Remebering Bryan Danielson

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Remebering Bryan Danielson

Postby El Asian » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:47 am

As we all know, Bryan Danielson made an official announcement last night on Raw, so I feel we can have discussion about this. Even though Bryan had been gone for years, especially as PWG was getting really hot, I feel he had as much importance to PWG's history as El Generico and Kevin Steen did. I think up until 2010, which was Seven, where Bryan returned to PWG after getting his release, Bryan manage to work a PWG show every year when he was available. Though I guess we can all agree Bryan's most memorable PWG moment was his match against Chris Hero for the title and the post-match farewell as well. It really sucks Bryan has to retire but I keep solace that he got to main event and win the WWE title at WrestleMania at the very least.
El Asian

Re: Remebering Bryan Danielson

Postby shyboy13 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:15 am

I respectfully disagree Asian. Nobody really compares to Steen and Generico. Outside of the owners, there is nobody more synonymous with PWG than those two. Generico never talked but Steen put over PWG every time he opened his mouth. Roddy and Hero have wrestled here more than just about anyone as well. While Roddy never really talks either, I don't think he's quite as synonymous with PWG. I get the feeling Hero couldn't care less about PWG as those letters never come out of his mouth unless he's in Reseda. Historically speaking, Davey and Frankie are more PWG guys than AD. And in the early years it's arguable that Frankie was a bigger star than AD and Frankie used to put over PWG more than just about anyone. I get what you're saying but I think AD was always an ROH guy. He was more like an attraction in PWG much like the TNA guys used to be. And guys like AJ, Williams, and Sabin were super responsible for PWGs growth.

Having said that, I can't think of people I respect more on this board than El Asian, Tigerdriver98, and LBOinyamouthfosho (or whatever the fuck he calls himself hehe). The three of your are our resident PWG historians. I probably know as much as you guys but I'm just not as prolific at posting :-)
shyboy13

Postby Ynnad » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:04 am

I saw CM Punk more as the attraction type. I sort of both agree and disagree with you.. I always got the feeling Danielson was stoked to be there and worked his ass off. I think it was more of a result of him being so involved everywhere else, like the fact he did a zillion tours of Japan, but he always seemed like he was having a blast. So he didn't put over the company like Steen and Generico did, but he fit in so well.

I agree with you on those dudes being awesome historians. I don't post much at all, but remember the shows at that Elks Lodge in Santa Ana.

One more thing, one of my favorite Danielson memories is my section telling him to attempt an airplane spin off the top rope... And then him trying it. Good times at the JCC!
Ynnad

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:57 pm

rip in peace daniel brain

He's stiffing young bucks in Heaven
Super Dragon Mark

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum