PWG Presents All Star Weekend IV November 17 & 18!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby ALLEYEZONME » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:33 am

I GUESS :lol:
ALLEYEZONME

Postby Sillentassasin » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:57 pm

So i guess this is gonna be Claudio's last appearance @ PWG? :(
Sillentassasin

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:34 am

I don't know. Guys like CM Punk, Frankie Kazarian, James Gibson all stuck around on the Indies for about 2 months after their WWE deals were announced. ROH has him listed for their 12/22 and 12/23 events. So who knows, maybe he will get to work for PWG again in December (Maybe they will try for Kings Of Wrestling Vs. The Briscoes again... or is that match just never meant to happen?)

After their Indy tag title "Triple Crown" reign (and the cool three belt entrance), it'll be sad to see the KOW have go on a title dropping spree over the next few weeks. Come ASW they will probably ONLY have the ROH Tag titles left. Funny what a difference a month can make, isn't it?

Sorry to see Claudio leave. But I'm sure the PWG fans will give him a good send off whenever his last appearance happens to be.
TigerDriver98

Postby Jamboree » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:41 pm

Quick question: How will the "preorderers are admitted first" thing gonna work? I might arrive 40-50 minutes before the show, will there be 2 lines? I remember hearing the same thing with my BoLA tickets and it seemed like they just let everyone in in 1 long line.
Jamboree

Postby ALLEYEZONME » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:18 am

yeah i wanna know about that also^^ im confused about how the preorder thing is gonna work
ALLEYEZONME

Postby JasonDunn » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:12 pm

With any luck, it'll be like BOLA. The big long line is divided into two lines right before they open the doors, so the right line buys the tickets, while the left line goes straight thru. That means that the preorders who were first in line get to go first, allowing the ticket-buyers to go straight in soon as they get their tickets. Seems only fair for us people with no lives, waiting 2 1/2 - 3 hours preshow to get in. So hopefully, that'll be what happens.
JasonDunn

I am so there!!!

Postby Pinky » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:32 pm

JasonDunn wrote:With any luck, it'll be like BOLA. The big long line is divided into two lines right before they open the doors, so the right line buys the tickets, while the left line goes straight thru. That means that the preorders who were first in line get to go first, allowing the ticket-buyers to go straight in soon as they get their tickets. Seems only fair for us people with no lives, waiting 2 1/2 - 3 hours preshow to get in. So hopefully, that'll be what happens.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pinky
Pinky

Postby BMH55 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:25 pm

JasonDunn wrote:With any luck, it'll be like BOLA. The big long line is divided into two lines right before they open the doors, so the right line buys the tickets, while the left line goes straight thru. That means that the preorders who were first in line get to go first, allowing the ticket-buyers to go straight in soon as they get their tickets. Seems only fair for us people with no lives, waiting 2 1/2 - 3 hours preshow to get in. So hopefully, that'll be what happens.

Cool to hear we will be chatting it up in line before the show. ALthough I am pissed I can't make it till 5:30 on Friday.
BMH55

Postby ALLEYEZONME » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:27 pm

yes!! im counting everyday!! i cant wait!! we all need to definetly chat so we can make time pass by quick cuz im gonna be waiting in line hours before the show.....need to get my front seats! :D
ALLEYEZONME

Postby SignalsCorrupted » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:18 pm

I'm going to be there at about 4 pm on Friday with my buddy. I hope to make a friend, since on Saturday, I think I'll have to attend alone :( hahah
SignalsCorrupted

Postby curbstomp » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:41 pm

Am I alone in hoping that Rocky beats the shit out of Styles? I'm talking a caved in face...

I really loved their match at the 1st Anniversary show despite it's short length, and I'm hoping this time around they go the distance.
curbstomp

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:47 pm

I'm hoping for the same thing Curbstomp. I'd love to see Rocky deliver some STIFF kicks to AJ just for saying he likes to mail it in at PWG
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby noah_ther » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:50 am

WrestlingFanMatt wrote:I'm hoping for the same thing Curbstomp. I'd love to see Rocky deliver some STIFF kicks to AJ just for saying he likes to mail it in at PWG

I've heard so many references to Daniels and AJ saying this, does anyone know where they said this? Was it a shoot interview or something on-line? Just curious to hear or read it for myself.
noah_ther

Postby El Asian » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:06 am

I believe it came from an ROH shoot interview with AJ and Daniels, although I only heard it was Daniels that has admitted he was mailing it in
El Asian

Postby TigerDriver98 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:22 am

El Asian wrote:I believe it came from an ROH shoot interview with AJ and Daniels, although I only heard it was Daniels that has admitted he was mailing it in

Yeah it was only Daniels. Basically he said he didn't take his role in PWG very seriously and purposely didn't do as much to try to stand out from everyone else (who all did too much according to him).

AJ Styles though, I think has always given mostly respectable performances in PWG. Except when paired with Daniels oddly enough... HMMMM
TigerDriver98

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:54 am

That was my mistake. Daniels is still a solid worker but I hope having him work with Cide tonight and Cabana tomorrow makes him do more than just go through the motions. As for AJ, he's had some good matches but I feel that he doesn't do anything else in the ring but the same move set.
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby BMH55 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:22 pm

WrestlingFanMatt wrote:AJ, he's had some good matches but I feel that he doesn't do anything else in the ring but the same move set.

As much as I think Davey is a great wrestler, the same can be argued for him.
BMH55

Postby curbstomp » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:27 am

BMH55 wrote:
WrestlingFanMatt wrote:AJ, he's had some good matches but I feel that he doesn't do anything else in the ring but the same move set.

As much as I think Davey is a great wrestler, the same can be argued for him.

AJ Styles...

spiral tap
moonsault-inverted ddt
pele'
styles clash
forearm in the corner/off the apron
drop down leapfrog dropkick (how many times can he do this in a match?)

Davey Richards...

Best Of The West
Super 8
BOLA Champion
& he screwed your mom last night

Davey at least knows how to find innovative ways to segway into his moves. He doesn't always go for the same old repetoire. Styles always takes the same path into his moves. He is talented, yes, but he hasn't done anything new & original, or at the very least a variation on his own stuff in years. He was too innovative early on his career & now he's got nothing. That or he just doesn't feel the need to come up with anything new since he's already over.
curbstomp

Postby VolcanoStyle » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:20 pm

curbstomp wrote:AJ Styles...

spiral tap
moonsault-inverted ddt
pele'
styles clash
forearm in the corner/off the apron
drop down leapfrog dropkick (how many times can he do this in a match?)

Davey Richards...

Best Of The West
Super 8
BOLA Champion
& he screwed your mom last night

Tournaments and maternal fornication counts as a moveset?
VolcanoStyle

Postby curbstomp » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:31 pm

lol Indeed they do. Indeed they do. :wink:
curbstomp

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum