My first show

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

My first show

Postby Air Styles » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:50 pm

I'm considering going to All-Star weekend for my birthday. Namely because AJ, Joe, Homicide, Shelley and Hero will be there. My question is, do you get to meet the guys before/after the show? Thanks!
Air Styles

Postby Kamikaze » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:23 pm

I'm sure you will be able to meet some of those guys, but guys like AJ (And I'm not trying to insult him) try to avoid fans more than say, Chris Hero, who is extremely open. You'll be able to meet them anytime, but the best time is when they're walking around the building during intermission or after the show. And you'll definitely be wanting to meet some of the local boys after you see their matches.
Kamikaze

Postby Deviant » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:38 am

PWG is easily the most fan friendly company possible, it's truly unbelievable. When I went to BOLA, I met literally every single person that was there that weekend except for Rocky Romero. My experience at PWG is something I'll never forget, and a large part of that is how accessible EVERYONE was.

I've met everyone you listed except Alex Shelley, and they're all really nice guys who don't mind taking time out for the fans. Combine that with PWG's overall awesomeness, and you get stuff like Hero hanging around ringside chatting with people and Homicide sitting at a bar and open for conversation.

But then again, maybe part of the reason I was able to meet just about everyone had something to do with the fact that I hung around long after the show had finished and no one seemed to notice and/or mind that the Australian guy had refused to leave... But seriously, the guys at BOLA were more than willing to mingle with the crowd and take photographs and that kind of thing. So long as you're respectful, both in approaching the guys and in the event that you don't meet someone, you shouldn't have a problem.

Have a blast dude. With cards like those for ASW4, getting an autograph or two will just be a bonus. Those cards alone are more than worth the trip. The fact that you are only "considering" going is just crazy talk. You'd have to be a complete fool to miss it.
Deviant

Postby ALLEYEZONME » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:48 am

Deviant wrote:PWG is easily the most fan friendly company possible, it's truly unbelievable. When I went to BOLA, I met literally every single person that was there that weekend except for Rocky Romero. My experience at PWG is something I'll never forget, and a large part of that is how accessible EVERYONE was.

I've met everyone you listed except Alex Shelley, and they're all really nice guys who don't mind taking time out for the fans. Combine that with PWG's overall awesomeness, and you get stuff like Hero hanging around ringside chatting with people and Homicide sitting at a bar and open for conversation.

But then again, maybe part of the reason I was able to meet just about everyone had something to do with the fact that I hung around long after the show had finished and no one seemed to notice and/or mind that the Australian guy had refused to leave... But seriously, the guys at BOLA were more than willing to mingle with the crowd and take photographs and that kind of thing. So long as you're respectful, both in approaching the guys and in the event that you don't meet someone, you shouldn't have a problem.

Have a blast dude. With cards like those for ASW4, getting an autograph or two will just be a bonus. Those cards alone are more than worth the trip. The fact that you are only "considering" going is just crazy talk. You'd have to be a complete fool to miss it.

thats cool this will be my first show also! ill try to get a autograph from homicide.....hey deviant have you talked to super dragon at a show before??
ALLEYEZONME

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum