PWG Presents "Passive Hostility" on December 2!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby JasonDunn » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:18 pm

curbstomp wrote:But I doubt that Joey's losing the belt to whomever now or later will matter very much in terms of entertainment quality. What does matter is that he lose the belt now for the satisfaction of the fans. 1 year and 20 some shows of teasing us with losses that have never come. Joey's been champ for more than 1/3 of PWG's history. At some point you have to look at a situation like this and wonder if it's bad for business.

Amen to that. Seeing Joey slip past at every turn had been fun, but it's high time he dropped the belt. Personally, I'd love to see the belt on either Steen or Tornado, thought Generico is my ideal choice.

The rest of the card looks badass. What else can I say? More streameriffic fun. Also good, since this is my last PWG show for the year.
JasonDunn

Postby rockpaperscissors » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Ugh - Steen as champion. Maybe the Japan tour helped him, but the last time I saw him wrestle, at BOLA 2, he was WAY over weight and could barely move to keep up with his opponent. He was seriously winded like 3 minutes into the match. The dude needs a cardio/weight loss program BAD. He could be good, but he obviously doesn't care enough about his own health to shape up which would improve his ring work immensely. What's his pre-match workout? Eating a ENTIRE PIZZA. Kev, are you listening?

Of course, the world's fattest man would be better as champ than Joey. I maintain my boycott until he drops the strap.
rockpaperscissors

Postby SoCalAndy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:58 pm

I hope Kevin Steen wins the title Saturday and holds it for a million years.

Also, only fags care about other men's bodies.

Double also, Kevin Steen is awesome even if he is fat. :D
SoCalAndy

Postby curbstomp » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:16 pm

rockpaperscissors wrote:Ugh - Steen as champion. Maybe the Japan tour helped him, but the last time I saw him wrestle, at BOLA 2, he was WAY over weight and could barely move to keep up with his opponent. He was seriously winded like 3 minutes into the match. The dude needs a cardio/weight loss program BAD. He could be good, but he obviously doesn't care enough about his own health to shape up which would improve his ring work immensely. What's his pre-match workout? Eating a ENTIRE PIZZA. Kev, are you listening?

Of course, the world's fattest man would be better as champ than Joey. I maintain my boycott until he drops the strap.

First, when he fought at BOLA his size was used as an angle that week. Remember his match with Cima? Steen's in a lot better shape than people give him credit for, because everyone just looks at his gut. He wouldn't be a wrestler if he didn't do cardio to begin with. There's no way he could have a career. And what about Samoa Joe? He's gotta pretty big beer belly, and I don't see anyone complaining.

Second, I get the feeling that you're either a very very skinny, or a very very fat person.
curbstomp

Postby steven keen » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:46 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:I hope Kevin Steen wins the title Saturday and holds it for a million years.

Also, only fags care about other men's bodies.

Double also, Kevin Steen is awesome even if he is fat.

AWESOME!!!

not many people like what SCA has to say but this, this is amazing.

Kevin "Million Year Champion" Steen!!!!!
steven keen

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:54 pm

Steen as champ would be a good move right now especially with him coming back over after his tour with Dragon Gate. And so what if he's not the most in-shape guy out there. Like Curbstomp said look at Samoa Joe and the matches he's put on in others feds like ROH and TNA.
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby PsychoDriver » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:22 pm

Kevin Steen ain't fat, he's bulked up like a man.
PsychoDriver

Postby The Six » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:25 pm

Yeah, Super Dragon's fat. But he's awesome, and Steen is not.
The Six

Postby gringokilla » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:07 pm

looks like a great card
gringokilla

Postby It's A Bomb » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:14 am

Everytime I see Samoa Joe, he looks like he's going to explode at any moment.
It's A Bomb

Postby KickToKill » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:24 am

does Joey Ryan own PWG? that's the only reason I could think of for him being the champ this long. He sucks! his matches are the ones I watch the least. That swinging neckbreaker off the middle rope!? that is the most lame & unrealistic move in wrestling today, and besides he's got the charisma of an eggshell. :evil:
KickToKill

Postby It's A Bomb » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:35 am

that is the most lame & unrealistic move in wrestling today

I don't know if you've noticed, but almost 75% of the moves done in pro wrestling are a lot more unrealistic it's pretty stupid that you singled out Joey's neckbreaker as the most unrealistic. Have you heard of the Canadian Destroyer?

I wont even bother with the rest of your post.
It's A Bomb

Postby KickToKill » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:37 am

It's A Bomb wrote:
that is the most lame & unrealistic move in wrestling today

I don't know if you've noticed, but almost 75% of the moves done in pro wrestling are a lot more unrealistic it's pretty stupid that you singled out Joey's neckbreaker as the most unrealistic. Have you heard of the Canadian Destroyer?

I wont even bother with the rest of your post.

ok Joey Ryan
KickToKill

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:26 am

Joey is one of the owners of PWG and his reign might be a little overdrawn but you can't argue that he's the most hated man in So Cal right now. How many guys do you know can do a few simple moves and get the kind of heat that Joey gets. And please don't go on about Jarrett in TNA because we all know Joey can wrestle when he wants to.

And how can you say Joey's finisher unrealistic? You do know that wrestling is planned out and most of the moves aren't meant to hurt? Like someone said the Canadian Destroyer is one of the most unrealistic moves ever done but yet fans still pop when Petey hits it.
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby curbstomp » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:28 am

WrestlingFanMatt wrote:Joey is one of the owners of PWG and his reign might be a little overdrawn but you can't argue that he's the most hated man in So Cal right now. How many guys do you know can do a few simple moves and get the kind of heat that Joey gets. And please don't go on about Jarrett in TNA because we all know Joey can wrestle when he wants to.

And how can you say Joey's finisher unrealistic? You do know that wrestling is planned out and most of the moves aren't meant to hurt? Like someone said the Canadian Destroyer is one of the most unrealistic moves ever done but yet fans still pop when Petey hits it.

I think you meant to say the you CAN argue...

Also, I think the issue that Kick has with Joey's finisher is that sometimes it look rather sloppy. I'd agree if that's where he's coming from, but I don't believe in any means that it is the most unrealistic. In point of fact, the most realistic moments come from sloppy moves that result in injuries. They may not look as galmorous or devestating as the "fake" ones, but they are the more realistic.

As for the quality of his matches, I usually look forward to those the least, but he does deliver solid performences for the most part. His matches with Chris Sabin, Threemendous, the fatal four way from earlier in the year (I love this match simply for the inventive use of the chair in the finish). I think it's simply a matter of him being a heel which limits his moveset when compared to a face, his opponents, and his gimmick which all determine if the match is a hit or miss.
curbstomp

Postby ozmania » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:15 pm

When was the last time Joey even hit the move? I don't even think he does it anymore, he just goes for it an it gets countered.

I'd have to say that I'm looking forward to Cape Fear vs. B-Boy/Dragon the most. I can't recall B-Boy and Quicksilver ever wrestling before, unless it was in RevPro a long time ago. Should be awesome!
ozmania

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:40 pm

Joey did a bodyslam at BOLA and got a HOLY S*IT chant from the crowd. Plus, he also used an arm drag on Candace at ASW which shocked her and everyone else :lol:
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby PWG LAX » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:54 pm

This is kinda off the wall from what is being said about the Dec. 2nd show, but I didnt want to put a new post about this..but I was wondering, is there gonna be another Astonishing Xmas show, like say the Dec. 16th show?
PWG LAX

Postby curbstomp » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:24 pm

I was actually wondering that myself a few hours ago. Ya know, like Astonishing or Uncanny X-Mas vol.2, or a subtile.

Hmmm... guess we'll have to wait & see. Personally I'd love it if they kept up the x-men joke with the late december event's title.
curbstomp

Postby PsychoDriver » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:27 pm

KickToKill wrote:ok Joey Ryan

Nah dawg.
PsychoDriver

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum