PWG Presents All Star Weekend IV November 17 & 18!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby PWG_Silverback » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:44 pm

By Silverback, PWG Staff Writer

Frink, CA - Thousands of years from now, when historians look back at the great stories of this era it is possible that they will see the plight of Davey Richards in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com) and draw many similarities to the even older story of Odysseus. For those of you that slept through grade seven, Odysseus was a mighty young warrior who left his home to do battle with enemies in a far off land, and while he was away enduring many hardships, his wife was wooed by suitors who had taken up residence in his home. After many years away, Odysseus returns to Ithaca, slays the suitors, and restores order to his house. While Davey Richards was not married to the PWG World Tag Team Championship, in some some states they could be considered common-law man and wife. Odysseus' story is an allegory of the plight of Davey Richards, a story which seems to be approaching its third and possibly final act. Will he destroy the men who have embarrassed him and return the House of Richards to its former glory? People of the future know the answer, but the rest of us suckers living in the past will have to find out at PWG's All Star Weekend IV!

Not only will All Star Weekend IV see Davey Richards teaming up with Roderick Strong to take on PWG World Tag Team Champions Super Dragon & B-Boy, but it will also feature all four members of The Dynasty teaming together in the same match for the first time. In the past five months, PWG World Champion Joey Ryan, "Photogenic" Chris Bosh, "The Professional" Scott Lost, and Scorpio Sky have made an enemy out of just about everyone in PWG. But most recently, Joey Ryan piledrove Quicksilver on a steel chair, used a contractual loophole to keep the PWG World Title from Human Tornado, and enlisted The Dynasty's help to defeat El Generico just days ago at "Horror Business." And don't get me started on the effrontery of Scorpio Sky when it comes to Frankie Kazarian. However, on the first night of All Star Weekend IV, The Dynasty will have to face the four men they've wronged so grievously, the team of El Generico, Human Tornado, Frankie Kazarian, and Quicksilver, with Candice LeRae in their corner! With all four members of The Dynasty in the ring and Jade Chung at ringside, there will be no backup, there will be no surprise attacks! These two teams will have a level playing field and prove once and for all who is the most dominant force in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla today!

All Star Weekend is traditionally a big event for PWG, and ASW IV is no exception! That is why we are happy to offer our fans a chance to pre-purchase their tickets and save a little money in the process. Tickets are $25 per night, but if you purchase tickets for both nights together, it's only $40! All Star Weekend IV will be held at American Legion Post 308 in Reseda, CA, and fans who were in attendance for the 2006 Battle of Los Angeles know how crowded it was. That is why we will be offering ticket pre-orders online at http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com starting this Saturday, October 28 at 10AM, where fans can buy single night tickets, or a two night package. Tickets will also be available at the door on a first come, first served basis. All Star Weekend IV takes place on Friday, November 17 at 8:00PM and Saturday, November 18 at 4:00PM. Please note the earlier than usual start time for Night Two.

With Davey Richards cashing in his 2006 Battle of Los Angeles wildcard and The Dynasty potentially paying the piper in ponderous proportions, an alliteration which here means "being bruised quite violently," what more could the first night offer? I'm glad you asked, because Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend IV - Night One will feature:

PWG World Tag Team Title Match
Super Dragon & B-Boy (c) vs. Davey Richards & Roderick Strong

8-Men Tag Team Battle
The Dynasty (Chris Bosh, Scott Lost, Joey Ryan, & Scorpio Sky {w/ Jade Chung}) vs. El Generico, The Human Tornado, Frankie Kazarian, & Quicksilver (w/ Candice LeRae)

All Star Weekend Return Match
Rocky Romero vs. Samoa Joe

- In an unprecedented move for his administration, PWG Commissioner Dino Winwood extended the olive branch to Samoa Joe and offered him a clean slate if he wanted to return to the PWG ring. The Samoan Submission Machine jumped at the chance, but perhaps a bit too quickly. There's not much that can make the big man flinch, even for a second, but when he found out he was facing his former training partner Rocky Romero, the commissioner swears Joe took a moment to consider the match. While it is more likely that Samoa Joe was smashing coconuts with his head, the fact remains that he has his work cut out for him with the Havana Pitbull Rocky Romero!

"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. "The Man That Gravity Forgot" Pac

- It's hard to say what fans will be looking forward to more, the return of former PWG World Champion AJ Styles, or the debut of the British high flyer who is taking the world by storm, Pac. While some may think "The Man That Gravity Forgot" is just a title, Pac intends to prove to PWG fans that it is a factual statement, not just a clever nickname. Will his aerial assault be enough to defeat the former PWG champion, or will AJ Styles prove that it takes more than gravity looking the other way in order to visit the pay window?

"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels vs. "Notorious 187" Homicide

- Christopher Daniels has been absent from PWG for over seven months now, and in that time he has been engaged in a brutal feud with Homicide, and now their battle comes to PWG! Since he's been gone, Daniels has been forced to adapt his style of wrestling to match Homicide's intensity and unpredictability. But has he strayed far enough from his traditional wrestling roots to defeat the brawler from BedStuy? Or will The Fallen Angel be just another victim as Homicide continues to brutalize all opponents since making his return to PWG?

ZERO1-MAX International Lightweight Tag Champions In Action!
Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley vs. MDogg20 & Josh Prohibition

"Classic" Colt Cabana vs. "Canadian Destroyer" Petey Williams

"The Anarchist" Arik Cannon vs. Ronin

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend IV - Night One takes place at American Legion Post #308 on Friday, November 17, 2006 at 8:00PM. The American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Tickets are $25 each, or $40 for both nights, and will be available for pre-order online at http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com.

=======================================================

With a blockbuster lineup like that in store for Night One, what could possibly be in store for Night Two? We're glad you asked.

All Star Weekend IV - Night Two takes place on Saturday, November 18 at 4:00PM at American Legion Post 308 in Reseda, CA, and will feature:

4-Way PWG World Tag Team Title Match
Super Dragon & B-Boy vs. Davey Richards & Roderick Strong vs. The Kings of Wrestling (Claudio Castagnoli & Chris Hero) vs. Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley

- No matter who walks away from Night One with the PWG World Tag Team Titles, they will have to put the belts on the line less than 24 hours later! As if that weren't bad enough, add in a team getting a rematch, a pair of international tag team champions and a pair of the triple crown tag team champions and you have the most monumental PWG World Tag Team Title defense in company history!

PWG World Championship Match
Joey Ryan (c) vs. Quicksilver

- When Joey Ryan attacked Quicksilver and put him out of action for 6 weeks, he may have forgotten just who exactly Quicksilver was friends with. Kneeling beside Quicksilver's hospital bed, Commissioner Dino Winwood swore he would have revenge for his fallen comrade, but just as Dino was storming out of the ICU for his date with destiny, Quicksilver awoke (from what Dino thought was a coma, but in reality was a mid afternoon nap) and talked some sense into the vengeful Commish. While the scene at All Star Weekend IV - Night Two may lack the narrative conventions of a motion picture, there will be drama, and there will be intrigue, and who knows; a victory for Quicksilver may spark a celebration that would make Thornton Melon jealous!

Rocky Romero vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles

- When these two met for the first time at PWG's One Year Anniversary show, "Reason For The Season," the set the bar even higher for the level of competition in PWG. Now both men have had two years to hone their craft and think about what they did right (in AJ Styles' case) and wrong (in Rocky Romero's case) and will now meet on the second night of All Star Weekend IV in what may end up being one of the most highly anticipated rematches in PWG history!

El Generico vs. "The Man That Gravity Forgot" Pac

Arrogance (Chris Bosh & Scott Lost) vs. MDogg20 & Josh Prohibition

Homicide vs. Scorpio Sky (w/ Jade Chung)

- When B-Boy asked him to watch his back at the 2006 Battle of Los Angeles, Homicide was a bit unsure of what to expect. But after The Dynasty denied Homicide a chance at reclaiming the PWG World Tag Team Titles, it became personal. Now Homicide embarks on a crusade of his own to dismantle The Dynasty, and unfortunately for Scorpio Sky, he's the first Dynasty member in the Notorious 187's sights.

"Classic" Colt Cabana vs. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels

Human Tornado (w/ Candice LeRae) vs. "Canadian Destroyer" Petey Williams

Jimmy Jacobs vs. Ronin

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend IV - Night One takes place at American Legion Post #308 on Saturday, November 18, 2006 at 4:00PM. The American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Tickets are $25 each, or $40 for both nights, and will be available for pre-order online at http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com.

--------------------------

Fans who pre-ordered their copies of the 2006 Battle of Los Angeles DVDs and chose the pick up option will be able to pick up the shows at either night of All Star Weekend IV. If you pre-ordered the DVDs for delivery either in person or online, you should receive your copies in about two weeks. You can still order your copy online at http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com.

10/29/06

Fans may have noticed that the start time listed for PWG'S All Star Weekend IV - Night Two on Saturday, November 18 is 4:00PM. That is the correct start time, and not a typo. We were forced to move the start time of the show ahead one hour to insure that some of our wrestlers can make their 7AM call time in Orlando. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

To recap, the start time for Saturday, November 18's event is at 4:00PM.

Also, for those of you thinking about pre-ordering your ASW IV tickets, here's another incentive: Fans with pre-orders will be admitted to the building first, and therefore able to pick the best seats. Our seating is general admission, and there's not a bad spot in the house, but if you want to be up front and close to the action, pre-order your tickets now!
Last edited by PWG_Silverback on Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby onlxn » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:03 pm

:o

Joe, Styles and Daniels are ALL back? Goddamn. Crazy-looking shows.
onlxn

Postby BMH55 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:12 pm

I think it goes without question that this really is one of the best cards PWG has put out in a long time. Since I have never seen Joe, Styles, and Daniels wrestle live before, this looks to me even better then BOLA.

And thank god its in Reseda so I can go to both nights.
BMH55

Postby jetsrock2k5 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:20 pm

Damn, those cards are awesome! I hope PWG offers a presale for both nights DVDs as I definitely want to score both shows. I don't mind Petey because I think the guys he is matched up with (Tornado and Cabana) will use their personalities to pull him through.
jetsrock2k5

Postby urmomsurdad » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:24 pm

damn reseda is far for my ass but what a hot line up. hopefully everybody scheduled shows up.
urmomsurdad

Postby Lee » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:27 pm

Daniels versus Homicide sounds sick. Who is Pac?, please forgive me, I know not what I do! But really, I need "deets".
Lee

Postby onlxn » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:33 pm

Still trying to wrap my head around these lineups. Some really surprising stuff.

- The biggest news is obviously the return of Joe, Styles and Daniels. None are super-popular on this board, but I'd imagine TNA's gradually increasing visibility makes them better draws than others. I feel like AJ and Daniels sorta had their runs here, but I'm really fucking happy that Joe's back. He didn't handle the Europe thing well at all, but he's one of the five or ten best wrestlers in the world right now. Having a guy like that on your show is a good thing.

- Night One looks pretty awesome. The tag title match is a killer main event waiting to happen, Dynasty tags are usually a lot of fun, Joe and Rocky should be able to put something good together, AJ/Pac should be good fun live and Sabin & Shelley/BRB is a nifty undercard match. Daniels/Homicide could actually be really good if they bring over the heat from their TNA feud -- no idea if they will, though, and I could see that match disappointing. I wish Cabana was working someone other than Petey, but in-ring comedy is actually Petey's greatest strength, so it's an understandable use for him. Cool to see Cannon getting a shot.

- As good as Night One looks, I think Night Two looks substantially better. The four-way should be a real spectacle, and nobody's better at gluing together multi-team tags than the Kings of Wrestling. Joey/Quick was very good the first time it happened back in '04, and both guys have improved a ton since then. Rocky/AJ certainly worked the first time, and while I haven't seen Pac, everybody seems to be saying that Generico brings out the best in him, so smart booking there. Arrogance/BRB and Homicide/Scorpio are just killer undercard matches, and Cabana/Daniels is actually a really smart matchup, given that Daniels mainly works comedy in PWG rings. Tornado/Petey... well, at least it has Tornado in it. Jimmy vs. Ronin sounds very promising stylistically. Helluva lineup.

- Boy, Ronin's getting himself quite a push.

- Notable omissions: TJ, Excalibur, Disco, Nemesis and the Briscoes (though I could see them crashing the party, like at BOLA). Still no Steen or Topgun, due to their respective travels, I guess. And I'd imagine that Danielson may be resting his shoulder between ROH shows.

- Really strong cards. Part of me wishes they felt a little more PWG-y -- there's definitely a bit of a "random indy dream match" vibe, with so many guys returning at once and so few matches having story behind them -- but you really can't complain about lineups like these. Gonna be a hell of a weekend.
onlxn

Postby The Six » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:44 pm

And thank god its in Reseda so I can go to both nights.
The Six

Postby bford24 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:03 pm

WOW!!!! This is a really strong card. I am glad tickets are going on sale early. I assume they will be mailed pretty quickly. I just wish it was Sat and Sunday instead but I guess just going to night 2 will be good enough for this ASW.
bford24

Postby Peace » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:14 pm

Cons:

-Petey Williams.

-American Legion Hall.

-Quicksilver getting a title show before Tornado gets his rematch.

Pros:

-SAMOA FUCKING JOE! NEVER, EVER!!! EVERR!!! PISS THIS MAN OFF AGAIN!

-Styles/Romero II! Fuck. Yeah!

-Homicide! Homicide! FUCKING 187 HOMICIDE! BBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLAAAAATTT!!!

-The rest of the card.

I am not missing either night for the world!
Peace

Postby cspariah » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:21 pm

Aaaaargh. Taking the redeye to the east coast Friday night. Gonna miss both shows. SAMOA JOE!
cspariah

Postby CheMateo » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:29 pm

Sounds like a fun couple nights of action. For me jury is still out on Joe. I'm just afraid Daniels is going to sleep through both nights. Other than that should be good. Glad to see Homicide back here so quickly.

Really want to see Generico take on Pac and of course the Tag Title matches on night one and two should just destroy the lodge!
CheMateo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:09 am

Who is Pac?, please forgive me, I know not what I do! But really, I need "deets".

Our UK fans can explain better, but he's like an English Jack Evans.
Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uITviKEp9Gs

- He's faced both AJ and Generico in the UK before. I've heard great things about the Generico matches. I'll say Pac-Generico will be the show stealer for Night 2.

Card thoughts:

- Cannon and Jacobs in PWG? Honestly, never thought I'd see it. I guess they are in town for the MTV thing. Cannon can match strikes with Ronin well. And the Ronin-Jacobs match is very intriguing. Looking forward to seeing RONIN's path of rage continue here.

- I knew we'd see Samoa Joe back sooner or later. The Euro-vacation incident really sucked for several reasons. But he's an amazing talent, and way too big of a name (who's also local) for PWG to keep passing up. I enjoyed the match he had with Rocky in ROH, I'm sure they will top it here.

- Petey? I don't really "hate" Petey, I'm just not a huge fan (rather have seen Aries, Necro, Danielson, Sydal etc) and his BOLA outings left a bad taste in our mouths. But It's a smart move putting him with the likes of Cabana and Tornado here. Who both will get enjoyable matches out of him.

- Daniels? Well not jumping for joy over that one. But he can be very good when he actually tries. Hopefully he feels up to the task here. I've seen Homicide-Daniels few times, it's always been very hit and miss. Hopefully it won't disappoint here. The Cabana match should be really fun though (hope he pulls out Curry Man here)

- Awesome to see Shelley/Sabin teaming in PWG again, match with Josh/M-Dogg should be good, and the tag 4-way looks amazing. I was hoping they'd have some kind of interaction with the KOW on these shows.

- AJ Vs. Rocky was outstanding back in 2004, I think they will top themselves in this one.

- Homicide Vs. Sky is one of the most interesting sounding matches of weekend. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

- Tag title matches can easily steal the entire weekend. Have to imagine that the epic Super Dragon-Davey showdown will be something to see. Plus RODERICK STRONG! Who always shines in PWG.

- 8-man sounds really fun too. Wish it was Survivor Series style though.

Overall, two excellent cards. Very reminiscent of the first All Star Weekend.

Online ticket sales are needed here too, as I have to say this will top any of the BOLA nights in terms of attendance. Just because of the big name casual fan draws on the card. I guess being crammed in that uncomfortable Legion Hall will be well worth it to see two of the biggest shows of the year.
TigerDriver98

Postby Nick "MD" Bes » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:09 am

Pac faced A J Styles at the 1PW First Anniversary show back on the 14th of October. It was an excellent match. Below is a different highlight video of Pac and highlights of A J vs Pac from 1PW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwstzMp80pw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5cpEaOZX5o
Nick "MD" Bes

Postby The Kid from Camp Cabana » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:19 am

8) Both shows look spectacular.

I love the tag title match on night one. I don't think intensity will be an issue in that contest. Joe vs Romero will rock. The strikes in that one will be off the charts. And any card with Alex Shelley on it, is a good card for me.

Night two looks tremendous. The four-way for the tag belts has MOTY written all over it. And the Romero/Styles rematch should rival their initial encounter.

It's too bad I live in Pa., because this would be great to see live.
The Kid from Camp Cabana

Postby Slappy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:28 am

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH

8)
Slappy

Postby VolcanoStyle » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:34 am

Pac vs. Generico? Oh man, I'm sold already. Aaron's gonna the over the moon when he reads this too, probably. Perhaps borderline orgasm if Ashley Reed suddenly appeared on the card.
VolcanoStyle

Postby Nick "MD" Bes » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:49 am

I'm not sure if Aaron knows. Ashley Reed is injured and will be out for about three months. Did his ankle in I think. Shame really cos he's a good wrestler.
Nick "MD" Bes

Postby noah_ther » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:11 am

I dunno, maybe I'm the only one who is marking out for Christopher Daniel's return, but he's still one of my all-time favorite wrestlers. Joe coming back is HUGE, I wonder how many people are going to hound him about Kurt Angle. Homicide getting a singles match is also a plus and hopefully this will spark Sky into having a great match since his chemistry with Frankie (to me at least) seemed a little off in their matches. This is the kinda card that is definately going to sell some DVD's that's for sure. The big let down is it being in Reseda, it's gonna be a B*tch to get there by 8 pm on a Friday. Oh well, guess I'll have to skip out the last hour of work now. :wink: I'm just a little disappointed Yosshino and H-A-G-E aren't going to be there as they were promised for the WSX taping and I thought they'd be an outside chance they'd stick around.
noah_ther

Postby mulkeybros » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:20 am

Sorry if this question is too newbie, but I was wondering what the "incident" was with Joe and the European trip. I am aware that he was scheduled for them and didn't make them, is/was there bad blood between Joe and PWG? It's good to see that they are at least doing business again.

Man, these cards look great, I will definitely be ordering them sometime in the future!
mulkeybros

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum