Matches for December 16th

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Matches for December 16th

Postby jboyaquar » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:10 pm

Considering the greatness of the previous two holiday shows, (UnCanny X-Mas & the Steen/SD Guerrilla brutastic) what other matches can/should the booking brains put out there, besides the two goodies already announced.

Please keep in mind that FIP, IWA, AAW, and TNA are running house shows that evening...so most outside talent will not be available.

A couple I'd enjoy seeing live:

Chris Sabin vs. Christopher Daniels: They're already feuding in TNA over the X-division belt...

Bino Gambino vs. Top Gun Talwar: Although I wasn't at the last show, I heard fantastic things about Bino's new heel persona. If India can survive without its favorite adopted sun for a few weeks, he can come home to Mama Talwar's cooking and antic it up against a surging new heel.

Other suggestions... :D
jboyaquar

Postby Htornado » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:44 pm

Once again, Triple Threat Ladder Match for the PWG title between Joey, Tornado, and Steen would be awesome.

I'd also like to see Super Dragon vs. Davey Richards.
I think we're ready to see that match since Dragon lost the tag titles.

this match will probably not happen, but it would be sweet:

Cape Fear vs. The Briscoes vs. Sabin and Shelley
Htornado

Postby jboyaquar » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:15 pm

The previously posted Ladder match is a very fine idea, and provides the most elusive champ to weave another highly improbable bob to victory. To be certain, Joey must be pinned...only by some euphoric miraculous timing would the challenger be allowed to grab Ryan's property by such contemporary philosophy. Joey's an old-school/chickenshit and should be machismo-ly pinned by the superior manhood of the king babyface.

Unfortunately, Davey Richards is booked to be at FIP this weekend. (Ouch, PWG fans, he's not in the final show of the year cause of FreakinIneptProgramming.) So, a simmering feud between a (too many concussions over the past six months, he's gotta heal) SD and "I have other priorities" DR would be best.

Totally up for a re-match with the Briscoes, (cause I missed the first one!! Ouch :( Unfortunately, Shelley's booked down south.

Ole Ole
jboyaquar

Postby TigerDriver98 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:51 pm

Tough card to predict. PWG hasn't even officially announced a date yet, and the mention of Dec. 16th on Disco's page has been removed. Which makes me think we could have another "Self titled" situation on our hands... hopefully a new venue too.

IMO, it would be wise to move the show. If they can move it to the 17th, a lot more talent options will be open to them (and I'd really to see them further the SD-Davey issue here).

So IF they did move it... there's some matches I'd like to see:

1. Ronin Vs. B-Boy

2. Bino Gambino Vs. Excalibur

All Star semi-RANDOM 8-Man elimination match
3. Super Dragon/Rocky Romero/Briscoe Brothers Vs. Davey Richards/Roderick Strong/Matt Sydal/TJ Perkins

4. Joey Ryan Vs. The Human Tornado Vs Kevin Steen - Some stipulation match (No DQ/Ladder whatever...)

Rematch
5. Sabin/Shelley Vs. Cape Fear

And of course:

6. Kings Of Wrestling Vs. Arrogance

Loser Leaves PWG
7. Frankie Kazarian Vs. Scorpio Sky

It'd be fun. I hope we get the real card soon though.
TigerDriver98

Postby Htornado » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:48 am

TigerDriver98 wrote:Tough card to predict. PWG hasn't even officially announced a date yet, and the mention of Dec. 16th on Disco's page has been removed. Which makes me think we could have another "Self titled" situation on our hands... hopefully a new venue too.

IMO, it would be wise to move the show. If they can move it to the 17th, a lot more talent options will be open to them (and I'd really to see them further the SD-Davey issue here).

So IF they did move it... there's some matches I'd like to see:

1. Ronin Vs. B-Boy

2. Bino Gambino Vs. Excalibur

All Star semi-RANDOM 8-Man elimination match
3. Super Dragon/Rocky Romero/Briscoe Brothers Vs. Davey Richards/Roderick Strong/Matt Sydal/TJ Perkins

4. Joey Ryan Vs. The Human Tornado Vs Kevin Steen - Some stipulation match (No DQ/Ladder whatever...)

Rematch
5. Sabin/Shelley Vs. Cape Fear

And of course:

6. Kings Of Wrestling Vs. Arrogance

Loser Leaves PWG
7. Frankie Kazarian Vs. Scorpio Sky

It'd be fun. I hope we get the real card soon though.

Great Card. That'd be an awesome show.
Htornado

Postby Meltman » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:03 am

Here's my ideal card:

Ladder Match
PWG World Championship
Joey Ryan
Meltman

Postby curbstomp » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:33 am

I really can't see the appeal of Tornado in the world title picture. As an opponent for Joey I just can't see a good match resulting from that combination. Sure it would be a fun match, but not the best of quality. And I really can't see Tornado ever winning the belt. I just can't see him as a decent PWG champion. Anyone else feel the same about it?
curbstomp

Postby CheMateo » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:09 pm

curbstomp wrote:I really can't see the appeal of Tornado in the world title picture. As an opponent for Joey I just can't see a good match resulting from that combination. Sure it would be a fun match, but not the best of quality. And I really can't see Tornado ever winning the belt. I just can't see him as a decent PWG champion. Anyone else feel the same about it?

I agree. I can't take him as a serious threat or credible champion. Plus the idea of him battling Joey has gotten stale as they've fought each like six times already, although two of which were in tag related matches.

Then they never explained why Tornado was getting another shot at Joey when I thought it was previously announced he was no longer allowed title shots as long as Joey was World Champion.

Right now, I believe that Tornado is not ready to be the World Champion of PWG. Maybe some time down the road but right now...no. I think it would be a bad move if he was crowned champ. I always thought El Generico should be the next World Champ especially after BOLA. But seeing as he is the current World Tag Champ it doesn't seem likely.
CheMateo

Postby curbstomp » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:12 pm

CheMateo wrote:Right now, I believe that Tornado is not ready to be the World Champion of PWG. Maybe some time down the road but right now...no. I think it would be a bad move if he was crowned champ. I always thought El Generico should be the next World Champ especially after BOLA. But seeing as he is the current World Tag Champ it doesn't seem likely.

Generico really deserves it, but I doubt it will happen while he's the tag champ right now; I agree there. I think there's still room for Steen, Davey, or Dragon to be in the title picture. Sabin possibly, but not while him & Shelly continue to be booked together. I would really like to see Chris Hero pushed however, as he's the only credible candidate on the roster who has yet to face Joey for the title.
curbstomp

Postby Htornado » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:34 pm

Stop raggin on Tornado. HE hasn't won the belt yet and even if he does he might suprise you. He's a big crowd pleaser at the shows. If you were at the last show a lot of people were chanting "Next World Champ" at him. I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't see how a guy like Sabin or Steen would make a better champion than Tornado. Tornado brings more energy out to the ring than both thos guys combined. If Joey does lose the title I think most people want him to lose it to someone who hasn't been champion yet.

Bottom Line: Let's wait to see what they do with the title, but if Tornado wins, just give him a chance. He's one of the big up and coming talents and a title win would do a lot for his career.
Htornado

Postby Dangerous Robot » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:50 pm

Htornado wrote:Stop raggin on Tornado.

Dude couldn't even beat Jack Black!
Dangerous Robot

Postby Chris. » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:52 pm

Nobody can beat Jack Black.

But yeah, Tornado really wouldn't be as bad as champ as people are making him out to be.
Chris.

Postby Htornado » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:15 pm

I'm not saying he'd be the greatest champion in the world, but I do think he'd be pretty good. He'd be way beter than Sabin. And we've already seen a Steen title run. Generico is a tag champion so he's out of the picture. Super Dragon and Davey are feuding so no sense in putting the title on eithe of them. B-BOy already lost his big title match so putting the title on him now ould be supid. And Hero would be alright but I think he's too busy to be a good PWG champ. I think BOSH as champ would be horrible. I like him and all, but we don't need another champion that isn't that great of a worker. Lost would be okay, but it would kind of break up Arrogance which is a team PWG need right now. This pretty much leaves Tornado as the only guy left who is at pretty much every PWG show, that entertains and performs well, who the fans love. So Tornado is the obvious choice to get the title. I say give him a short run wiht the title. Why not? It least it'd be interesting.
Htornado

Postby Meltman » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:20 pm

It's weird that you're so behind a Tornado title win, yet think that Bosh would be horrible and Lost would be average at best. I'm not saying it's ironic, but Tornado's not exactly the best guy on the roster; the trademark Tornado matches I've seen have involved dives and other flashy moves, comebacks, and ... that's about it. His matches tend to get boring after about 10-12 minutes.

Tornado would be a great champion if he had matches averaging around 10 minutes and if they let him on the stick once in a while. He already has a valet, so that's set. But Bosh and Lost, at this point in time, would do better with the belt than him. The only thing they're missing is the right kind of push.

Also, people haven't been including Scorpio Sky in the title picture. He's been getting built up since AXP broke up; he should definitely be considered.
Meltman

Postby Htornado » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:53 pm

Thanks Meltman for rmeinding me of Scorpio Sky. He's the only other wrestler on the PWG roster without a title that I think would make a good champion. HE has enough heat and can put on good matches, so I wouldn't be upset with a Scorpio Sky title run, which would definitel be better than a Bosh or Lost run.

I'm not fully behind Tornado or anything I just think at this point in time he the one wrestler on the roster besides Scorpio who I think could benefit from having the title and would have an interesting run. A Bosh or Lost run would be dumb because it would be pointless. Neither of them are feuding with anybody in particular. And having Bosh turn face would also be pretty random. He's a good heel, and should stay that way and with the Dynasty. Same applies to Lost.

Let's just stop arguing over this and see what happens. Ole!
Htornado

Postby Meltman » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:59 pm

Htornado wrote:A Bosh or Lost run would be dumb because it would be pointless. Neither of them are feuding with anybody in particular. And having Bosh turn face would also be pretty random. He's a good heel, and should stay that way and with the Dynasty. Same applies to Lost.

You're aware that Bosh because a face once he won the 2005 BOLA, right? And he did a damn good job at it. The fans were behind him in every single title match he had, and he had the charisma to keep them all in line.

A Bosh or Lost title run wouldn't be "pointless." Right now, they're not exactly in the picture, but they're not in a slump, either. They're the most established tag team in PWG history, and they're looking to show themselves off against other teams within the company. It would be incredibly easy to make either one into a Main Event star right now. They've both been with the fed since the beginning, and the fans know what to expect out of them. Also, pardon my French, but both of them are better than Tornado when it comes to in-ring ability. Lost may not be on par with El Snowflake when it comes to charisma, but when it comes to planning a match out, he doesn't rely on dives and flash throughout. And this is all coming from a Tornado fan.

I guess I just don't like you "I don't care for this and that" attitude. "Keep them as heels because they're good at it"? That's just bad theorism in general, my friend.
Meltman

Postby Htornado » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:09 pm

I'm not saying keep Arrogance as heels for good. i just said right now i wouldn't turn either face. I like both Lost and Bosh and respect them a helluva a lot. But I do believe Tornado is a better worker than Bosh. I am open to any change PWG wants to make. I was just stating what I thought they should do now.

Anyways let's end this thread on a good note. i'm not here to make enemies. I am just voicing my opinion.

PWG for life.

Ole!
Htornado

Postby Htornado » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:15 pm

I apologize if I seemed one sided. i was just thought it would be interesting to do something a little different. Anyway, can't wait for the next show! Ole!
Htornado

Postby Meltman » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:19 pm

I'm not trying to make enemies, either. I was just expressing my opinion against yours. It's just a friendly discussion, that's all. :wink:
Meltman

Postby Htornado » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:34 pm

ditto javascript:emoticon(':)')
Htornado

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum