Photos turned into a show in San Diego

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Photos turned into a show in San Diego

Postby eurotrashinamerica » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:07 pm

Been attending a few of these magnificent events and decided to bring the camera along to document the 01/02/2016 show. It turned into an artshow in San Diego where I displayed 15+ photographs which three of these were blown up (96x72) and wheat pasted onto boards.

The night and the amazing show was described to the visitors through a quick write up:

"Unassumingly tucked in between a seasonally deserted Howard Johnson Motel and a retirement home severely deprived of elation. Here lies an inconspicuous little building that serves as a local community center. Though, once a month or so the purpose of this building becomes slightly unorthodox.

It’s only 5:30pm but a long line has already formed. It snakes around the building and through the jet-black parking lot. Doors open at 8. People slowly walk through the lot, put their hands in their jacket pockets and a cloud of warm breath pushes through the air. There won’t be a bad seat in the house, but there’s a front row. The place for the vets.

The doors poke open and allow the frost-bitten but electrified crowd inside. The ramshackled room fills up within minutes. Yet somehow the line looks unaffected. People instantly know their spots, find their corners, and take their seats.

Every show sells out. Finding a ticket offline has proven hard, if not impossible. PWG (Pro Wrestling Guerilla) could easily expand their venue but the charm lies in the run-down building, the $10 pitchers of beer, and the animated crowd that chants, laughs, and yells in complete unity. As much as the wrestling is the main event, the crowd is just as mesmerizing as the show.

The sound of body slams and deafening screeches of “pain” hit the wrestling mat and it creates a chemical reaction in the shape of a unified roar: “THIS IS AWESOME!”.

Larry has the back office. He runs the place. The door slides open and a thick cloud of cigarette smoke seeps out. He’s aware of everything that goes on in the boiling pot of fans and wrestlers. You’ll hear him yell at someone for doing something stupid throughout the night. Without Larry this place would lose a part of its soul.

This is not an evening of the mundane. It is an evening of the most unexpected energy and the ‘oh-so’ entertaining event they call Underground Wrestling. Or “P-dubb-G” as the fans howls out between every other fight while quaffing beer straight from their pitchers."

eurotrashinamerica

Re: Photos turned into a show in San Diego

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:37 pm

Wow, thank you for sharing this, fantastic work man.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:36 am

These are beautiful dude!
toby80

Postby ShadowMaster » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:19 am

Not saying this cause i'm in picture #3 but these are some amazing photo's. I'd be interested in buying some of your prints.
ShadowMaster

Postby eurotrashinamerica » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:52 am

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the work!

If anyone is interested in purchasing prints I can work something out with PWG. Wouldnt mind covering material cost and donating the rest to PWG.
eurotrashinamerica

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:25 pm

Did they remove some of the images? The behind the scene ones are gone. Understandable I guess. But anyway if you have pictures for sale at the venue I would definatly be intrested.
eastbay510

Postby eurotrashinamerica » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:24 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Did they remove some of the images? The behind the scene ones are gone. Understandable I guess. But anyway if you have pictures for sale at the venue I would definatly be intrested.

Seems like it unfortunately.

Ill hit them up and see if we can work something out and I can come to the venue, sell some prints, and make them some $
eurotrashinamerica

Postby eurotrashinamerica » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:07 pm

Does anyone know who would be the best person at PWG to get in contact with?
eurotrashinamerica

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:26 am

eurotrashinamerica wrote:Does anyone know who would be the best person at PWG to get in contact with?

Far as I know, Dragon and Excal' run shit. There's the contact page or DM the Twitter.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:27 am

Good shit tho.
Super Dragon Mark

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum