BOLA 2016

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:16 am

Some other interesting facts-the tournament's most experienced wrestler, Liger, has 31 YEARS more experience than the least experienced (Riddle, who debuted just last February and probably only has about 60-70 matches total at this point!) The 24 wrestlers have a combined 268 years of experience, so slightly over 11 a piece, on average. And, if this line-up holds, there are 55 combined tournament appearances between the lot. I also found it interesting that the 4 guys in the tournament who have won it before have won the previous 4 tournaments. I wonder if there's any chance for any of them to become the first to win BOLA more than once. And out of the 24, 10 are returning from last year's tournament (Hero, Lee, Scurll, Pentagon Jr., Sabre Jr., Ricochet, Fenix, Sydal, Ospreay, Andrews, and End.) Also, Callihan, Cole, and O'Reilly are making return appearances to the tournament after missing some (Callihan's first since 2013, Cole first since 2014, and O'Reilly's first since 2014.)
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:33 am

Intresting how 1/3 of the feild is made up of Progress regulars.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:46 pm

Yeah, I've seen people complaining on other forums that the BOLA line-up is just a U.S. PROGRESS show. I don't see how that's a thing to complain about, but it's wrestling fans on the internet-they hate everything. :roll:
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:39 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Yeah, I've seen people complaining on other forums that the BOLA line-up is just a U.S. PROGRESS show. I don't see how that's a thing to complain about, but it's wrestling fans on the internet-they hate everything. :roll:

That is such a stupid argument, first of all Progress is one the hottest things in indy wrestling, why not use the talent? And it will spike sales in Europe I'm sure, making PWG more money. Let's face it, the Euro talent has made a giant impact on PWG. Secondly, New Japan, LU, and WWE are well represented, along with the American indys.

People just like to bitch I guess, haha. Honestly if these people can't find something about these lineup to be excited about I question what they enjoy about wrestling.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:21 pm

eastbay510
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby Jack » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:08 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Some other interesting facts-the tournament's most experienced wrestler, Liger, has 31 YEARS more experience than the least experienced (Riddle, who debuted just last February and probably only has about 60-70 matches total at this point!) The 24 wrestlers have a combined 268 years of experience, so slightly over 11 a piece, on average. And, if this line-up holds, there are 55 combined tournament appearances between the lot. I also found it interesting that the 4 guys in the tournament who have won it before have won the previous 4 tournaments. I wonder if there's any chance for any of them to become the first to win BOLA more than once. And out of the 24, 10 are returning from last year's tournament (Hero, Lee, Scurll, Pentagon Jr., Sabre Jr., Ricochet, Fenix, Sydal, Ospreay, Andrews, and End.) Also, Callihan, Cole, and O'Reilly are making return appearances to the tournament after missing some (Callihan's first since 2013, Cole first since 2014, and O'Reilly's first since 2014.)


Damn, you do a lot of research. Really interesting facts!
User avatar
Jack
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:35 am
Location: Salisbury, MD

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby Jack » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:10 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Yeah, I've seen people complaining on other forums that the BOLA line-up is just a U.S. PROGRESS show. I don't see how that's a thing to complain about, but it's wrestling fans on the internet-they hate everything. :roll:


Why would people complain about that? PROGRESS is one of the best things going in pro wrestling today!
User avatar
Jack
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:35 am
Location: Salisbury, MD

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby toby80 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:30 am

eastbay510 wrote:https://youtu.be/Mwg2zda9WIw


If WWE hasn't signed this guy in the next year or so, I'd be very surprised. He seems to have the lot.

Really looking forward to seeing how he does at BOLA.
toby80
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:54 am

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby Jack » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:34 am

toby80 wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:https://youtu.be/Mwg2zda9WIw


If WWE hasn't signed this guy in the next year or so, I'd be very surprised. He seems to have the lot.

Really looking forward to seeing how he does at BOLA.


Never seen him wrestle before, but after watching that video, I'm pretty damn excited to see him in BOLA.

I think being in EVOLVE definitely increases the chances of him getting signed, though, due to the WWNXT partnership.
User avatar
Jack
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:35 am
Location: Salisbury, MD

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:52 pm

I guarantee you, Riddle's going to be over in minutes. GREAT personality. Interesting fact-the past two BOLA winners were announced 23rd. And look who's 23rd this year... :shock:
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby Jack » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:11 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I guarantee you, Riddle's going to be over in minutes. GREAT personality. Interesting fact-the past two BOLA winners were announced 23rd. And look who's 23rd this year... :shock:


CIERO. MIEDO.
User avatar
Jack
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:35 am
Location: Salisbury, MD

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:17 pm

I'm trying to think who comes to mind when it comes to this years 2016 BOLA winner, to me the pick is Zack Sabre Jr repeating and going back to back to win it all. Last year Strong wasn't in the field of 24 so he didnt have to defend the title the year before O'Reilly got taken out of the tournament by Roderick Strong and couldn't go the rest of BOLA leading to Strong vs Ricochet vs Gargano in the final. If Zack ends up winning the CWC then chances are maybe he drops the title at BOLA but then again what the hell do I know. If not Sabre then my next pick would be Trevor Lee.
ShadowMaster
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:44 am

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:33 pm

This is the first year since Cole won that there isn't an obvious favorite. Marty is my pick.

By the way, I am hoping Pentagon vs End happens. That and Riddle vs O'Reilly, and Haskins vs O'Reilly are the matches I most qant to see.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:59 pm

eastbay510 wrote:This is the first year since Cole won that there isn't an obvious favorite. Marty is my pick.

By the way, I am hoping Pentagon vs End happens. That and Riddle vs O'Reilly, and Haskins vs O'Reilly are the matches I most qant to see.


Was thinking the same thing when O'Reilly won it he was the clear favorite with a solid win streak coming into BOLA , when Ricochet won it also was a solid favorite and with Sabre last year winning it all it didn't surprise most PWG faithful. Marty is a solid pick how did I forget about him and out of the 24 BOLA entrints has one of the best streak coming into BOLA.
ShadowMaster
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:44 am

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby OSKMIA » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:42 pm

Awesome line up! I'm just waiting for the announcement that I think secretly everyone is waiting for...... A BIGGER VENUE!!!!
OSKMIA
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby ShadowMaster » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:45 am

OSKMIA wrote:Awesome line up! I'm just waiting for the announcement that I think secretly everyone is waiting for...... A BIGGER VENUE!!!!


Wouldn't that be great. LAX Hilton was a nice spot Kurt Russellreunion when they had it years back , as long as the venue has a bar and it's bigger then the Legion Hall it's a win for BOLA only.
ShadowMaster
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:44 am

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby spundover » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:27 am

pwggrodd wrote:I guarantee you, Riddle's going to be over in minutes. GREAT personality. Interesting fact-the past two BOLA winners were announced 23rd. And look who's 23rd this year... :shock:


I agree. I was skeptical when I first saw him,but I have seen him live about 10 times now and he is so natural it is scary. I think he excels at being a cocky heel. I'm looking forward to this Sunday's Evolve and Beyond Wrestling double header, Riddle/Scurll and Riddle/Ciampa.

If I can get tickets I will be coming from NH for BOLA. I went to All Star Weekend 11 and had a blast. Met some great people and got to be part of one the best live wrestling shows that I have ever experienced. That building, the fans and the wrestlers were amazing!(but you guys already know that)
spundover
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby toby80 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:18 pm

Wow so Will Ospreay vs. Fenix announced for Night One, and Matt Riddle vs. Kyle O'Reilly, and Ricochet, Matt Sydal and Will Ospreay vs. Adam Cole and The Young Bucks for Night Two...

This is gonna be some weekend!
toby80
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:54 am

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby Luchaundead » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:18 pm

Liger v Hero is legend v future legend that match is going to be insane I need to tickets no matter what plus Fenix & Pentagon v Heroes Eventually Die! What else could possibly happen at this point?
Luchaundead
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:13 pm

Re: BOLA 2016

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:09 pm

Holy shit, check out Adam Cole's twitter. He just gave up his spot.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests