Self-Titled results

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Self-Titled results

Postby cspariah » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:46 pm

Figure I might as well post 'em since I'm home and all. Not much commentary because I am tired and will probably make mistakes.

MUCH smaller crowd than BOLA, not surprising.

Quicksilver was announced as the interim commissioner since Dino couldn't make it tonight.

Ronin def. Chasyn Rance

TJ Perkins def. Rocky Romero

Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley def. Cape Feare

Scorpio Sky & Jade Chung def. Frankie Kazarian. The move that caused blood was a DDT from Sky onto a chair.

-intermission-

Human Tornado def. Joey Ryan in a non-title match
(Tornado came out as El Snowflake, but before the match Joey attacked him with a chair and then gave Candace LaRae a piledriver on the chair. Snowflake went with Candace to the back. Joey taunted the crowd and demanded a challenger. Quicksilver came out, Joey attacked him and gave him a piledriver. El Generico ran out, Joey bailed, Generico went to the back with Quick. Joey taunted the crowd some more. Oh, and remember the "Go, El Generico!" little girl from BOLA night 3? Joey scared the hell out of her, made her cry, totally crossed the line there IMHO. Anyways Tornado came out -- as Tornado, to the Tornado music -- and eventually beat Joey clean. But Joey argued that his title match was against El Snowflake -- since Human Tornado was announced as the winner, it must've been a non-title match.)

Super Dragon & B-Boy def. Arrogance to win the PWG Tag Team Championship.
(Yes, really!)
cspariah

Tornado

Postby Htornado » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:52 pm

Man I was there too. Tornado totally got screwed. Everyone was jumping up and down when he won. Know one gave a crap when Super Dragon and B-Boy won, including me. Arrogance was a much better tag team, and shouldn't have lost the titles. It as a fun, weirdly booked night. Hopefully we'll get some answers at the next show.
Htornado

Re: Self-Titled results

Postby Dangerous Robot » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:56 pm

cspariah wrote:remember the "Go, El Generico!" little girl from BOLA night 3? Joey scared the hell out of her, made her cry, totally crossed the line there IMHO.

Scared her to tears? How/Why did he do that...I thought Joey liked little girls.
Dangerous Robot

Postby Chris. » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:02 am

Sounds like a pretty good show. I'm happy to see B-Boy and Super Dragon win the tag titles personally, and to see Joey retain.
Chris.

Postby PsychoDriver » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:55 am

Joey scared the hell out of her, made her cry, totally crossed the line there IMHO.

Did he hit her? No. So how the fuck is that crossing the line? Joey did an excellent job as a heel.
PsychoDriver

Postby Deviant » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:10 am

Not the little El Generico girl! I hope Generico challenges Joey soon, and has the little girl as his valet for the night. He can give her a mini-cape and everything. Come on, that girl is adorable. She turned CIMA heel, for fuck's sake! With the power of that little girl in his corner, Generico would be unstoppable.

But seriously, what'd Joey say? Sounds awesome.

Quicksilver as the commissioner would be awesome, especially if he, at any point at all, got cocky about how much power he had and did those old school gentle boxing punches to the turnbuckle. Whenever he does that is still some of the finest entertainment on the planet. I suck at describing it. Go watch Super Dragon vs. Quicksilver from Zombies Shouldn't Run. Quicksilver acting confident is the greatest thing ever.

I hope we can get some detailed results, as the majority of this card has huge potential. I'll be buying it either way, but surely someone who isn't tired went to the show and visits the board...
Deviant

Re: Self-Titled results

Postby The Six » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:03 am

cspariah wrote:Joey scared the hell out of her, made her cry, totally crossed the line there IMHO.

Uh, she said he sucks, so he was obviously provoked. It was great.

And poor Quicksilver became the commisioner, and did nothing but get his ass kicked.
The Six

Postby Baaggh?! » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:55 am

I happen to be the mother of that "Adorable" little girl that Joey decided to yell at last night.

Yeah it was all fun and games, 'til the ass jumped out of the ring and got in a FIVE YEAR OLD LITTLE GIRLs face.

I admit, he did a great job as a heel...but getting in a kids face WAS crossing the line. He should have kept his ass in the ring at least.

Overall, it was great night though.

Looking forward to the 21st

oh and the comment about Joey liking little girls...Priceless.
:P
Baaggh?!

Postby The Six » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:05 am

Years from now your kid will tell her kids how lucky she was to be immortalized in wrestling history.
The Six

Postby Baaggh?! » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:21 am

I agree...but last night she was a scared little girl with an ugly hairy man in her face

haha
Baaggh?!

Postby evilpaz » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:29 am

Baaggh?! wrote:I agree...but last night she was a scared little girl with an ugly hairy man in her face

haha

At least you were a good sport and realized it was all fun and games. Hopefully things turned for the better after it was all said and done.

ANYWAYS, WHAT ABOUT THAT GUY THAT GOT CLIPPED BY THE CHAIR FRANKIE THREW!? AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SAW THAT!?@?!?
evilpaz

Postby Baaggh?! » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:42 am

I SAW IT!

ha

poor guy

sitting in the front row...you have to figure SOMETHING might happen to you.

I fully expected Joey to get in our faces last night...just not the kids

LOL

This morning she's all big and brave, talking about how she should have kicked Joey in his face.

She still had a great time...I personally wished she would have jumped right back in HIS face and told him again that JOEY SUCKS!

ha!

anyway...dude that got the chair to the face...probably has a gnarley headache.

LOL

:wink:
Baaggh?!

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:54 am

Ma'am, your daughter rocks! 8)
Lord Akiyama

Postby Baaggh?! » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:00 am

I like to think so, thanks

:D
Baaggh?!

Postby cspariah » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:24 am

Yeah it wasn't just that he said anything to her, when he was jawing at her while inside the ring, that was funny. It was when he came out of the ring and freaking charged her that I thought it was a bit much.
cspariah

Postby RM Punk » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:05 pm

Joey Ryan... Master of Mindtaking.
RM Punk

Postby PsychoDriver » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:35 pm

cspariah wrote:It was when he came out of the ring and freaking charged her that I thought it was a bit much.

You're crying on the board more than the little girl was crying at the show last night. HI-larious.

Also, the dudes who kept going "Joey Cena" were gay.
PsychoDriver

Postby BMH55 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:57 pm

PsychoDriver wrote:
cspariah wrote:It was when he came out of the ring and freaking charged her that I thought it was a bit much.

Also, the dudes who kept going "Joey Cena" were gay.

Why is that?

Oh yes, I forgot people aren't allowed to chant what they like.
BMH55

Postby The Six » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:27 pm

If it's a stupid chant that's just annoying, then you shouldn't be.
The Six

Postby RM Punk » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:40 pm

Using "gay" as an insult = 5 years ago. You lose.
RM Punk

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum