BOLA: By the numbers

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

BOLA: By the numbers

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:08 pm

If you want to add anything or if I made a mistake please help me out, this took a lot of work, so please enjoy.

The Battle of Los Angeles was first introduced in 2005 and has been a tradition ever since, there have been 11 winners thus far:

2005: Chris Bosh
2006: Davey Richards
2007: Cima
2008: Low Ki
2009: Kenny Omega
2010: Joey Ryan
2011: El Generico
2012: Adam Cole
2013: Kyle O'Reilly
2014: Ricochet
2015: Zack Sabre Jr.

-No one has ever won multiple tournaments.
-Cima and Elgin are the only 2 to make the finals twice, with Cima winning in 07, thus making Elgin the only person to lose in the finals twice.
-Cima and Elgin are also the only 2 to make the finals in consecutive years, making Elgin the only person to lose in the finals in consecutive years.
-Roderick Strong and Chris Hero are the only two people to make the finals 3 times and never win, however Strong was never eliminated in 2014, making Hero the only one to lose 3 times in the finals, and the least successful competitor in BOLA finals history.
-Chuck Taylor is the least successful competitor in BOLA history, he holds records for most first round eliminations and most first round eliminations without a single victory with 4.
-Low Ki is the only person to be undefeated in BOLA competition, making him the most successful competitor in BOLA history.
-Cima holds the record for most eliminations in a single BOLA with 5 in 2007, and the only man to eliminate both other wrestlers in the finals, making his 2007 run the most successful in a single year in BOLA history.
-Super Dragon(06), El Generico(08), Nick and Matt Jackson(10), Kyle O'Reilly(14), Roderick Strong(14) are the only competitors to not be eliminated and not win the tournament the same year.
-Candice LaRae is the only female to ever compete in BOLA, Johnny Gargano is the only person to defeat a female, and Rich Swann is the only person to be defeated by a female.
-6 times the previous year's winner did not compete in the tournament; Bosh(06), Cima(08), Low Ki(09), Omega(10), Ryan(11), Cole(13)
-Strong holds the records for most BOLA's competed in(9), and most consecutive BOLA's (9, 2006-2014)

Location, Location, Location:

-11 countries have been represented in BOLA's history; United States, Canada, Mexico, Japan, England, Ireland, Scotland, The Netherlands, Wales, South Africa, and Switzerland.
-Out of 11 years 7 have had foreign talent.
-6 years Canada has been represented in the finals including 4 provinces; Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia, and Manitoba.
-Quebec is the province that has been represented the most times in the finals.
-Kayfabe wise the state of Florida is tied with Ohio with the most times represented in the finals. However with Cole actually from Pennsylvania and Strong not being eliminated in 2014 Ohio is the least successful state in BOLA finals history with 4 eliminations; Hero(08, 10, 15) and Gargano(14).
-California is the most successful state in BOLA history, being the only state with multiple winners(Bosh 05)(Joey Ryan 10) and no finals eliminations.
eastbay510

Re: BOLA: By the numbers

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:54 pm

Very cool.

Another BOLA fact I've noticed is that so far only Adam Cole, El Generico, and Davey Richards have actually won a title after cashing in their BOLA title shot. Davey Richards being the only one to cash his in on a tag team title shot.
TigerDriver98

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:25 pm

One thing I messed up on is I wrote 7 years had international talent, I meant 7 times international talent made the finals. Pretty cool when you think about it.
eastbay510

Postby BayAreaPWGFan » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:34 pm

I believe Chris Bosh is also 4-0 in BOLA
BayAreaPWGFan

Postby El Asian » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:26 pm

Other records:

-2 former BOLA participants would go on to win the WWE champion at WrestleMania
-Finlay is the oldest person to compete in BOLA, at 53 at the time
-9 wrestlers so far that have competed in BOLA that wore masks
-Out of the original 6 founders of PWG, only Excalibur and Topgun Talwar have never competed in BOLA
-Davey Richards is the only competitor in BOLA to compete in BOLA the most after winning one year
-2015 is the only 3 night BOLA where all the announced participants remained unchanged
-2011 is the only 1 night BOLA tournament
-CIMA and Dragon Kid are the only wrestlers from Dragon Gate to compete in BOLA twice

Also, if you want to challenge yourself, somebody has updated the list of all participants of BOLA though typing in Fenix is annoying due to the fact you have to type like it was on Fenix's wiki page with that dumb apostrophe thing on the e in Fenix

http://www.sporcle.com/games/kford13/pwg_bola
El Asian

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum