2006 Battle of Los Angeles & DVD Update (8/30)

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

2006 Battle of Los Angeles & DVD Update (8/30)

Postby PWG_Silverback » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:01 pm

---------------------------------------
8/30 Update

With word of "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson's injury reaching the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla offices a little over 24 hours ago, Commissioner Dino Winwood wasted no time getting on the phone trying to find a replacement. Luckily, one call is all it took, because the first person Commissioner Winwood called was Rocky Romero, who after last year's unsuccesful tournament entry, was looking for another opportunity to be crowned Battle of Los Angeles champion. However, due to the last minute nature of the booking and prior commitments, Rocky Romero will not be available on September 2, the second night of the tournament, when Bryan Danielson was originally scheduled to appear. Because of this unexpected complication, some of the tournament lineups had to be changed, and we hope you, the fans, will find the changes to be for the best. The changes are:

Taking Bryan Danielson's place on Night 2 against Austin Aries will be Disco Machine.
Taking Disco Machine's place on Night 1 against "Classic" Colt Cabana will be Chris Sabin.
Taking Chris Sabin's place on Night 1 against Roderick Strong will be Rocky Romero.

Again, we hope fans are happy with the changes, and we appreciate your understanding.

We would also like to inform fans that we will be offering pre-orders of the 2006 Battle of Los Angeles DVD Release. Each night will be available individually for $15 each, however, as a special offer for fans in attendance this weekend, if you pre-order all three nights of the tournament, it will only be $30, a $15 savings! Fans who would like their copies shipped will be charged an additional $5 per order to cover shipping & handling. If you live in the Los Angeles area, you will have the option of picking up your copies at the next show the DVDs are available at. We expect the 2006 Battle of Los Angeles DVDs to be available in early October.

In the world of professional wrestling, there are certain things that are inevitable, and one of those things is that wrestlers will be injured. Unfortunately, this past weekend "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson injured his shoulder in a match with "Classic" Colt Cabana, and after a visit to the emergency room and an MRI, was diagnosed with a shoulder separation. Therefore, he will be unable to compete in the 2006 Battle of Los Angeles, and we here at PWG wish Mr. Danielson a speedy recovery. An announcement about his replacement will be made shortly.

We understand that some fans are still having issues with their tickets. We apologize for the inconvenience, but due to time constraints, if you have not received your tickets yet, or you have an order problem, it will have to be taken care of on the day of the show. We know that many fans are traveling to Los Angeles, and may have to leave home a few days prior to the event, so we will be unable to fulfill any more ticket orders by mail. If your order has not been fulfilled, or there is a problem with it, please bring your PayPal Order# along with identification to the show with you, and starting at 4PM you will be able to pick up your tickets. If you have had a problem with your ticket order, please email prowrestlingguerrilla@hotmail.com with your information and the nature of your problem. We know some fans have emailed PWG at the address given by the PayPal orders, but due to technical issues, we were unable receive them. Again, we apologize for any problems that this may cause.

If you have not purchased your tickets yet, seats are still available for all three night, but in extremely limited quantities. If you'd like to be a part of PWG's biggest event ever, arrive early, because seats are sure to go fast!

And finally, good news for fans wanting to catch up on the PWG DVD collection; To help celebrate the 2006 Battle of Los Angeles, we will be having a DVD sale at the show, where you can purchase any four in stock PWG DVDs for only $40!
Last edited by PWG_Silverback on Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby Slappy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:19 pm

Shame about Dragon but knowing PWG they have someone almost as good as "The best in the world" to replace him.
Slappy

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:25 pm

Dissapointing about American Dragon, but well these things happen sometimes. Hope he gets better soon....

I wonder who will replace him. Hmmm.... the suspense builds...

Also thanks a ton for extending the DVD sale to the live show. Now I can easily catch up on my dvds and still have enough to buy some of the other neat that will be available at the shows.
TigerDriver98

Postby steven keen » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:58 pm

YES!!! that helps me threemendously HAHA. i am behind 8 dvds and now i can get them all for just $80!!! PWG i love thee!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
steven keen

PWG listens to the fans!

Postby sockfoley » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:38 pm

This is why I love PWG.. they listen to their fans.. to bad about amdrag.. but the 4 for $40 sale that i suggest rocks the body the rocks the party! BOLA here i come.. (leaving tomorrow for two nights in vegas, hopefully i wont be too trashed by friday)
sockfoley

Postby Kamikaze » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:06 pm

Wow. Talk about luck. I only need 3 more DVD's to have every PWG show. Can we get like, 3 PWG DVDs and a CZW DVD or something?
Kamikaze

Postby The Serial Thriller » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:13 pm

That's great that they will be having the DVD sale there, they really do listen to us.

Too bad about AmDrag, I was really looking forward to Danielson/Aries. The rest of the card looks great though, and I don't think PWG will disappoint with the replacement.
The Serial Thriller

Postby Killride » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:57 pm

That really is too bad about AmDrag...he was the guy I was looking forward to the most.

Now, who's to replace him? Joe? Daniels? Cide? Styles?

I hope its a suitable replacement, but given the hype for the tourney I dont think PWG will be disappointing.
Killride

Postby El Asian » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:41 pm

God I hope the replacement is Kurt Angle, realistcally I know that will never happen but I can dream damn it
El Asian

Postby jayk359 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:51 pm

GILLBERG i would "mark" out for him
jayk359

Postby Deviant » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:18 pm

The main disappointment for me here is that now I won't be able to shake Danielson's hand and get a photo with him. As far as withdrawing from the tournament goes, it happens, and it can't be helped. Besides, I'm so psyched for the shows that I'm sure there will be a good replacement. Plus this means Aries vs. Richards is a lot more likely, and that's just awesome.

The DVD sale is tremendous. I'll definately be picking up at least four. The "in stock" comment is sad, though. That means that the 7 DVDs that are listed as pre-orders on the site aren't going to be on the merch tables. Now that's a pity, because I was going to buy 5 of them... I'm sure I'll find others to pick up, though. Can't go past PWG DVDs for $10 a pop.
Deviant

Postby WannaB » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:54 pm

Deviant wrote:The DVD sale is tremendous. I'll definately be picking up at least four. The "in stock" comment is sad, though. That means that the 7 DVDs that are listed as pre-orders on the site aren't going to be on the merch tables. Now that's a pity, because I was going to buy 5 of them... I'm sure I'll find others to pick up, though. Can't go past PWG DVDs for $10 a pop.

Dude, the one's currently listed as pre-order will be available at the show (with the exception of Threemendous).

--------------------------------------
08/24 Update

Unfortunately, the DVD of PWG 3-Year anniversary show, "Threemendous," does not look like it will be ready in time for the 2006 Battle of Los Angeles. However, the other six DVDs will be available for purchase at the 2006 Battle of Los Angeles, along with the commemorative 2006 Battle of Los Angeles T-Shirt ($18.)

WannaB

Re: 2006 Battle of Los Angeles & DVD Update (8/29)

Postby Sark » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:21 am

PWG_Silverback wrote:An announcement about his replacement will be made shortly.

Let it be Shingo Takagi, pretty please :roll:
Sark

Postby SoCalAndy » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:38 am

I hope Danielson's replacement is either Ricky Reyes or Rocky Romero.
SoCalAndy

Postby Wreckless » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:22 am

just for the hell of it i'm gunna hope the replacement is mistico might as well aim high :D though i wouldnt mind seeing boyer in a pwg ring
Wreckless

Postby Hulkushi » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:57 am

yeah seriously hoping for Mistico

or MAgnum Tokyo

that way we can have a weird dance laser performance

and we can get some entrances on a PWG DVD :D
Hulkushi

sweet

Postby freehat bonch » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:21 pm

i think it sucks that american dragon is hurt but i couldnt be happier that hes not wrestling at bola. his match is usually my bathroom break at these shows, and they're usually long enough for two or three trips to the bathroom. I was there for the 25 minute "headlock match", you could tell who i was because i was chanting for ronin the whole time.

ps. his replacement should be buff bagwell so there would be a chance for the much antisipated "buff vs. aries" match.
freehat bonch

Postby npdavis » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:23 pm

Can we get some of the Battle of Los Angeles shirts up on the merch page?
npdavis

Postby Slappy » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:28 pm

Aries vs Machine sounds a really interesting match, I hope it gets a good amount of time.
Slappy

Postby El Asian » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:39 pm

interesting match, while definately no AmDrag vs. Aries, I am very looking forward to Romero vs. Strong match
El Asian

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum