Just watched my first REAL PWG DVDS

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Just watched my first REAL PWG DVDS

Postby TheOutlawinLa » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:29 pm

Got in All Star Weekend 2 today, and it was great .. . watched both dvds without a break.

I'm hooked now.

My poor poor bocket book.

I had two of super dragons best ofs, but this was my first real PWG tape. Marked for Jack Evans, Scorpio Sky, and Petey Williams majorly. Also was impressed by El Generico . . hes more than just a comedy, which is all I had seen him be in the past.

I do see it says commentary and bonus footage on the back of the DVDS . .. How do you get that ? Cause I had no commentary, or no spots for extras.

help a brotha out =)

NEW DIEHARD PWG FAN, [I was just impressed by what I had read]
Josh
TheOutlawinLa

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:40 pm

Just press the "Audio" button on your remote to access the commentary (it's like that for all PWG DVDs) And even though it says there "Bonus Footage" there is nothing in way of extras on the ASW2 discs. A rare oversight from PWG.

Glad you enjoyed the shows. I personally really liked Bosh/Steen from Night 2. That was loads of fun live, I had no clue who would win that until it was actually over. Generico/Evans from Night 1 is an amazing match.
TigerDriver98

yay

Postby TheOutlawinLa » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:07 am

Thanks man . . The Generico vs Evans match was gold. My favorite match on either show was the Sabin vs Williams .. . something about that match just had me pumped up
TheOutlawinLa

Postby Novocaine » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:10 am

I'm in the same boat as you, brother. Just recently got into PWG and I'm eating it up with a spoon.

I was under the impression that PWG was a small "fun" indy where good matches happened to take place. But rather, the company places a huge emphasis on action in the ring. I watched a good bit of the Richards/Dragon reign and I'm loving the fact they are putting 30-40 minute matches on main events, and the crowd LOVES it. It's easier to get into matches when the fans are making noise and the PWG fans are always into the product.
Novocaine

Postby WannaB » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:07 pm

Don't be fooled. There's still a lot of fun to be had. But in all honesty if you were to see a show live you'd see a lot more of it. Regardless, glad to here that more people are becoming interested in PWG. If you want to see a good Dragon/Davey match then pick up Hollywood Globetrotters. Their match with Jack Evans & Roderick Strong was probably the best match I've seen this year in PWG.
WannaB

Postby Novocaine » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:36 pm

Haha yes, I certainly do enjoy watching the product. It's the perfect blend of comedy and workrate and I wish I heard about PWG earlier; being on the east coast hurts me this time...but hey better late than never.
Novocaine

Postby rockstar69 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:35 am

I can't wait to see my first dose of PWG I have got some DVD's on order from 1UPGAMES from over here in England (
rockstar69

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum