BOLA 2015

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: BOLA 2015

Postby toby80 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:57 am

WOW! What a line-up!

Ricochet vs. Sabre Jr. immediately jumps out. I've been hoping to see these two face-off ever since Zack debuted.

But heck, so many matches to look forward to. I think this could top last year!
toby80

Postby OSKMIA » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:06 pm

Dangerous Robot wrote:Inner City Machine Guns take on Angélico and Jack Evans in a non-tournament match on Night One of the 2015 Battle of Los Angeles!

Aero Star faces Brian Cage on Night One of the 2015 Battle of Los Angeles!

Rich Swann faces Marty Scurll on Night Two of the 2015 Battle of Los Angeles!

Andrew Everett faces Biff Busick on NIght One of the 2015 Battle of Los Angeles!

Chris Hero faces Timothy Thatcher on Night Two of the 2015 Battle of Los Angeles!

William Ospreay faces Mark Andrews on Night One of the 2015 Battle of Los Angeles!

Drew Gulak faces Tommy End on Night Two of the 2015 Battle of Los Angeles!

Trevor Lee faces Trent? on Night One of the 2015 Battle of Los Angeles!

Angélico faces Jack Evans on Night Two of the 2015 Battle of Los Angeles!

Drago faces Pentagón Jr on Night One of the 2015 Battle of Los Angeles!

Mike Bailey faces Drew Galloway on Night Two of the 2015 Battle of Los Angeles!

Matt Sydal faces Fénix on Night One of the 2015 Battle of Los Angeles!

Ricochet faces Zack Sabre, Jr. on Night Two of the 2015 Battle of Los Angeles!

OSKMIA

Postby dmw87 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:11 pm

Got my tickets after initially shitting my pants because the website wouldn't load for about a minute. Who else got 'em?
dmw87

Postby CreedP » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:14 pm

I tried for a friend for ONE DAY, site wouldn't load .. wouldn't load.. finally loaded at 8:01, Front Row already sold out. Tried for GA, site wouldn't load... wouldn't load... wouldn't load... 8:05, GA sold out.

This is absurd. No limits on tickets so the tales of 18-20 ticket purchases from previous shows run rampant, and bad hosting means we don't even have a CHANCE at tickets.

Sorry, don't care how awesome the wrestling is, I can't do business with this kind of mickey mouse setup. I'm done.

CREED
CreedP

Postby Dangerous Robot » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:23 pm

Luck of the draw, guys. I was only able to get Night 1. Anyone have extras for 2 or 3?
Dangerous Robot

Postby ojpatterson » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:29 pm

Front row for night one, GA for night three. I was on three different devices, losing my shit. Bummed that I won't be able to see Ricochet vs. Zack Sabre Jr. :-(
ojpatterson

Postby The Corrector » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:16 pm

They used to sell tickets for the next upcoming show after that nights show was over. Even if they don't know the next date, sell tickets and let loyal fans have a chance. We all know that people are gaming the system because they know the "computer trick" I hear The Marks talking about. There seems to be no limit on the number of tickets these Marks are allowed to HOARD, but do you notice it is always the same Marks posting about "extra tickets" they seem to have ? How can I have tickets in my "Shopping Cart", yet when I click "Checkout", they are sold out ? I have bought plenty of tickets on Ticketmaster for wrestling, concerts, etc., and once they are in your "Cart", they are yours to purchase. Not sure how PWG's ticket system (or lack thereof) "works", but that's just it, it DOES NOT WORK. The Marks are also always talking about how they have an inside secret of how to buy 20 tickets at time, but nobody has let me in on the "secret". There has also been word going around for the last year or so that certain "select fans" get into the ticket page before others, or somehow get tickets set aside for them by the powers that be. It is always the same people in the front row. Coincidence ? No, it is Shenanigans and I am Officially claiming SHENANIGANS against PWG. With all of this extra cash they are raking in by more than doubling ticket prices over the past couple years, they can afford to revamp, upgrade, fix, or make it fair by at least setting limits on HOARDING. Selling tickets at the end of the show for the next show is an easy solution. They don't have to know the date, just sell the tickets and announce the date later. That would also give PWG extra working capital. It is a business after all, so why would a business not want extra working capital upfront instead of waiting for weeks to get their money ? If the "powers that be" need any standard intro to business lessons, I will provide my services free of charge. Just because the tickets sell out so fast does not mean they are business savvy, it actually shows the opposite. The Ultra-Marks will continue to game the system with their "secrets", and the real fans will be left out in the cold (or Reseda heat) once again. I would love a reply from the powers that be (or the PWG 5 or whoever they actually are), but I'm not holding my breath. Does anyone else agree with me ?
The Corrector

Postby skitch » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:43 am

Man, I'd be excited just to make it out to a show one of these days. Living on the East Coast and having a fear of flying doesn't help. Congrats to anyone that scored tickets! Gonna be a crazy three nights
skitch

Postby pray4mojo » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:00 am

The Corrector wrote:They used to sell tickets for the next upcoming show after that nights show was over. Even if they don't know the next date, sell tickets and let loyal fans have a chance. We all know that people are gaming the system because they know the "computer trick" I hear The Marks talking about. There seems to be no limit on the number of tickets these Marks are allowed to HOARD, but do you notice it is always the same Marks posting about "extra tickets" they seem to have ? How can I have tickets in my "Shopping Cart", yet when I click "Checkout", they are sold out ? I have bought plenty of tickets on Ticketmaster for wrestling, concerts, etc., and once they are in your "Cart", they are yours to purchase. Not sure how PWG's ticket system (or lack thereof) "works", but that's just it, it DOES NOT WORK. The Marks are also always talking about how they have an inside secret of how to buy 20 tickets at time, but nobody has let me in on the "secret". There has also been word going around for the last year or so that certain "select fans" get into the ticket page before others, or somehow get tickets set aside for them by the powers that be. It is always the same people in the front row. Coincidence ? No, it is Shenanigans and I am Officially claiming SHENANIGANS against PWG. With all of this extra cash they are raking in by more than doubling ticket prices over the past couple years, they can afford to revamp, upgrade, fix, or make it fair by at least setting limits on HOARDING. Selling tickets at the end of the show for the next show is an easy solution. They don't have to know the date, just sell the tickets and announce the date later. That would also give PWG extra working capital. It is a business after all, so why would a business not want extra working capital upfront instead of waiting for weeks to get their money ? If the "powers that be" need any standard intro to business lessons, I will provide my services free of charge. Just because the tickets sell out so fast does not mean they are business savvy, it actually shows the opposite. The Ultra-Marks will continue to game the system with their "secrets", and the real fans will be left out in the cold (or Reseda heat) once again. I would love a reply from the powers that be (or the PWG 5 or whoever they actually are), but I'm not holding my breath. Does anyone else agree with me ?

I guess I've just been really lucky and have got tickets for the last (3) on sales and got tickets for all three nights of BOLA. I only buy (2) tickets for each show and have two laptops ready to go right at 8PM. As soon as the Twitter announcement goes out, I refresh the page and try to buy...and of course have all the PWG Tweets sent right to my phone for this very reason.

But I completely agree with you about ticket limits. Maybe have a (4) ticket limit per show? The place only holds about 400 people, right?

There are smaller company's like Brown Paper Tickets, etc. that could handle the load. Maybe they should start doing it there.
pray4mojo

Postby OSKMIA » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:30 pm

pray4mojo wrote:There are smaller company's like Brown Paper Tickets, etc. that could handle the load. Maybe they should start doing it there.

Great idea...
OSKMIA

Postby Itchypanda » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:30 am

I've re-sold tickets before because friends were forced to bail on me because of Friday family issues or other things that pop up in their lives. I normally re-sell the tickets for face value or below, just to get the value back and I've never tried to make a profit off PWG. The last event I sold the $47 ticket for $40 to a woman, just so I wouldn't eat the cost of a full ticket loss. Hopefully, there are people who have purchased from me that can back up my claim.

As far as the computer trick, it's technically a myth. There is a way to track the number of tickets and ticket sales but to circumvent the website before or during the sales is actually untrue. You can technically use mirror links to get to the same destination with less server lag but it dynamically changes per event, or it should if the PWG administrator is creating a new event each time tickets go on sale. Otherwise, there is a slight head-start in circumnavigating the site at the exact point tickets go on sale. Btw, I don't have a mirror link for PayPal. I log in at 7:55 pm like everyone else and pray the site doesn't crash.

With that said, Brown Paper Tickets is a fantastic site. Also, PWG should consider a paid lottery system. If you want advanced tickets to the next, pay $1 or $2 dollars for a drawing for a limited number of GA tickets for the next event and leave Front Row open for sales, since the draw is incredibly strong. It seems that many die-hard fans wouldn't mind shilling a buck or two for a guaranteed chance for the next show. Pretty sure the Young Bucks would sell this in a heartbeat.

I didn't get Night 3 and a bit bummed about it but I may stand in line or catch it on DVD later. I hope everyone makes it in for all 3 nights. This specific crowd with this high-quality wrestling makes this a must-see event each time.
Itchypanda

Postby the.devil.himself » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:34 pm

i'm looking for extra tickets for nights 1 and 3..
the.devil.himself

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:44 pm

With Chucky gone and Joey in Beyond on night 3, I have a suggestion for commentary. Marty Scurll. Marty hosts a wrestling talk show in England, he knows all the European talent, and his voice is just very pleasing.
eastbay510

Postby Itchypanda » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:45 pm

What is Stephen Amell's booking rate? He has to be cheap since he's a rookie, right? ;)
Itchypanda

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:52 pm

I love how many different dynamics there are for the Euro/Rushmore 6 man. It is the new Rushmore's debut match, Scurll's PWG debut, The Bucks and The Leaders of the New School on oposite sides, Sabre and Roddy facing off again after their classic, and Tommy's return. I really think this match will be nothing short of a classic itself.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:25 pm

Yeah, it'll be a real treat! Lots of interesting styles meshing there. Anybody wanna guess the first two nights' results? I will.
Night One
Brian Cage over Aero Star (provided Brian Cage's injury against Alberto el Patron in AAA doesn't lead to another missed appearance)
Biff Busick over Andrew Everett(I wonder if this will play into the six man Guerrilla Warfare on Night Two)
Will Ospreay over Mark Andrews
Pentagon Jr. over Drago(I wonder if this will play into the tag match on Night Two)
Trevor Lee over Trent?
Matt Sydal over Fenix(hopefully sets up Sydal vs. Ospreay on Night Three)
Mt. Rushmore 2.0 over The LDRS/End
Inner City Machine Guns over Gueros del Cielo
Night Two
Marty Scurll over Rich Swann
Timothy Thatcher over Chris Hero(probably the toughest one to pick of the whole first round)
Jack Evans over Angelico(Evans is better in singles, so I'll pick him here)
Tommy End over Drew Gulak
Drew Galloway over Speedball Bailey(Bailey's a popular pick, but I feel like there's no reason to bring in Galloway for just one tournament match)
Zack Sabre Jr. over Ricochet (maybe ZSJ vs. Scurll on Night Three?)
Mt. Rushmore 2.0 over Busick/Everett/Lee
Aero Star/Fenix over Drago/Pentagon Jr.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:00 pm

Night 1

-Cage over Aerostar
-Busick over Everett
-Ospreay over Mandrews
-Pentagon over Drago
-Trevor over Trent
-Fenix over Sydal
-I don't know about the 6 man, but I'm guessing they do something to build to Roddy/Sabre II

Night 2

-Scurll over Swann
-Hero over Thatcher
-Angelico over Evans
-End over Gulak
-Bailey over Galloway(this is kind of a tough pick, either you eliminate one of the most over guys in PWG first round, or a big name first round)
-Sabre over Ricochet.
-Rushmore over Biff/Trevor/Everett

Night 3

-I hope we see Sabre/Srull, then Sabre/Speedball.
-Tommy End vs Pentagon Jr.
-Angelico vs Ospreay
-Trevor vs Fenix

Sabre is my pick to win it all.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:07 pm

If Trevor Lee doesn't win, then it would almost have to be Sabre.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:08 pm

I'm hoping for a Sabre vs. Pentagon match on Night Three. Battle of the armbreakin' dudes.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:46 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love Trevor, hell I've been watching him since before his PWG debut. But to me Sabre is just on another level. Every one of his matches have been good to classic, he is the most over guy in the company(besides possibly Speedball), and having him as champ would probally help sales in Europe which would allow more more Europeans to be brought in on a more frequent basis. To me Sabre has to win this and beat Roddy for the belt at some point, I can't wait to see those two back in the ring again.
eastbay510

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum