Why does everybody mark for Nerco Butcher ?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby WannaB » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:50 am

CheMateo wrote:
WannaB wrote:I haven't seen much of his work to really form an opinion of him. Although his debut in PWG for ASW3 was exciting, it did leave a little to be desired. I'm not sure if this is because him & Joey weren't a good match, or if I just haven't seen enough of him, or whatever... I think Necro will be a nice addition to PWG as long as he isn't overused and is paired with the right opponents.

Yes while his ASW 3 debut was exciting and totally unexpected for me, the match could have been better. Not that it was bad. Maybe because it was a bit too short or not hardcore enough.

PWG has to find the right balance in using Necro and so far they have.

Yeah, I think it was the shortness of the match & the lack of hardcore. Although I can't blame them since Joey isn't the kind of guy you'd expect to wrestle hardcore despite his more brutal matches (guerrilla warfare, ladder, battledome). It only seemed logical that Joey would get creamed & steal a victory before he was too fucked up to fight back.

I really do believe that BOLA will create a number of new Necro fans here in PWG & on the west coast as a whole. I'm just wondering if they'll have some excuse to make the match hardcore rules, or if maybe they'll just beat the shit out of the refs and fight until one of them can't stand... Either way I doubt we'll see a normal match contained within the ropes alone.
WannaB

Postby Jimmy The Lobster » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:48 pm

i vote no on the butcher

he just reminds me way too much of the hairy smelly homless guy who roams the streets where i work
Jimmy The Lobster

Postby Evilguest » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:29 pm

Aaron wrote:Necro Butcher is a great worker. He's more than just a bump-machine, he actually has the ability to draw people into his matches.

I have only seen one match but he didnt draw me in at all.
Evilguest

Postby PsychoDriver » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:26 pm

Necro Butcher is awesome because he was in a Drunken Deathmatch and falls on his face a lot. That makes him awesome in my book.
PsychoDriver

Postby onlxn » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:14 pm

If he started appearing here regularly (which he most likely won't), Necro would be one of the ten best workers in PWG. People look at him and assume he's some drunken idiot, but he's really, really good at putting together a compelling match. I hope we at least get to keep seeing him once every couple months.
onlxn

still not loving NERCO, but

Postby TheOutlawinLa » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:54 pm

I wouldnt mind a match every now, and then . . .I guess the main person I'd like to see him go up against is El Gernico . . .for the bumps EL would do, and the comedy spots
TheOutlawinLa

Postby PWG-G-G-Unit! » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:11 pm

I don't know about Generico, but I'd really like to see Steen beat the shit out of Necro.
PWG-G-G-Unit!

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:06 pm

PsychoDriver wrote:Necro Butcher is awesome because he was in a Drunken Deathmatch and falls on his face a lot. That makes him awesome in my book.

Dude, I pulled out my TPI 2002 tape just to watch that match right when I read this post. That match is so hilarious. Necro does so much awesome stuff there. Like when he goes outside and gets a trashcan filled with lighttubes and goes around handing them to people. The best part about that was he was being so polite and kept asking "Would you like a lighttube sir/ma'am?"
SoCalAndy

Postby shyboy13 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:12 am

Necro Butcher is awesome. I would love for him to be a regular.
shyboy13

Postby BurningHammerMark » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:16 pm

Yeah I don't see what the big deal is either when it comes to Necro Butcher. I've seen the matches with Hero, Joe, Homicide, Low-Ki and Strong and so fourth and I was greatly disappointed in mostly all of those matches with the exception of the Homicide match which was pretty good but the first Joe match was a 10 minute squash and the Ki match was pretty much the same and for the fans in attendance at the Ki match to chant "Best Match Ever" it almost made me physically ill because I wouldn't put that match anywhere near the greatest matches in wrestling. Mostly everything Necro does looks terrible and sloppy and as far as this ability to draw people into his matches goes that doesn't jive for me because he has never drawn me into any match he's been in except making me wish most of his matches would end already. He takes a good beating i'll give him that but beyond that I don't see anything special about him much less anything to warrant the hype he gets.
BurningHammerMark

Postby JasonDunn » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:56 pm

I'll throw in my two bits, keeping in mind some good points made either on this forum or another.

- This guy could very well be the definition of "Brawler" in pro wrestling. The hard-hitting punches, the lack of actual wrestling moves, even the sloppiness (Whether it's intended for realism or not), it's all part of what Necro does best. Some people prefer that, some don't. I personally do, and that's one of the many reasons why I enjoy watching Necro's matches on tape, and can't wait to see him live.

- The in-ring and out-of-ring personality. Down to earth, real, and enjoyable. Like Mick Foley's evil twin...or something.

- Watching this guy take a beating. The way he works, what with the stiff punches and whatnot, it's really good viewing to him get what's coming to him, like in his matches with Ki, Homicide, and Joe. Likewise, this'll be the case with Dragon, I imagine.

- His dedication. Yes, that includes taking bump after blood-gushing, bone-crunching bump. And not just in CZW or IWA-MS, or IHW, etc. Check some of his stuff in BJPW. Hell, isn't this the guy who said he'd clip off his own thumb just to work for New Japan? Just something I heard.

Anywho, if anything, know that Dragon/Necro is gonna bring a good ol' brawl to BOLA, just like Delirious/Generico will be a kick-ass comedy match, Quicksilver/Dragon Kid will be a spotfest, Claudio/Evans will be a David vs. Goliath type match of indy proportions, and so forth. That's all I'm saying. Feel free to rip into me now.
JasonDunn

Could the introduction of the No DQ...

Postby jboyaquar » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:28 am

wisely lead to an extended feud between these two kings of raw...somehting clearly lacking in that castrated federation?

It would make perfect sense for Necro to serve the same function that Abyss worked to solid effect in ROH...be the fun house, the inbred from Appalacha...Abyss provided an ideal counterpoint to the snobby, all too pretty Embassy boys... Frankly, the Dynasty is a more affable, verbally capable 'Embassy,' (without the guide of 'the great manager.' Their ease in their skin, hello Bosh, makes a special asset like Prince Nana completely unnecessary.)

I mean Appalacha as a compliment... I've never been so throughly impressed by the genuine freakish artifact that is Necro. He causes a stir, a surge of 'anything can happen' energy to any gym he enters. Botched moves, poor matches, one-note... it doesn't matter...his singular energy is Awesome!

Anyways, I would approve of the twist of the Dynasty interfering in this Anything Goes match leading to Necro scoring the shock upset...SD lost in the first round last year too... and giving the owner of the company the tourney championship would be Jarrett-ugly. (Oh, Scorpio does not deserve to beat SD...not yet. The victory over the bland ex defacto face Kazarian, yes... not the enigma of SD considering the abusrd amount of cheap victories Scorpio scores...not at the Battle...the finest line-up for any North american your this year.)

SD should job to start a feud with Butcher. It's a big-time indie feud waiting to erupt, and it's never been done.

Just remember PWG- don't make the Anniversary show mistake... the Babyface has to Fully Win every once in a while... B-Boy was the only individual positioned to take the title from Joey, for a long while..., SD has to decisively get his revenge back.

Can't wait til BOLA.
jboyaquar

Postby Big Joe » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:18 am

SoCalAndy wrote:
PsychoDriver wrote:Necro Butcher is awesome because he was in a Drunken Deathmatch and falls on his face a lot. That makes him awesome in my book.

Dude, I pulled out my TPI 2002 tape just to watch that match right when I read this post. That match is so hilarious. Necro does so much awesome stuff there. Like when he goes outside and gets a trashcan filled with lighttubes and goes around handing them to people. The best part about that was he was being so polite and kept asking "Would you like a lighttube sir/ma'am?"

This needed to be released on DVD yesterday.
Big Joe

Postby WannaB » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:44 pm

JasonDunn wrote:Like Mick Foley's evil twin...or something.

But Necro doesn't have a goatee; just a beard like Foley. Plus he doesn't have an eyepatch or a wicked scar across his eye, and he doesn't dress in black.

I don't think he meets any one of the criteria to be Foley's evil twin. Not his evil twin, evil clone, evil parallel dimension duplicate, not any of those.
WannaB

Postby urmomsurdad » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:52 pm

he's right.
urmomsurdad

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum