Mystery Vortex III: Rock and Shock the Nation on June 26

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Mystery Vortex III: Rock and Shock the Nation on June 26

Postby El Asian » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Well given how PWG has been announcing for their next shows, I do still hope they have some special surprises this Friday night.
El Asian

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:30 pm

Looks like the Bucks will be in Japan this week .
ShadowMaster

Postby do0shebag55 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:04 pm

3 DAYS! I'm hoping there's some surprise guests that are there this Friday that haven't been spoiled yet for BOLA...
do0shebag55

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:43 pm

Well, the last Mystery Vortex was Andrew Everett and Trevor Lee's debut (along with Cedric Alexander's second appearance-where's he been lately, anyway?), so I'm hoping for something like that to happen again this time.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:00 pm

With all the announcements going on today, I wonder if any wrestlers will make an early debut today
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:53 pm

I was thinking the same thing. Some of the LU guys might.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:30 pm

So another great show from PWG, Here's some thoughts.

-That photographer was pissing everyone off. When Devin was there he would duck down so only his head and camera was above the apron. This dude kept sticking his ass in everyone's faces, and was constantly in the way. He almost got taken out by Hero and got a "We miss Devin" chant.

-Gargano/Ciampa was your opener. The crowd is really weird with Johnny, some times they love him, sometimes they could care less(DDT4). This time the crowd was super into this match. Pretty good stuff with an insane finishing sequence.

-Monster Mafia vs WCTT. First of all can Joey please retire or leave PWG? I can't stand watching him wrestle. That being said it was so nice to get to see Josh Alexander in Reseda one last time. I get why this match happened, obviously you don't want Josh to take to many bumps, so this one wasn't super intense. It was ok, but the post match was great. Everyone seemed to know about Josh's situation, and he recieved chants of "Thank you Josh", "Walking Weapon", and "Alexander". Then Page gave him the Spinning Dwayne, what a fucking prick.

-Thank you Josh and best of luck.

-Next we have a debuting Timothy Thatcher vs Biff Busick. Stiff. Lot's of chain wrestling. This was going really good till the finish, there was no finishing sequence or setup, it just happened. This match was pretty short, so it almost looked like they were halfway through a match then just went to the finish out of nowhere. It was really weird. Finish aside Thatcher looked good and got over.

-Next Roddy comes out and issues an open challenge, Speedball answers and to an enormous pop. Crowd was white hot for this one. Bailey plays such a great underdog and plays off Strong perfectly. Tons of drama in this one. In my opinion the match of the night, and one of the best PWG matches of 2015. Another incredible match for Roddy.

-Intermission.

-Coming back from intermission we have the big man/tiny man match of Cage/Silver. Very intresting dynamic: Cage is a giant who can fly, and Silver is a small guy who uses power. Some insane strength from Silver, including a military press, beal, and a jackhammer, which caused the crowd to chant "Silberg". Not a super serious match, but lots of fun and perfect for coming back from intermission.

-Next was Hero/Sabre. Incredible. Sabre came out to an even bigger pop then Speedball. The man is a God in Reseda. Hero came in with a cut on his finger. Sabre opened it up and he was bleeding pretty heavily. Great technical wrestling and stiff strikes... pretty much what you expect. Second best match for me.

-Trevor/Everett came out next, Trevor cut a promo about how they have no top contender so they were gonna wrestle each other. They started wrestling without a ref I believe... it was really awkward. Then Matt cut a promo from the back and The Bucks walked out to the biggest pop I have EVER heard in Reseda. The match... look who was in it, exactly what you expect. Amazing.

-Incredible show. 2015 has been amazing so far.

-The angle? Just buy the DVD.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:37 pm

I had a feeling Dragon was going to show up at one of the upcoming shows, but I did not see that swerve-turn coming!

Great to see the Bucks back too. Mount Rushmore 2.0 spells all kinds of trouble for the babyfaces of PWG.
toby80

Postby Dangerous Robot » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:44 am

Here's an amazing write up by an amazing dude (Not Me)
http://straightshoot.tumblr.com/post/12 ... show-ruled
Dangerous Robot

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:13 am

I have a couple concerns about Rushmore 2.0. First of all and mostly I really hope we don't get interference and bullshit during Roddy's title matches. The dude has been on such a hot streak and I really hope his title reign dosen't become a Adam Cole copy. Also Joey Ryan in another major angle... ugh.
eastbay510

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum