

Postby El Asian » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:11 am

I don't know about you guys but I personally think the Dragon Ball Z movie looks a contender for the worst movie of the year, almost as bad as Catwoman just from the casting and the story

on the other hand, I'm looking forward to Michael Mann's Public Enemies, only because it stars Johnny Depp and Christian Bale, that's enough to sell me on a movie
El Asian

Postby WannaB » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:40 am

I found a working video of the Batman: Gotham Knight anime collection featurette. It doesn't look like this one will be taken down any time soon.

Here's the link...

http://io9.com/356964/a-video-peek-into-batman-gone-anime

Also, as far as The Watchmen goes, despite it's legal problems the film is nearly wrapped. Again, it will be interesting to see if the film will see the light of day.

And the death of HD-DVD is officially "official". TOSHIBA finally said so publically in a press conference.
WannaB

Postby LunchBoX » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:53 am

Idk if its been talked about, but the new George Clooney movie about Football looks really good, aswell as the new Colin Farrell movie.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=azyQCCGGxMc - Clooney trailer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uUE0x5VCeFg - Farrell
LunchBoX

Postby CheMateo » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:14 pm

El Asian wrote:I don't know about you guys but I personally think the Dragon Ball Z movie looks a contender for the worst movie of the year, almost as bad as Catwoman just from the casting and the story
My expectations are certainly not very high for Dragon Ball. But comparing it to Catwoman. Ouch that's harsh. I guess we will see.

on the other hand, I'm looking forward to Michael Mann's Public Enemies, only because it stars Johnny Depp and Christian Bale, that's enough to sell me on a movie
Well I like most of what Mann has produced and I'm a fan of Bale. I've gotten sick of Johnny Depp but I'm looking forward to Public Enemies. Public Enemies is about the G-Men and their hunt to bring down Pretty Boy Floyd, John Dillinger and Baby Face Nelson. I always enjoy those programs about prohibition and gangsters on the history channel. This should be fun.

I found a working video of the Batman: Gotham Knight anime collection featurette. It doesn't look like this one will be taken down any time soon.

Here's the link...

http://io9.com/356964/a-video-peek-into ... gone-anime

Thanks for the link. Not a big fan of anime but a few of the shots looked cool. I'm looking forward to this again.
CheMateo

Postby WannaB » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:15 pm

I'm not too fond of anime either. Typically I just don't like how sooo much stuff doesn't make sense because the Japanese will put things in there animes just for the sake of having them in there, and there's never any kind of explanation as to why those things are the way they are. Besides that they try to make things way too complex sometimes.

However I'm a big fan of Batman, this project looks pretty good, and I enjoyed the Animatrix, so hopefully this will work out just as well.

On another Batman note, here are some pics (blurry ones) of the Two-Face action figure.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080220c.php
WannaB

Postby CheMateo » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:19 pm

Hey I'm surprised nobody has posted the Iron Man trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgzIM-9lfA I know it was released quite some time ago but I only recently saw it on youtube. I don't know how I managed to avoid seeing it for this long.

I'm excited about Vantage Point. I'm a big fan of Forest Whitaker, Eduardo Noriega and I've enjoyed some of Bill Hurt's work. I mentioned it earlier in the thread and I'm happy that I get the chance to finally see it this Friday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkgSUulBiI8

We haven't talked about the new Wolverine movie. I don't know much about it. It's slated for release on May 1, 2009. It should be covering his Weapon X origins. Sabertooth is one of the main characters as well. But actor Tyler Mane won't be reprising the role. Instead it's rumored that Liev Schreiber will be playing Sabertooth. I've also read that Dead Pool and Gambit may be in the movie. It's rumored that Ryan Reynolds has been cast to play Dead Pool and Tyler Kitsch is supposed to be cast as Gambit. I'd have preferred Josh Holloway as Gambit.
CheMateo

Postby CheMateo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:59 am

According to Variety there is another Street Fighter movie in the works. Filming is supposed to start in March. Cast so far is Kristen Kreuk as Chun Li, Michael Clark Duncan as Balrog, Chris Klein as Nash and Rick Yuen as Gen.

I have no idea who Nash and Gen are. I honestly stopped playing after Super Street Fighter II Turbo. I never got into the later ones with all their flashy combos. That made for some lonely times at the arcade.

The movie is supposed to focus on Chun Li. Details are hard to come by right now. Andrzej Bartkowiak has been tapped to direct. Andrzej has directed Romeo Must Die, Exit Wounds and Doom.

So far M. Bison has not been casted yet. Who can possibly follow Raul's final performance?
CheMateo

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:14 am

CheMateo wrote:According to Variety there is another Street Fighter movie in the works. Filming is supposed to start in March. Cast so far is Kristen Kreuk as Chun Li, Michael Clark Duncan as Balrog, Chris Klein as Nash and Rick Yuen as Gen.

I have no idea who Nash and Gen are. I honestly stopped playing after Super Street Fighter II Turbo. I never got into the later ones with all their flashy combos. That made for some lonely times at the arcade.

The movie is supposed to focus on Chun Li. Details are hard to come by right now. Andrzej Bartkowiak has been tapped to direct. Andrzej has directed Romeo Must Die, Exit Wounds and Doom.

So far M. Bison has not been casted yet. Who can possibly follow Raul's final performance?

Nash, also known as Charlie, is a character in the SF series, most especially Street Fighter Alpha, is best friends with Guile and was killed by M. Bison, which gives Guile motivation against M. Bison

Gen is also a SF, appearing in the very first Street Fighter (not to be confused with the really known Street Fighter 2 series) and mostly the Street Fighter Alpha games, is basically an assassin turned trainer for Chun Li towards the series

honestly, I'm not too big on the upcoming Street Fighter movie because there is no way in hell they are going to convince me that Lana Lang from Smallville to play someone like Chun Li plus what the fuck is the whole point having a Street Fighter movie without Ryu and Ken?

Speaking of movies that are going to suck, if the fact Thomas Jane wasn't reprising as Frank Castle for the next Punisher movie not enough the movie will suck, apparently the writer of the next Punisher movie, who wrote episodes of The Shield, got his name removed because of edits they did from the script

http://www.joblo.com/punisher-2-sucks
El Asian

Postby Slappy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:38 am

Heres Gen's bio

Gen was a master assassin and friend of Chun-Li's father; he briefly trained her in her youth. However, he was forced to kill another assassin in front of the young girl, and blamed himself for what he saw as the violent path her life had taken since then. He swore never to assassinate again, and instead settled down in Hong Kong, opening his Genhanten restaurant and continuing to perfect his fighting skills, using them on Shadaloo punks whenever possible. Gen's Ansatsuken incorporated various Kung fu styles, such as Mantis, Crane, Bear, and Tiger. He has refined his strikes to target an adversary's vital parts to deliver quick, deadly blows. Gen entered the first World Warrior tournament alongside his friend Lee, hoping to find a worthy opponent. Dissatisfied, he returned to Hong Kong. Gen then took on the responsibility of raising Lees nephews, Yang and Yun Lee, and trained them in martial arts.

Sometime during the tournament Gen discovered he had developed leukemia and had to withdraw from the tournament. Not wanting to die on a death bed he started to search for fighters to give him a "deathmatch". The only opponent Gen had ever considered to be truly worthy of one was Akuma. When the two fought, however, Gen withstood Akuma's most brutal technique, the Shun Goku Satsu, by emptying his own heart and mind. He then struck back with his Zan'ei shadow fist attack, but Akuma was also unaffected (When Gen encounters Akuma during Street Fighter Alpha 3, the match begins with a reenactment of this battle). After a grueling match Akuma was in position to deliver a fatal blow but he left after discovering Gen had leukemia. Disappointed that he did not get his deathmatch, Gen went on a search to find Akuma. Once Gen tracked Akuma down they battled once more, the results of which are unclear, but either he died fighting Akuma or died after the fight as he has not been in the continuity since.

So this will be before Street Fighter 2 (video game) should be interesting.
I actually loved the first one, its one of my favourite "bad" films to watch. So I'm hoping with the Alpha storyline its going to be good or terribly bad. Whichever ones alright with me.
Slappy

Postby WannaB » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:52 am

News of the Street Fighter film first leaked about 4 or 5 months ago I think. As mentioned the film will focus on Chun Li, but it's going to be much in the vein of a Hong Kong style action/REVENGE film. That alone sold me on the concept. Chun Li seeking vengeance against Bison, however casting Kristen Kreuk as Chun Li is questionable. She's hot, and a geek's wild wet dream thanks to her role as Lana Lang on Smallville, but I have to question whether or not she will be convincing in her role, even with some of the best fight choreographers in the business training her.
WannaB

Re:

Postby CheMateo » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:15 pm

El Asian wrote:Nash, also known as Charlie, is a character in the SF series, most especially Street Fighter Alpha, is best friends with Guile and was killed by M. Bison, which gives Guile motivation against M. Bison
Oh, okay so Nash is Charlie. I remember him now. I first read about him in the SNES manual then of course saw him in one of the later Street Fighter games.

Let me add the Indiana Jones 4 trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ji62BIgeIA Looks like fun. It has gotten me excited about the franchise again. It makes me want to see the older ones again. Not to mention that I'm now jonesing to play Fate of Atlantis again. I hope I can find it.
CheMateo

Re: Upcoming Movies

Postby CheMateo » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:14 pm

Well, with this talk about Street Fighter I thought I would share this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Z48SMWSHs
CheMateo

Postby GravityMan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:56 pm

I actually have this movie. I laugh at that part every time.
GravityMan

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:54 pm

CheMateo wrote:Well, with this talk about Street Fighter I thought I would share this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Z48SMWSHs

It's a shame that a movie that has one part dedicated to Street Fighter can more authentically represent the franchise than the Van Damme Street Fighter movie did. I really hope the new SF movie is good. I can understand the anger over the movie not focusing on Ryu and Ken. I was a bit disappointed too, as Ryu was my favorite. But I assume Ryu and Ken will be involved in some manner. Regardless it makes sense as Chun Li's story is one that can be fleshed out more. Ryu is just a warrior in search of the next fight. While Chun Li has become an interpol agent who is trying to bring down the evil Shadowloo organization, which is responsible for the death of her father. Sounds good to me. I'm not familiar with Kristen Kreuk. So the tepid reaction she is receiving on the board does have me a bit concerned.
Dr.Gonzo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion