Mystery Vortex II takes place March 28, 2014!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Mystery Vortex II takes place March 28, 2014!

Postby toby80 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:07 am

So, for those that were there, what match/matches stole the show? :P
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:45 am

toby80 wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:Cedric Alexander vs Andrew Everett vs Trevor Lee opened the show... I've seen a lot of shows live, that was probably the loudest I've ever heard the crowd. Holy fucking shit, they absolutly tore the house down.

Awesome to see these guys get a shot... and rock the joint :mrgreen:

I've been going to shows for quite a while now, every time I've seen a debut that person has a ton of buzz. Everett and Cedric definatly have that, trevor is virtually an unknown, so it was really random to see the guy debuting. Me and one other guy tried to chant his name at the begining, but everyone else chanted "who are you?"... by the end all three guys had their names chanted. Unbelievable crowd reaction.

Unfortunatly the crowd was spent after the opener, and they never really got as loud the rest of the night (they were close for the title matches).

PPA/RockNESS vs b boy/Mack/Joey was exactly what you expect, nothing to say really.

Roderick vs Nese was okay, I am not sold on Nese at all. He is a good worker, but I just can't get very invested into his matches, decient match.

The three team match was really fun, a ton of crazy stuff as you expect. Its amazing to see the flyers fly, but when Cage and Elgin do it its nuts. Again, really good, but probally won't blow your mind or anything.

Ciampa vs Hero was a really good match. Possibly Ciampa's best PWG outing. Good story about Hero hitting everything and Ciampa just being a bad mother fucker and dishing it right back.

O'reilly vs Gargano is where the show starts picking up. This is a dream match for me personally. Really slow to start (in a good way), and slow build through the match. Intresting to note that Kyle was the clear fan favorite in this match. When they extanged strikes Kyle got cheered and Gargano got booed. Kyle got "Next world champ " chants after.

Young Bucks vs Best Friends was awesome, tons of drama. What you would expect but in a good way. Cole's interferance pissed off the fans.

Cole vs Candice had even more drama. As the match was going on I thought she was gonna walk out as champ. There was that kind of atmosphere in the building.

Overall really good show some random thoughts:

The three North Carolina guys need to all be brought back, they had match of the night by far.

The two title matches were the second and third best matches, in no particular order.

It was great to see Candice get a main event, she has been working so fucking hard, expecially in the last year.

JT Dunn was with Shelly Martinez, but as a fan... I really hope he makes his in ring debut next time.
eastbay510

Postby ShadowMaster » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:15 am

Man i'm still burnt out from last night but what a night of PWG Wrestling . Not gonna go into full detail about last night just my thoughts . Was pretty pumped when Andrew Everett made his debut I knew he would make it to pwg but I didn't know when . I was one of many fans who had No Clue who Trever Lee was but all it took was 5 mins and he was sold by the Reseda faithful as he along with Cedric Alexander and Andrew Everett put on in my opinion the match of the night and all 3 have to be brought back for the next PWG show . It was very hot inside the legion hall which I think it took some of the energy out of the crowd . Not to sound like a jerk but I wouldn't mind not seeing B Boy and RockNES Monsters for a few shows , it's crazy to think that a few years ago RockNES Monsters seemed like a legit threat to become PWG Tag Champs I could not see that happing anytime soon . Gargano v.s O"Reilly was a great great match and really got the crowd back into things . Also enjoyed the Hero v.s Ciampa match a lot and I think really cemented a spot for Ciampa in pwg . All in all a great night of pro wrestling only bummer was the guy sitting in front of me who stunk like shit but I guess that's gonna happen inside a small room with no AC . Can't wait for the next show as nothing was announced after the show .
ShadowMaster

Postby CreedP » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:17 pm

Gotta say, complete disagreement on Hero/Ciampa. On the ride home, all 3 of us felt that was the weakest match on the show, just two guys kicking and punching each other for 10 minutes. No psychology, wasn't even 'brutal', just kick kick punch punch, pinfall attempt, kick out, rinse lather repeat. Especially when Gargano/O'Reilly went out next and completely outshined them.

I'm just not sold on Hero. I wasn't around when he was in PWG before, I first saw him on ROH during the PPV era when Larry Sweeney hyped him well, but honestly he seems to get by on nostalgia and Wu-Tang Clan references, heh. Some of his moves just make no sense.. put a guy on his shoulders, push them off, let them gain their footing, then elbow to the back of the head. The elbow shot is a finisher, but now it's like a transition move he does all the time (like the KO punch), but the electric chair part doesn't give any benefit - it's like the handspring back rake without the fun factor, lol.</rant>

Anyway, I'm exhausted, please please please PWG go back to Saturday nights, working Friday and driving 5 hours round trip to the show is murderous, and really seems to affect the crowd's energy by comparison.

Good show, not better than DDT4 IMO, but a solid show. :)

CREED
CreedP

Postby toby80 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:32 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like another fun show. PWG never fails to deliver :mrgreen:
toby80

Postby martyjannettyfan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:12 pm

Anybody have an info on when the April show will be? I haven't been to a PWG show since 2005, but I'm going to be in SoCal the weekend after April and I'm hoping they run that weekend so I can go. Got back into the product after seeing Drake at a PWB show up here in Modesto.
martyjannettyfan

Postby martyjannettyfan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:14 pm

I meant to type the weekend after Easter.
martyjannettyfan

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:57 pm

Preview is up:

abouttreefitty350

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:50 pm

The Mystery Vortex II results say the Machines won the three-way tag when Brian Cage hit a 450 Splash. Is that right? It...doesn't seem likely.
pwggrodd

Postby loserkings007 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:08 am

First PWG show I had to miss since I started Attending. Got the DVD ordered though, can't wait for viewing! Might have to miss the next one as I have a flight that day (May 23rd...) but after that, I should be able to attend all going forward! Hope you all enjoyed the show!
loserkings007

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum