DVD Review: "European Vacation," Night 2 (England)

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

DVD Review: "European Vacation," Night 2 (England)

Postby ChrisV » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:21 am

DVD Review: PWG 021906 results & thoughts

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla headed overseas for a pair of shows this year. This is a review of the DVD for
You can read all my reviews at http://www.pwtorch.com
ChrisV
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:38 pm

Postby Aaron » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:17 pm

When the crod stood up during the Simmonz match the song was "Stand up if you hate Simmonz", hence the standing. It's a football thing. Simmonz shot on the IPW:UK crowd the night before, starting with me, and slapped a fan in the face. He offers to slap him again the following night at PWG.

The MOTN was almost certainly Steen vs Generico. I'd give that one ****1/4 as have a number of people in attendance, and Steen stole the show for the fans that night leading him to become the first PWG wrestler to return to Orpington for IPW:UK due to fan sponsorship. (Talwar and Sky return this month)

Jody hasn't been on his A game since his return to the ring, although he can still hang with someone like AJ Styles. I wasn't into this match at all as I felt it was all really predictable. I'd be the guy in the front row sitting down whilst everyone around me is on their feet, lol.

Nice review in all.

It was a very strong showing for Spud who had a legit MOTYC the month before with Jack Storm in Oprington. He's struggled to win the Orpington fans over in the past but many had travelled across the country for PWG and Spud is well over here in general.

The crowd was a bit quiet for Stone because usually he is a heel. The IPW:UK fans made the most noise on the night and the very vocal fans are fans for a heel Martin. It was odd to see him wrestle as a face and outside of the South East he's not overly exposed. Still, "he's our champ" and he'd legit fuck anyone up, haha.
Image
Aaron
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:56 am
Location: England, UK

Postby Slappy » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:36 pm

I wished he'd fuck up that fan that keep on screeching "Maaaartin" like the old lady from Fireman Sam.
User avatar
Slappy
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:31 pm

Postby Rish To The Rosh » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:28 pm

Aaron wrote: I wasn't into this match at all as I felt it was all really predictable. I'd be the guy in the front row sitting down whilst everyone around me is on their feet, lol.

Stop trying to confuse him with me, I was doing the axact same thing! lol I also thought it was really predictable, pretty much all on AJ's part. Plus, he told me to take off my Genercio shirt so it showed his or else he'd not wrestle. Did I do the right thing? :P

I'm like one of only 4 guys standing up during Arrogance's entrance, and the guy who offers Steen some 'powder' for his hand left behind by Joey. Y'know, just incase anyone cared or anything.

Nice review anyhoo. Dino said we were the best fans they've ever had, and he wouldn't lie ;)
Puma > TJ Perkins!
Rish To The Rosh
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:14 pm
Location: Scotland, UK

Postby ChrisV » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:47 am

Aaron wrote:
The MOTN was almost certainly Steen vs Generico. I'd give that one ****1/4 as have a number of people in attendance, and Steen stole the show for the fans that night leading him to become the first PWG wrestler to return to Orpington for IPW:UK due to fan sponsorship. (Talwar and Sky return this month)

Jody hasn't been on his A game since his return to the ring, although he can still hang with someone like AJ Styles. I wasn't into this match at all as I felt it was all really predictable. I'd be the guy in the front row sitting down whilst everyone around me is on their feet, lol.

Nice review in all.




As you can see, I had Steen-Generico JUST behind the other two matches, so I definitely agree it was a good match!

As for Jody... yes, I'll quickly agree that he isn't as sharp now as he was in 2002 & 2003, but he's still incredible, and I think that once he shakes off some ring rust, he'll be even better! As I said, that match lived up to my expectations, so I was happy.


Chris
You can read all my reviews at http://www.pwtorch.com
ChrisV
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:38 pm

Postby Sebastian Eckinger » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:03 am

Who is this guy, who is doing commentary with Disco Machine & Dino Winwood?
Sebastian Eckinger
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:40 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Postby chunk3rvd » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:51 am

Slappy wrote:I wished he'd fuck up that fan that keep on screeching "Maaaartin" like the old lady from Fireman Sam.


Sounder more like Pauline Fowler to me?!?!?
chunk3rvd
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:09 am


Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests