All Star weekend 11

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: All Star weekend 11

Postby The Franchise13 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:02 pm

The best thing to do is to put a limit on buying tickets. If they make the limit to 4 tickets per person, it would give other people better chances on buying tickets.
The Franchise13

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:51 am

Sami Callihan just got released. I'm wondering if he will he at ASW.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:28 am

I'd be cool with him coming back. Like his hard-hitting style.
pwggrodd

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:52 am

The Franchise13 wrote:The best thing to do is to put a limit on buying tickets. If they make the limit to 4 tickets per person, it would give other people better chances on buying tickets.

Thats what needs to be done, just put a limit on how many tickets One Person can buy makes it fair and gives Everyone a chance at getting tickets. Sadly I highly doubt PWG does a thing about it. Regarding Sami Callihan im bummed he didn't work out in NXT but im very happy to see him back on the Indys.
ShadowMaster

Postby tristanj13 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:08 pm

Anyone else have a single ticket to night 2? Text me at 347-886-1795
tristanj13

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:10 am

Holy crap, that photographer was pissing me off. He would not get out of the way the entire night. His ass was in my face the last 3 matches. Unfortunatly I couldn't really enjoy Bailey/Omega, the tag and world title match.

That being said Ospreay/Lee was match of the night. Trevor worked heel and it fit him perfectly.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:36 am

What a fucking show. Every match was good to great. PWG show of the year for me. I'll review later, but I will say there were so many incredible moments this weekend with the three returns. Ospreay was my MVP of the weekend as I felt he had the best match on both shows. Also the finish for Scurll/Thatcher was amazing.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:33 am

eastbay510 wrote:What a fucking show. Every match was good to great. PWG show of the year for me. I'll review later, but I will say there were so many incredible moments this weekend with the three returns. Ospreay was my MVP of the weekend as I felt he had the best match on both shows. Also the finish for Scurll/Thatcher was amazing.

It sounds like a very exciting weekend. I look forward to your review :)
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:07 am

Here are some of my thoughts on night 2.

-The opener was fucking hilarious, I'm not giving anything away, just watch and laugh.
Spoiler: show
After the match Rushmore jumps him

-Scurll/Thatcher was a great technical match. Marty fucking around at first, Thatcher serious. Brutal finishing sequence. A lot of these sudden finishes come off bad, this was fast and violent and it came off great.

-UFM vs Ciampa/Elgin. Probally weakest match of the night, which says a lot about the strength of this show, still very good. Big Mike looked great both nights, Cage got the job done. It looks like this might be the last time we see Ciampa and Gargano.

-Andrews/Ricochet was way better then I expected. I wasn't sure if Mark could keep up, what a dumb theory that was. Andrews botched 3 times, but every time recovered which says a lot about his quick thinking and reflexes. Really good match.

-Intermission, intresting how every first half match had different styles.

-Lee vs Sydal. Lee was playing heel again. I'm thinking this weekend was his trial run, he looks so much more comfortable in that roll. Heel Trevor was one of the best parts of the weekend honestly.

-Omega/Ospreay. Match of the night, my second favorite of the weekend right behind Lee/Ospreay. This was straight 90's super junior stuff. Fucking tremendous, great counters, great strikes, great athletic moves. If Ospreay wasn't over enough at BOLA he is over as fuck now.

-Main event. If you book a feud ending match this is how you do it, it felt like the entire roster was trying to kill Rushmore.
Spoiler: show
Obviously O'Reilly returning was the story of the match, but the best moment was Excalibur doing a stage dive, no one say that coming. Even Kikutaru got involved, finishing their one show mini angle.

-After the match everyone got long ovations. Only thing I hated with a passion about this show is when Hero went on the mic and said "O'Reilly is coming back for his belt".
I think that was a bad decision to do that. And I know I wasn't the only one who felt that way, when Excalibur talked about the next show I started a loud Sabre chant. I love O'Reilly, but Sabre is the guy who we want to beat Roddy.

-Overall amazing show and amazing weekend. Nothing got to Sabre/Roddy and End/Hero level, but overall I would say last night was the show of the year.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:59 pm

Thx for the review eastbay!

I very much look forward to watching these shows.

2016 is going to be a really exciting time to be a PWG fan, with all the returns and fresh talent.

100% agreed on ZSJ though. Now is his time!
toby80

Postby El Asian » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:35 pm

Just noticed these 2 shows will be on blu-ray as well, kinda figure this was gonna happen eventually but I was expecting BOLA to be the 1st PWG shows on blu-ray
El Asian

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum