Is Your Body Ready? Takes Place June 15! Tickets on Sale!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Is Your Body Ready? Takes Place June 15! Tickets on Sale!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Mon May 06, 2013 9:48 pm

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla returns to American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA, on Saturday, June 15, 2013! This event is scheduled to feature:

60-Minute Iron Man Match
Adam Cole vs. Sami Callihan

Non-Title Tag Team Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. AR Fox & Samuray Del Sol

First Time Ever Singles Match
"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen vs. "Ultraviolent Golden Boy" Drake Younger

Tag Team Match
DojoBros (Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong) vs. Johnny Gargano & "The Kentucky Gentleman" Chuck Taylor

Singles Match
Kyle O'Reilly vs. Davey Richards

Tag Team Match
RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma) vs. Unbreakable F'N Machines (Brian Cage & Michael Elgin)

Tickets for this event are now on sale over at the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Tickets Page!
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: PWG Returns on JUNE 15! Tickets on sale MAY 14!

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Tue May 07, 2013 6:55 am

I think I just had a nosebleed and a seizure.

Thank you so much, PWG; I love you.

(◕‿◕✿)
Super Dragon Mark

Postby bennym6 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:58 am

Yes! Chuckie T is going to be on three PWG shows in a row.
bennym6

Postby The Franchise13 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:37 am

I'm psyched about all the matches. However.... an Iron Man Match??? Very questionable...
The Franchise13

Postby bennym6 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:26 am

The Franchise13 wrote:I'm psyched about all the matches. However.... an Iron Man Match??? Very questionable...

Adam Cole and Sami have Generico/Steen-esque chemistry. I'd watch them go 90.
bennym6

Postby JAG » Tue May 07, 2013 12:06 pm

The Franchise13 wrote:I'm psyched about all the matches. However.... an Iron Man Match??? Very questionable...

That was my initial impression as well. Just about every time I've had reservations about something PWG has done, I've been proven wrong. When the Young Bucks were making their debuts, I didn't think they were PWG ready from what I had seen from them. As long as Adam and Sami don't have a PPV in Orlando the next day, this should be an awesome match.
JAG

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue May 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Fuck Orlando. I'm a big fan of iron man matches and I know Sami and Cole can go 60 minutes. Some of the early PWG matches were hour long and those were classics. Don't doubt this one.
krayzie Bone

Postby The Franchise13 » Tue May 07, 2013 5:32 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Fuck Orlando. I'm a big fan of iron man matches and I know Sami and Cole can go 60 minutes. Some of the early PWG matches were hour long and those were classics. Don't doubt this one.

Who's Orlando?

Don't get me wrong guys, I enjoy Iron Man matches too. I also enjoy it when PWG proves me wrong every time I question them (I rarely question them). But no matter what, I still fully support PWG on any matches they decide to make. If on the next show, they decide to make Generico/London vs Steen/Kendrick Part 2... I'll be there front row.

I know Cole and Callihan can pull this match out. They are extremely talented and I have no doubt they will give us a Match of the Year candidate. That's me. That's my opinion. But theres also been times in PWG that you have a high quality match, however the match gets stretched out a few minutes longer than what it should of been. Great match, but I can't deny that I look around the front row & some would agree with my opinion. "It went a few minutes too long". They don't have to have a 60 minute match to have a great match.

Another thing, I myself like a lot of you guys on this board are Hardcore PWG Fans. Hell, I give credit to some of you guys. Some of you would drive hours and wait it line for 6 hours before the show start. We would appreciate an hour Classic between Adam Cole and Sami Callihan. Not all of the Reseda fans will feel the same way...

And if the news are true of Cole and Callihan leaving to the 'E, what perfect way for them leave than to give us an Amazing Iron Man Match.
The Franchise13

Postby AlexK » Tue May 07, 2013 7:32 pm

My body is ready, but I'm not sure if my wallet is.
AlexK

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed May 08, 2013 1:29 pm

The Franchise13 wrote:
krayzie Bone wrote:Fuck Orlando. I'm a big fan of iron man matches and I know Sami and Cole can go 60 minutes. Some of the early PWG matches were hour long and those were classics. Don't doubt this one.

Who's Orlando?

Don't get me wrong guys, I enjoy Iron Man matches too. I also enjoy it when PWG proves me wrong every time I question them (I rarely question them). But no matter what, I still fully support PWG on any matches they decide to make. If on the next show, they decide to make Generico/London vs Steen/Kendrick Part 2... I'll be there front row.

I know Cole and Callihan can pull this match out. They are extremely talented and I have no doubt they will give us a Match of the Year candidate. That's me. That's my opinion. But theres also been times in PWG that you have a high quality match, however the match gets stretched out a few minutes longer than what it should of been. Great match, but I can't deny that I look around the front row & some would agree with my opinion. "It went a few minutes too long". They don't have to have a 60 minute match to have a great match.

Another thing, I myself like a lot of you guys on this board are Hardcore PWG Fans. Hell, I give credit to some of you guys. Some of you would drive hours and wait it line for 6 hours before the show start. We would appreciate an hour Classic between Adam Cole and Sami Callihan. Not all of the Reseda fans will feel the same way...

And if the news are true of Cole and Callihan leaving to the 'E, what perfect way for them leave than to give us an Amazing Iron Man Match.

I don't understand how any wrestling fan may get bored or not want to see a 60 minute iron man match. Seriously dude today's world and these youngsters are like a different species and shit. LOL Is their attention span that bad? I mean guys this is wrestling, if you get bored by it may be you are not a fan. Imagine boxing fans saying, we don't want to see a 12 round fight, we want a quick knock out.
krayzie Bone

Postby ShadowMaster » Wed May 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Kinda Bummed not seeing SSB on the card , kinda seems like there lost in the shuffle on the PWG roster . Hopefully we see them soon .
ShadowMaster

Postby El Asian » Wed May 08, 2013 8:51 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Kinda Bummed not seeing SSB on the card , kinda seems like there lost in the shuffle on the PWG roster . Hopefully we see them soon .

Agreed, them and Willie Mack as well, who has lost his last few matches and isn't booked here

I do wonder if this show will have a title though
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu May 09, 2013 1:52 am

I don't mind if SSB and Willie Mack are not booked. We've seen them many times already. Now its time for new talent to shine. Samurai Del Sol, Air Fox and Gorgano is today's top talent.
krayzie Bone

Postby camstun187 » Thu May 09, 2013 2:05 pm

Like I said in an earlier topic - This show will be called June 15. Bank on it.

Also, I think they should run the card in that EXACT order that they have laid out above. Start intermission after Steen/Younger, and go on the last two matches with the tag and the Iron Man.

Boom, PWG. Gimme 3 dollars.
camstun187

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri May 10, 2013 3:40 am

i like most of the fly ins especially considering many of them might not be around for much longer, but i would like to see more local talent on the card. imo local talent has always helped to separate it from the other big indy promotions and give PWG it's own unique feel. i remember for a little while, some time back it was starting to get a bit of an ROH-lite feel and i wouldn't want that to happen again. i'd rather see willie mack than roderick strong at this point, nothing against roderick just saying.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby eastbay510 » Fri May 10, 2013 11:22 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:i like most of the fly ins especially considering many of them might not be around for much longer, but i would like to see more local talent on the card. imo local talent has always helped to separate it from the other big indy promotions and give PWG it's own unique feel. i remember for a little while, some time back it was starting to get a bit of an ROH-lite feel and i wouldn't want that to happen again. i'd rather see willie mack than roderick strong at this point, nothing against roderick just saying.

I have to respectfully disagree, PWG has a huge asset that neither ROH or DGUSA has; the ability to book guys from both companies and have them wrestle each other. There are a ton of dream matches and with WWE picking up guys like crazy there is only so long they can be booked before becoming "sports entertainers". PWG has Willie Mack and Brian Cage, thats enough for me, not to sound like a dick but I really am not dying to see Malaci Jackson, Famous B, Ryan Taylor, or the 1 billionth Candace rape fest. To me the best moments in PWG history have very seldom involved local talent.
eastbay510

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri May 10, 2013 11:25 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:i like most of the fly ins especially considering many of them might not be around for much longer, but i would like to see more local talent on the card. imo local talent has always helped to separate it from the other big indy promotions and give PWG it's own unique feel. i remember for a little while, some time back it was starting to get a bit of an ROH-lite feel and i wouldn't want that to happen again. i'd rather see willie mack than roderick strong at this point, nothing against roderick just saying.

I have to respectfully disagree, PWG has a huge asset that neither ROH or DGUSA has; the ability to book guys from both companies and have them wrestle each other. There are a ton of dream matches and with WWE picking up guys like crazy there is only so long they can be booked before becoming "sports entertainers". PWG has Willie Mack and Brian Cage, thats enough for me, not to sound like a dick but I really am not dying to see Malaci Jackson, Famous B, Ryan Taylor, or the 1 billionth Candace rape fest. To me the best moments in PWG history have very seldom involved local talent.

isn't there a bunch of east coast promotions with that same asset?? anyways i agree on the part about booking certain match up while you can, and have no problem with this particular card.

not to be a dick but i'm not dying to see oriely, or strong either. i think many of the best moments in PWG history involved local talents, or are we forgetting guys like super dragon, joey ryan, scott lost, chris bosh, excalibur, quicksilver & scorpio sky were locals?? anyways the best moments in the history of the company is not even what xpect from the locals these days, but i do enjoy watching them develop and sometimes that's what i like to see on the undercard.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby krayzie Bone » Sat May 11, 2013 1:39 am

I agree about local talent. PWG is the most popular wrestling company on the west coast. Every SoCal wrestler wants to wrestle for PWG because it is your ticket to international exposure. So PWG can pick best guys in SoCal and further develop them to be even better. Also with local talent PWG can run more shows and cheaper. On the other hand I really dig the new talent PWG acquired, the CZW/Dragon Gate guys. The mixture of them and ROH guys like Roderick and Eddie is a recipe for dream matches and some awesome wrestling.
krayzie Bone

Postby eastbay510 » Sat May 11, 2013 4:42 am

I'm not comletly against local talent. When I say local talent I mean guys like Gatson, Cutlers, Ryan Taylor. Honestly I never thought of Super Dragon, Bosh, Lost or any of the older local talent as local talent. I just think the talent pool in California was so much deeper back in the day. If a guy is really good like Cage or Mack then I say bring them in, I am just not that intrested in seeing guys brought in just because they are cheap.
eastbay510

Postby bennym6 » Sat May 11, 2013 6:25 am

This card has six local guys. Stop acting like PWG only book guys from the east coast. PWG use the best guys out there, regardless of where they're from.
bennym6

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum