Yeah, Night 2 was better than Night 1, at least for me. I guess having an afternoon show allowed the smaller crowd to have a little more energy, especially for us who have school and work Friday before the show.
- It was nice to see a Petey match where he hits more than the same four moves. Also glad that Petey got his, and resolved the Tornado "Belt Stealing" conflict, specially since he both matches this weekend to a roll-up.
- Cabana/Daniels was fun, proving that Daniels can, in fact, do some great comedy, even when he's not in Curry mode. I made the stupid mistake of saying before the match "Everybody needs to shut up for this match!", then proceeded to get the look of death from Cabana and Daniels. I just didn't want the same shit that started last night with that Mexican guy. My bad.
- I really liked the Arrogance tag match. Kazarian was MORE than a sutable replacement for Prohibition, and M-Dogg had more of a chance to shine in this match. Good for PWG in resolving this booking problem with a great match.
- Some people didn't like Sky/Homicide. I really did, felt it went pretty smoothly. Yeah, I'm a little upset with no Cop Killa, and Sky being unable to pick up a clean win, but whatever.
- AJ/Romero: Wow, some actual mat wrestling this weekend. THANK YOU GOD. It's obvious that AJ was saving his energy for Genesis, but he still pulled out a few big moves, which was nice. I think it's shitty booking, however, that they wouldn't let AJ lose either of his matches. And the aftermath? All I can say is, we gotta stop pissing off the big TNA guys when they come through. Jesus! (No pun intended)
- After what I heard about Cannon, he was better than expected. And yes, propers to Ronin, for the PATH OF RAGE CONTINUES.
- Generico/Pac reminded me of Generico/CIMA. Started off kinda slow, and you think, "What can they do to make this the match of the weekend?" And then, they do JUST THAT. My favorite spot in this match, personally, was when Pac reversed Generico's Brainbustahhhh into a snap Hurricanrana, in MID-AIR! The finish was a little sloppy, but nonetheless the best match of the weekend, bar-none.
- I was sitting next to the "Little Pussy" Joey ragged on. It's a good thing Joey doesn't "challenge a bitch fan" every show, just at the big shows. Otherwise, it'd get old fast. The match seemed kinda "ho-hum" until all the "mask" drama kicked in. And then, the ending happened... blah. I'm sorry, but does anyone else think Patrick isn't the most masculine referee around?
- The Four-Way was great. And yes, Claudio appreciated the streamers, he told me. Great match, but it was just so damn LONG. There were some slow points mid-match, could've cut that down, made the match a little more enjoyable. But then, what do I know? Still, too many spots to count. A very good end to the weekend.
"Corner Attack 7!" - Chris Hero