Threemendous

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Threemendous

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:08 pm

Missed online sales by 2 minutes... Please please please tell me someone has an extra ticket I can buy
Fsportsentertainment

Re: Threemendous

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:12 pm

Seriously PWG what the fuck. How do I get a ticket? Last couple shows i go at 8 to get a ticket then sold out. Please move to a bigger place
ESPINOZA316

Postby Dangerous Robot » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:19 pm

Got mine, see you there!
Dangerous Robot

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:24 pm

Im just looking to be able to go. Haven't missed a show since Express Written Consent and Id love to be able to see this as well. Hoping for a miracle. And Ill be sitting on my laptop for BOLA tix apparently
Fsportsentertainment

Postby PWGnorthern » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:58 pm

Any more guesses on what the rest of the card will be? Hopefully Thatcher is there, I think he shall be. Gresham would be nice debut, and maybe some of the new BOLA talent
PWGnorthern

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:58 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see a tag match with some of the AAA/LU guys, and maybe a crazy 6-man. I'm hoping it's revealed soon, but I kinda wonder if the rest of the card will even be announced-the past two shows had, respectively, two matches and zero matches announced. With these four matches already announced, and the tickets already sold, they don't really have to!
pwggrodd

Postby toby80 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:54 pm

I'm super-excited for the return of Akira Tozawa :P

He is going to blow the roof off the Legion Hall!
toby80

Postby The Franchise13 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:14 pm

Is the name of this show "Three-Mystery 4"?

Where's the rest of the matches?
The Franchise13

Postby PWGnorthern » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Ha yes im confused, like how come they are not announcing anything else??

My guess, theyre working on some big surprises (Aries, Samoa Joe, more Dragon Gate guys, or some Lucha Underground guys) or they've just said fuck it 4 matches is enough to sell out, which is probably tru74
PWGnorthern

Postby OSKMIA » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:08 pm

This is weird... Hope they do announce something... It's their anniversary show.
OSKMIA

Postby toby80 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:23 am

Sounds like a really fun show.

Can't wait to see Tozawa in a PWG ring again!
toby80

Postby shyboy13 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:39 pm

Results?
shyboy13

Postby Dangerous Robot » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:36 am

Dangerous Robot

Postby Nick McNulty » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:41 pm

I'll give a brief review of the show. Try my best not the spoil anything big for the DVD market.

Sadly, Roddy was booked for an ROH show. He was there in spirit, however, as the Bucks and Super Dragon had left a wonderfully simple "Happy B-Day Roddy" flyer on every seat in the hall.

- Team Tremendous vs. World's Cutest

As should be the case with solid wrestlers who truly commit to their characters, Barry and Carr are over in Reseda (I was so impressed that I had to buy a t-shirt at intermission). There was a great balance of comedy of in-ring skill to this match. At one point Carr ended up in the wrong corner and tried to sneak his way back to the other side of the ring. Without going into specifics, I was absolutely stunned by Carr's arsenal of moves. That is a very large, very agile human being.

- Cage vs. Gargano

The match was fine, but not particularly exemplary. It didn't tell a story, rather it was just two guys hitting moves. A botch at the end killed any momentum that they had built up.

- Andrew Everett vs. Rich Swann

Good to see Swann again in PWG. Very athletic contest featuring lots of acrobatic moves. After coming back from his ACL injury, Everett has been a solid part of the roster (a few of us agreed that he looks like a cross between Adam Cole and PAC). Apart from the in-ring story, the most significant news item was that Swann is now using "All Night Long" as his entrance music as Ricochet has moved on to Bruno Mars' "Treasure." Still not sure how I feel about that. Change is scary.

- Ciampa vs. Trevor Lee

Trevor gets better every time I see him, although he has a habit of taking some killer bumps on the apron in every match. The two had a crisp, clean, hard-hitting match. Ciampa attempted to garner heat by stomping a Dodger cap, but his performance was so on-point that it was hard to boo him.

- Hero vs. Speedball

Match of the Night. There was incredible intensity, energy, and emotional commitment from the ring of the bell. It told the story of a veteran underestimating the smaller newcomer, growing frustrated, and wondering what it will take to finally stop this upstart. Similar to his match with Tommy End, Hero is serving as the gatekeeper of PWG. New talent has to go through him to earn their place in Reseda. Speedball was perfectly cast in the role of the energetic young wrestler fighting for his spot in the company. Great contrasting styles were made more intense by the visibly emotional Bailey.

- Tozawa vs. Ricochet

I started going to PWG shows in 2011, so this was my first time seeing Tozawa in Reseda. He owned the crowd from the moment he walked through the curtain. There was a point where he kicked out at one and the place nearly erupted. Great comedy spots ("Ask him!") provided a good change of pace to the supercharged match between the close friends.

- Super Dragon and the Bucks hit the ring to beat down the faces. Dragon is the closest thing we're ever going to get to a true heel in PWG. He's playing the part perfectly as, despite our inherent love for the man, it's easy to hate his character. We chanted for Biff, but, alas, he wasn't in the locker room. Instead, Jack Evans and Angelico hit the ring, setting up the main event.

-Young Bucks vs. Angelico/Jack Evans

Fantastic match to close the night. Jack was sharp and hit some of his classic Generation Next moves. Angelico is much taller and lankier than I expected, with his kicks and strikes almost as impressive as his dives. And what more can you say about the Young Bucks? Their match was what you'd expect from the best tag team on the planet.

The Legion Hall is always a surreal experience, but you could truly feel the love (and humidity) in the room last Friday. Great energy, great camaraderie. Someone near us made a Prince Puma comment and was immediately shot down. One fan (think it might have been Marty DeRosa) started chanting "Olé" and was appropriately booed into submission. It was another stellar show and a great precursor to BOLA. Bring it on!
Nick McNulty

Postby toby80 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:06 pm

Thanks for the review Nick :P

Sounds like a fantastic show!
toby80

Postby Dangerous Robot » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:32 am

Nick McNulty wrote:One fan (think it might have been Marty DeRosa) started chanting "Olé" and was appropriately booed into submission.

Marty tried to get an "El Rey, El Rey El Rey El Rey" chant going (to the beat of Generico's "Olé") but got a "Fuck That Guy" instead. Hilarious :D
Dangerous Robot

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum