i have been to 31 PWG shows straight anyone been to more

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

i have been to 31 PWG shows straight anyone been to more

Postby lunatic903 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:34 pm

just wondering
lunatic903

Re: i have been to 31 PWG shows straight anyone been to more

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:20 pm

DDT4 will make 60 straight for me. First show was Express Written Consent and have been to every one of them since
Fsportsentertainment

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:41 pm

Fsportsentertainment wrote:DDT4 will make 60 straight for me. First show was Express Written Consent and have been to every one of them since

I've been going consistently since around that time as well, but I've missed a small handful of shows.
abouttreefitty350

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:47 pm

abouttreefitty350 wrote:
Fsportsentertainment wrote:DDT4 will make 60 straight for me. First show was Express Written Consent and have been to every one of them since

I've been going consistently since around that time as well, but I've missed a small handful of shows.

Im lucky my job permits me to be able to make it to every show. This company single handedly took a longtime fan who was about ready to give up and made him believe again. And I'm converting people too!
Fsportsentertainment

Postby lunatic903 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:18 pm

Damn 60 that's impressive
lunatic903

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:04 pm

Out of the last 56 shows, I've only missed one. My first show was Threemendous 2.
The Franchise13

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:41 pm

The Franchise13 wrote:Out of the last 56 shows, I've only missed one. My first show was Threemendous 2.

My first show was Threemendous II also. Remember that the show ended at like 1:30 in the morning and people were pissed that Hero won so they were throwing their beer cups and empty pitchers at him? Good times. Anyways since that show, I've only missed 6 shows, so pretty much 1 a year so far. Not too shabby.
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:37 am

AmericanWolvesMark wrote:
The Franchise13 wrote:Out of the last 56 shows, I've only missed one. My first show was Threemendous 2.

My first show was Threemendous II also. Remember that the show ended at like 1:30 in the morning and people were pissed that Hero won so they were throwing their beer cups and empty pitchers at him? Good times. Anyways since that show, I've only missed 6 shows, so pretty much 1 a year so far. Not too shabby.

that really happened?? that's terrible.

don't live in the area so have never been able to go more than a few times a year but i can say i was at the debut show.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby shyboy13 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:21 pm

Wow. I just counted and at one point I went to 98 shows in a row not counting the European shows. I also have every dvd up to 2013. Im sure ill buy the newer ones once I get around to watching all the ones I have yet to watch. Id put my PWG fan resume against anyone's. :-)

I dont bother going to shows anymore though cuz im afraid to take a long ass trip to the valley to possibly get turned away or even worse, have to stand all night without a seat. I know i could still go to shows if i really wanted to but its just takes too much effort for my taste at this point in my life. But im honestly glad PWG is doing so good. I'm proud of them.
shyboy13

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:43 pm

AmericanWolvesMark wrote:

Ha! Thats one of my favorite PWG matches.
Garden State Saint

Postby Ynnad » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:32 am

shyboy13 wrote:Wow. I just counted and at one point I went to 98 shows in a row not counting the European shows. I also have every dvd up to 2013. Im sure ill buy the newer ones once I get around to watching all the ones I have yet to watch. Id put my PWG fan resume against anyone's. :-)

I dont bother going to shows anymore though cuz im afraid to take a long ass trip to the valley to possibly get turned away or even worse, have to stand all night without a seat. I know i could still go to shows if i really wanted to but its just takes too much effort for my taste at this point in my life. But im honestly glad PWG is doing so good. I'm proud of them.

I'd be curious as to how many people who were regulars at the JCC and before sill attend the shows? I went to the April 3rd show, and it was my first since 2008. It was damn good to be back, but still left me wondering if any of the older fans were still around. Stoked for DDT4!
Ynnad

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:04 am

Ynnad wrote:
shyboy13 wrote:Wow. I just counted and at one point I went to 98 shows in a row not counting the European shows. I also have every dvd up to 2013. Im sure ill buy the newer ones once I get around to watching all the ones I have yet to watch. Id put my PWG fan resume against anyone's. :-)

I'd be curious as to how many people who were regulars at the JCC and before sill attend the shows? I went to the April 3rd show, and it was my first since 2008. It was damn good to be back, but still left me wondering if any of the older fans were still around. Stoked for DDT4!

not quite a regular but i used to go at least 2-3 times a year when they used to do shows at the sweatbox.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby camstun187 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:27 am

Is it just me, or is Express Written Consent the generation gap PWG show amongst fans?

It seems like that show was the beginning of the modern-day crowd we see in PWG. Paul London being the first big non-indy face in the company drew a sellout crowd that night. I still remember my time in 2009 when I would watch that 6-man tag almost every night after buying the show. It's such a good match!

But yeah, if there is ever a documentary about PWG, I hope that show is shown as a turning point for the promotion, in terms of establishing a faithful family of fans. The Gentle Art of Making Enemies was in Reseda, but Express Written Consent turned Reseda into the PWG Arena.
camstun187

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:56 pm

Not counting the European Shows, I think I only missed like 3 of the first 100 or so shows. The PWG cave man days at this point.
TigerDriver98

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:28 pm

Ynnad wrote:

Beyond Thunderdome in 2006 at the JCC was my first PWG show. My next show was ¡Dia De Los Dangerous! in 2008. I went to DDT4 and BOLA in 08, and then like the others here Express Written Consent marked the beginning of me going consistently.
abouttreefitty350

Postby ShadowMaster » Fri May 01, 2015 11:58 am

I went from FEAR which was my first show at the Legion Hall to BOLA 14 Night One which was 24 in a row , and haven't missed a show since which was tough because I went to Sold Our Soul for Rock n Roll and that was the night before my wedding.
ShadowMaster

Postby bford24 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:35 pm

I haven't been to a show since I moved in 2009 and I didn't count the number of events I attended but I was at every show from May 05 to February 2009 so I'm sure it was at least 60.
bford24

Postby BayAreaPWGFan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:00 am

With PWG selling out in less than 1 minute lately. How have you been able to go to the recent shows?
BayAreaPWGFan

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum