Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

All Star Weekend 12

Postby skitch » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:26 am

For anyone who doesn't already know:

Night One:
Chuck Taylor vs. Trevor Lee
Chris Hero vs. Marty Scurll
Trent? vs. Drew Galloway
Mark Andrews vs. Roderick Strong (Non-Title Match)
Kyle O'Reilly vs. Tommy End
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Adam Cole
Ricochet & Matt Sydal vs. The Young Bucks (PWG Tag Title Match)

Night Two:
Chuck Taylor vs. Marty Scurll
Mark Andrews vs. Evil Uno
Drew Galloway vs. Trevor Lee
Ricochet & Matt Sydal vs. Chris Hero & Tommy End (possible PWG Tag Title Match)
Trent? vs. Adam Cole
reDRagon vs. The Young Bucks (possible PWG Tag Title Match)
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Roderick Strong (PWG Title Match
skitch

Re: All Star Weekend 12

Postby El Asian » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:33 am

Looks pretty solid though a bit disappointing for no Mike Bailey involved or any of the luchadors returning, especially Pentagon Jr. and Fenix really. Still a nice looking card though interesting to note that Bobby Fish and Evil Uno are wrestling for one night during night 2.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:31 pm

These cards look amazing. All the tags, End/O'Reilly and of course could all be MOTY contenders. Best of all, 4 shows into 2016 and no Joey Ryan.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:48 pm

And of course Sabre/Strong I meant to say. Never post when half asleep.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:19 pm

Two really loaded cards. A few scattered thoughts-Mark Andrews' chest will be hurting after the weekend's through, considering who he's wrestling. And it looks like Trent? is getting a serious chance as a singles wrestler here. The only singles matches I even remember him having in PWG were his debut matches at ASW IX and his matches at BOLA '14 and '15. Good, because I think he's underrated there. His former tag partner Chuck Taylor's got an interesting couple of matches here too. O'Reilly vs. End is going to be Kick City. It will be brutal. A lot of people think the tag titles will change hands. I don't know if I buy it.
pwggrodd

Postby shyboy13 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:12 pm

They sold out in one fuckin minute. Is this a record? Great for the owners but sucks for the fan.
shyboy13

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:49 pm

These cards will be changing shortly-Uno broke his wrist and Tommy End strained ligaments in both knees today. CRAP.
pwggrodd

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:05 pm

Solid cards.

But it doesn't feel like "all star weekend."
Super Dragon Mark

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:13 pm

pwggrodd wrote:These cards will be changing shortly-Uno broke his wrist and Tommy End strained ligaments in both knees today. CRAP.

I heard about End, where did you hear about Uno?
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:04 am

Bunch of guys on another wrestling forum were at SMASH Wrestling last night, and said they saw Uno's wrist snap on a piledriver.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:17 am

On Twitter he said it's not broken. Guess it sounded worse than it was.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:03 pm

Yeah, SMASH confirmed the injury wasn't that big a deal. Good. Don't know if I see Tommy End being so lucky.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:10 am

Yea, End just posted on Facebook that he is out at least 3 weeks. That sucks, but I would much rather him take his time instead of rushing and doing further damage. I'm zure we will get Kyle vs End at some point.
eastbay510

Postby PWGnorthern » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:26 pm

Tommy End out, new updates.

Kyle O'Reilly vs Marty Scurll - Night One
Chris Hero vs Evil Uno - Night One
Chris Hero & Debuting JT Dunn vs Matt Sydal & Ricochet - Night Two

Sucks for End to miss, he'll be back but great debut with JT Dunn
PWGnorthern

Postby AndyDiaz » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:48 pm

PWGnorthern wrote:Tommy End out, new updates.

Kyle O'Reilly vs Marty Scurll - Night One
Chris Hero vs Evil Uno - Night One
Chris Hero & Debuting JT Dunn vs Matt Sydal & Ricochet - Night Two

Sucks for End to miss, he'll be back but great debut with JT Dunn

Very excited for JT to shine in his match. He's got a bunch of guys to make him look great and bring out the best in him, hope he kills it.
AndyDiaz

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:01 pm

Wow, what a fucking weekend, I'm gonna give some thoughts. I apologize in advance if I forget anything, a little harder to two shows than it is for one.

Night 1:

-Angelo is sick I believe, thoughts go out to him. Christian Cole is doing the announcing(YES!!!)

-We start with Chuck vs Trevor. I was not looking forward to this to be honest, I did not think Chucky looked good at all against Dalton Castle at Bowie. This had some comedy, but for the most part it was serious. Chuck looked like 07 Chuck, I have never seen him better than he did this weekend. Trevor was doing more screaming, he is quickly becoming the best heel in PWG. Cool spot when they take turns on commentary, looking forward to finding out what they said when the DVD comes out.
Chuck get's a huge upset here,and the winning streak continues.

-Hero vs Uno. Really solid match that had an amazing finishing sequence that went on for a minute or so and took the match to that next level. Not much to say to be honest, great heel work by Uno, and Hero just doing his thing.

-Next the show comes down to earth just a bit. Trent vs Galloway was a solid match but nothing blow away. Still crazy to think I saw this mini feud on Smackdown a few years back and now it's in PWG. Galloway working semi heel in this one.

-Andrews vs Strong. Weakest match of the night. Roddy dominated this one, as he should be doing the night before the big match with Zack. This one was kinda botchy to be honest, including one spot where Strong went for the sick kick and Andrews was down. That being said, only in PWG would this not stand out. Good stuff, but by far the weakest match.

-During intermission I got tacos. They were so mother fucking good I thought my mouth was having an orgasm. It was like a beautiful romance and time stood still, just me, the tacos, and a frosty delicious glass bottle of Coke... Don't judge me.

-Second half the show really picks up. We start with Kyle vs Marty. Holy shit this was incredible, match of the weekend and of the year in PWG thus far. O'Reilly's first match in PWG since losing the title to Roddy. For the people who have seen Scurll vs Ospreay from Rev Pro High Stakes, it was somewhat like that without the flying. Amazing counter wrestling, strikes, and submissions. Marty is clearly a big Danielson fan. Also that finger snapping thing Scurll does Is one of the most over moves in Reseda. Buy the DVD or Blu Ray just for this match.

-Sabre vs Cole, rematch from BOLA 2014. These guys had a tough act to follow, and they didn't quite get there, but they put on the third best match of the night. As you would expect both guys were over as fuck, Cole is almost treated as a babyface. Cole destroyed Zack's leg, but in the end
Spoiler: show
Zack made Adam tap to the Stronghold while Roddy watched and told him "don't you dare tap".

-The main event, tag team title match. Second best match of the night, Ricochet looked like a monster in this one. Exactly what you would expect. To be honest I don't remember a ton of specific spots, especially since I was sitting in the splash zone and was running all match.

-After the match Rushmore jumps Ricochet and Sydal, Sabre attempts to make the save and gets beat down. Roderick says he will beat Zack by himself and tells Rushmore to stay in the back tomorrow.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:02 pm

Whoops, tried to put a spoiler on that Chuck/Trevor match.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:10 pm

Night 2:

-Ronda Rousey, Gillian Jacobs, and Adam Jones from Tool(also at night 1) in attendance.

-Excalibur doing the ring announcing.

-I couldn't tell if the crowd was tired or saving energy for the main event, both were true in my case.

-Chuck vs Scurll for the opener. Holy shit, Chuck was not fucking around this weekend, this was 07 TPI Chuck Taylor. Best match of his I have ever seen. Marty may be the most over person on the roster besides Zack.
Spoiler: show
Another huge upset for Chuck. Oh, by the way last time Chuck lost a match was Untitled II, October 17th 2014

-Andrews vs Uno. Mark's penis got destroyed in this match. Also his chest was beaten to a pulp between the chops Uno and Roddy dished out. Not much to say here, Uno chopped and Mark flew, good stuff. This may be Uno's last PWG match, his work visa expires in 4 weeks, he said he is going to try for another one.

-Lee vs Galloway. Trevor came out to Born in the USA again this weekend, really starting to play off his redneck...ness. Trevor as a heel is really a ring general. Cool moment when Lee said "In PWG you're my bitch" and Drew flipped out. Galloway gave Trevor some of the stiffest chops I have ever heard. Amazing how strong Trevor is, he gave Drew a deadlift German and made it look easy. After the match Galloway got a pretty good chant, and as he was walking to the back he saying stuff like "thank you guys so much", stuff like that. He really looked blown away by the response he got, and considering where he has gone in his career that is saying a lot that he can still be as humble as he is, I'm sure that won't make it to DVD, but it was a cool little moment.

-Ricochet/Sydal vs Death by Elbow. JT looked nervous at first, and when he did a crappy Scott Hall overhead point thingy to Hero for way to long a couple of us kind of just cringed. Buy once this got going it really got great. Biggest story of this match is Ricochet talking shit to Hero, and Hero just wanting to beat the shit out of him. First time Ricochet and Hero have shared a ring in Reseda if I'm not mistaken, and it looks like they might have a singles match soon. everybody looked really good in this match, Dunn did a lot of really cool stuff, I'm sure he will be back sooner rather than later. And for those who compalin about Hero's weight, there is one amazing spot he did that I won't spoil. Second best match of the night for me.

-Intermission, no brain-melting time stopping amazing tacos this time.

-Cole vs Trent? Nothing to say, weakest match of the show, just ok.

-reDRagon vs Bucks. Awesome stuff, once again I was running all over the place. Not as good as the first tag, but still great. Gross spot when the Bucks put reDRagon's mouthpieces in their tights and back in their mouths.

-Finally the main event of the weekend. I was worried about the crowd for this as they were quieter than normal all night. Either they were saving energy, or this match just shot adrenaline into veins, because this was one of the hottest crowds I have ever heard in Reseda. Huge pop, amazing atmosphere, tons of streamers thrown as Zack's name was announced. Match started with Roddy telling Knox he wants Justin to ref this match, Rick gave Justin a superkick as he was coming to the ring. None of that bullshit in this one, no interference as Roddy told Rushmore to stay in the back the night prior. I don't give too much away, but great intensity, submissions, strikes, and a sock spot which got a "Holy socks" chant going.

-The celebration after the match was such an incredible thing to see live. Crowd went fucking nuts, then Zack jumped in the crowd and celebrated with us. Drew, Marty, Mark, and Marty came out to celebrate. Zack got on the mic and said he quit NOAH, his dream job because of PWG. The crowd was amazing here, one of the coolest moments I have ever been a part of.
eastbay510

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:28 pm

Night 1 was awesome, but I couldn't make it to night 2. I cannot wait till it's released on blu ray!
abouttreefitty350

Postby toby80 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:08 pm

Zack's win, and the post-match celebrations, sound like one of the all-time great PWG moments.

The pic on the PWG homepage is a beaut (kudos for the streamers guys).
toby80

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum