Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Returns 2/27/15

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Returns 2/27/15

Postby bford24 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:35 am

I'm just glad to see PWG do so well, you guys are so lucky to be able to see the shows live. It sure has changed since I was attending every show from 05-09. The shows were always crowded but they never sold out of tickets that quick. I miss the twice monthly show, those were some fun times. I'm just glad that occasionally PWG stars come to Texas for shows.
bford24

Postby OSKMIA » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:49 am

shyboy13 wrote:Ease up on LBO, Robot. He's not whining. He's an old school fan just like you and I are and he has a good point. I am in a similar situation. I always plan on going to shows too but the tickets are far too often sold out. I no longer have the desire to get there 3-4 hours early just to POSSIBLY get let in or POSSIBLY stand all night. Its too risky so I generally just choose not to take the risk. i would love to attend more shows (since ive been going for over 10 years) but it just takes too much time and effort now. If I were guaranteed a seat and I didnt have to stand in line for hours I would no doubt attend almost every show like I did for so many years.

On a related note, im proud that PWG has grow in status the way it has. It just sucks that there are so many more people who are left out.

I know the American Legion is PWG's home and the atmosphere is amazing, but PWG is getting bigger in terms of recognition, and they need a slightly bigger venue. I always said the Van Nuys Armory was a great size for a PWG show... not too big and not to small... If only there was a bar it would be perfect! lol
OSKMIA

Postby lunatic903 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:30 am

anyone have two or even three General Admission? please message me
lunatic903

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:22 pm

OSKMIA wrote:
shyboy13 wrote:Ease up on LBO, Robot. He's not whining. He's an old school fan just like you and I are and he has a good point. I am in a similar situation. I always plan on going to shows too but the tickets are far too often sold out. I no longer have the desire to get there 3-4 hours early just to POSSIBLY get let in or POSSIBLY stand all night. Its too risky so I generally just choose not to take the risk. i would love to attend more shows (since ive been going for over 10 years) but it just takes too much time and effort now. If I were guaranteed a seat and I didnt have to stand in line for hours I would no doubt attend almost every show like I did for so many years.

On a related note, im proud that PWG has grow in status the way it has. It just sucks that there are so many more people who are left out.

I know the American Legion is PWG's home and the atmosphere is amazing, but PWG is getting bigger in terms of recognition, and they need a slightly bigger venue. I always said the Van Nuys Armory was a great size for a PWG show... not too big and not to small... If only there was a bar it would be perfect! lol

Who are you quoting in your sig?
Garden State Saint

Postby OSKMIA » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:50 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:Who are you quoting in your sig?

BoLA 2006 Excalibur referred to BoLA as their WrestleMania while on commentary... I just added the rest.
OSKMIA

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:22 pm

So I'm watching Impractical Jokers, and then from out of nowhere (see what I did there?) John Silver.

47 seconds in.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:23 pm

Guess I can't post videos,but here's the link.

eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:25 pm

Or not... wow. anyway search "impractical Jokers - Murr Loser Punishment - Professional Dodgeball" on youtube.
eastbay510

Postby Dangerous Robot » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:36 pm

shyboy13 wrote:
Dangerous Robot wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:i'm not driving for 3+ hours then standing in live for 4+ and then have to watch the show standing, it's just too much even for me much less my son and his mom.

Ask around, maybe has extra tickets or just one even so you wife can go inside and save you seats. Stop whining and get creative man. Just as anything else in life, if you want something bad enough you'll find a way to get it!

Ease up on LBO, Robot. He's not whining. He's an old school fan just like you and I are and he has a good point. I am in a similar situation. I always plan on going to shows too but the tickets are far too often sold out. I no longer have the desire to get there 3-4 hours early just to POSSIBLY get let in or POSSIBLY stand all night. Its too risky so I generally just choose not to take the risk. i would love to attend more shows (since ive been going for over 10 years) but it just takes too much time and effort now. If I were guaranteed a seat and I didnt have to stand in line for hours I would no doubt attend almost every show like I did for so many years.

Sounds like whining to me. Just because the webpage says tickets are sold out doesn't mean you can't buy them at the door. We don't know how many tickets PWG put on sale, they could have reduced the amount to generate hype. Probably not but it's a possibility. I've been going to these shows for almost ten years and have Never seen anyone turned away at the door. Plus, if you buy tickets at the door there's no "Service Fee" ;)
Dangerous Robot

Postby ShadowMaster » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:48 am

I'm sorry but I don't feel bad for anybody who can't get tickets cause they sell out quick . The last 2 shows Sold Out before I could get a ticket so what did I do both times I drove out there and waited in line and bought a ticket at the door it wasn't that difficult . I understand the original PWG fans are upset cause they can't get there usual seats cause how popular PWG has gotten over the years well that's what happens when something blows up and becomes very popular. PWG should never leave the Legion Hall especially so some of the lazy fans don't wanna be proactive and wait till the minute they go on sale like everyone else.
ShadowMaster

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:49 am

Dangerous Robot wrote:
Ask around, maybe has extra tickets or just one even so you wife can go inside and save you seats. Stop whining and get creative man. Just as anything else in life, if you want something bad enough you'll find a way to get it!

Ease up on LBO, Robot. He's not whining. He's an old school fan just like you and I are and he has a good point. I am in a similar situation. I always plan on going to shows too but the tickets are far too often sold out. I no longer have the desire to get there 3-4 hours early just to POSSIBLY get let in or POSSIBLY stand all night. Its too risky so I generally just choose not to take the risk. i would love to attend more shows (since ive been going for over 10 years) but it just takes too much time and effort now. If I were guaranteed a seat and I didnt have to stand in line for hours I would no doubt attend almost every show like I did for so many years.
[/quote]

Sounds like whining to me. Just because the webpage says tickets are sold out doesn't mean you can't buy them at the door. We don't know how many tickets PWG put on sale, they could have reduced the amount to generate hype. Probably not but it's a possibility. I've been going to these shows for almost ten years and have Never seen anyone turned away at the door. Plus, if you buy tickets at the door there's no "Service Fee" ;)[/quote]

you don't really know what whining is then.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Dangerous Robot » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:34 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:

You're right because I don't have a wife or kids. That's why I get to go to PWG in a few weeks!
Dangerous Robot

Postby bennym6 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:45 am

Not to sound controversial but you're insane if you think PWG should change venues. Reseda is magically and the shows not in Reseda don't have the same energy and the main reason PWG is the best company on the indies is because of the magic of Reseda. Just look at the dead Kurt Russellreunion crowds from a couple of years ago if you want proof.
bennym6

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:40 am

Dangerous Robot wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:

You're right because I don't have a wife or kids. That's why I get to go to PWG in a few weeks!

i'm not sure if that was intended to make me feel envious or not but either way it had the opposite effect.

enjoy the show.
bennym6 wrote:Not to sound controversial but you're insane if you think PWG should change venues. Reseda is magically and the shows not in Reseda don't have the same energy and the main reason PWG is the best company on the indies is because of the magic of Reseda. Just look at the dead Kurt Russellreunion crowds from a couple of years ago if you want proof.

for the record i don't think they should change venues unless they're going to make more money. that said i think you're giving reseda too much credit. PWG makes the magic and i've always had a blast at the shows regardless of the venue. actually have a lot of fond memories of the sweatbox.

anyways i think the match i'd be looking forward to the most would be the monster mafia vs the bucks. i've seen highlights from some of their previous matches and they looked incredible.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby El Asian » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:59 pm

So I'm sure some heard but turns out Uhaa isn't going to the WWE at least not yet as he returned to Dragon Gate and is working their Osaka show as well, which is on the same day as this, hopefully that means more Uhaa in PWG this year though.
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:21 am

bennym6 wrote:Not to sound controversial but you're insane if you think PWG should change venues. Reseda is magically and the shows not in Reseda don't have the same energy and the main reason PWG is the best company on the indies is because of the magic of Reseda. Just look at the dead Kurt Russellreunion crowds from a couple of years ago if you want proof.

Convention crowds are always different, it wasn't necessarily the venue.
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:00 pm

I'm kinda worried about the weather on Friday. Alex Reynolds couldn't make the last CZW show due to weather, he and Silver live in New York, and Bailey, Page and Alexander are up in Canada. I really hope it isn't an issue.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:31 pm

I'm sure its fine as Alexander and Page made it to work AIW during that time period and I think Bailey worked another company, I want to say Beyond, in that time as well
El Asian

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:15 am

Great show tonight! Spoilers to follow!

ZACK SABRE JR VS RODERICK STRONG NEXT SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New guys were great. I'd love to see them all come back regularly.

Also, Dave Meltzer was in the building.

I'm too tired to type out the results, so I'm stealing them from here:

http://www.pwponderings.com/2015/02/27/ ... e-results/

Biff Busick def ‘Speedball’ Mike Bailey via rear naked choke.
– Bailey got over well

Cedric Alexander def Tommaso Ciampa via side suplex into a backbreaker.
– Innovative offense from both

Trent? & Chuck Taylor def Beaver Boys (John Silver & Alex Reynolds) via Double chokeslam on Reynolds

ACH def AR Fox via dead lift german after a Stone Cold Stunner

Chris Hero def Drew Gulak via piledriver
– Stiff and good story telling around Hero’s left ankle

Ricochet def Matt Sydal via reverse Bloody Sunday driver
– Really good high flying match

Young Bucks def Monster Mafia (Josh Alexander & Ethan Page) via Meltzer driver on Page after Nick blew a kiss to Meltzer who was at the show

PWG World Title
Roderick Strong def Trevor Lee via Orange Crush Backbreaker
– Lee teased the package piledriver twice but didn’t hit it.

Strong challenges Zack Sabre Jr for the next show on April 3rd.
abouttreefitty350

Postby toby80 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:26 am

Holy shit... Roddy vs. Zack!
toby80

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum