All Star Weekend 9 Takes Place March 22 & 23!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: All Star Weekend 9 Takes Place March 22 & 23!

Postby PWGnorthern » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:36 pm

CreedP wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:So for those there, which night did you enjoy more?

Night Two...

...but Night One was still amazing! Check out the Preview they just posted! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhiiBN3k ... e=youtu.be

CREED

Yeah that is one of the best previews I've seen yet, major kudos to Super Dragon and the rest of the people that put PWG together, Excalibur, everyone I mean everyone who puts the shows together, that seems like the greatest thing to experience live...
PWGnorthern

Postby loserkings007 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:31 am

Garden State Saint wrote:So for those there, which night did you enjoy more?

Based on the card, I was excepting Night 1 to be the superior, Night One was incredible, but Night 2 was surprisingly better!

Here are my photos for anyone interested.

Night 1 Photos: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 3ec36fb7c6

Night 2 Photos: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 361b82776b
loserkings007

Postby bennym6 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:12 pm

Who's that dude in the PWG shirt who looked straight up depressed after the Younger/Callihan match? He was so bumbed that somebody patted him on the back to cheer him up. From what I hear the match was cringe inducing but I mean what did you expect? Have you seen their matches together before? He should have been happy that both of them still had a pulse by the end of the match.
bennym6

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:06 pm

bennym6 wrote:Who's that dude in the PWG shirt who looked straight up depressed after the Younger/Callihan match? He was so bumbed that somebody patted him on the back to cheer him up. From what I hear the match was cringe inducing but I mean what did you expect? Have you seen their matches together before? He should have been happy that both of them still had a pulse by the end of the match.

I think it was because people were worried about Drake's health, he kills himself every time he wrestles. Im sure everyone expected something brutal, but PWG isnt a deathmatch promotion, and most Im assuming most PWG fans have never seen a death match in person... I wasn't there, but thats my theory.
eastbay510

Postby do0shebag55 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:55 pm

bennym6 wrote:Who's that dude in the PWG shirt who looked straight up depressed after the Younger/Callihan match? He was so bumbed that somebody patted him on the back to cheer him up. From what I hear the match was cringe inducing but I mean what did you expect? Have you seen their matches together before? He should have been happy that both of them still had a pulse by the end of the match.

You must mean my fatass right beside SlayJ and Creedp. And you couldn't have misread me anymore. I was so exhausted after a long night entertaining night of wrestling. And I'm very aware of their history in other companies and this is nothing in comparison to some of their other battles... The camera simply caught me in a moment of exhaustion after a long, entertaining night.
do0shebag55

Postby CreedP » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:06 pm

^This. So much this.

loserkings007 wrote:Based on the card, I was excepting Night 1 to be the superior, Night One was incredible, but Night 2 was surprisingly better!

That's 'cuz you switched sides, like I said at the show. ;)

Nice photos, by the way! This one amuses me because I had my back to the ringpost when I feel someone push into me from behind. I was about to snap at a fan for being too pushy, til I saw Kevin Steen rush past, scoop AR Fox, and power bomb him on the apron. (I think it was right after this when he sat down in dooshebag's seat next to me, I offered him a water, and he took a big swig before heading back into the ring, hehehe)

Such an awesome pair of shows, can't wait to buy these DVDs...

CREED
CreedP

Postby bennym6 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:53 am

do0shebag55 wrote:

You must mean my fatass right beside SlayJ and Creedp. And you couldn't have misread me anymore. I was so exhausted after a long night entertaining night of wrestling. And I'm very aware of their history in other companies and this is nothing in comparison to some of their other battles... The camera simply caught me in a moment of exhaustion after a long, entertaining night.

Totally understandable dude. From the stuff I hear and have seen on the preview it sounded pretty brutal. It just looked like you were really bummed that's all.
bennym6

Postby toby80 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:17 am

Has there been any word on when the next show will be?
toby80

Postby bennym6 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:35 pm

toby80 wrote:Has there been any word on when the next show will be?

All of that info will be on PWG's twitter and here. If they haven't said anything on twitter then nobody knows.
bennym6

Postby toby80 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:38 pm

bennym6 wrote:
toby80 wrote:Has there been any word on when the next show will be?

All of that info will be on PWG's twitter and here. If they haven't said anything on twitter then nobody knows.

OK cool. Thanks man.
toby80

Postby stormcradledriver » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:17 pm

stormcradledriver

Postby ShadowMaster » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:54 pm

After watching the Night 2 preview I realize that Trent did have a solid match , I really hope PWG brings him back maybe not the next show but hopefully one after alot of people forget that he has only wrestled a few other times in the indy's since he was released and none of those company's could hold PWG's jock strap . I talked to him a little bit after Night One and he had said how intense and how passionate the PWG fans were . I definitely think he had a better showing than Amazing Red did at Fear .
ShadowMaster

Postby toby80 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:24 pm

stormcradledriver wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M92O2vwe1bs

Night Two preview is up!

Holy shit Night 2 looks AWESOME! PWG you F'N RULE!
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:43 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:After watching the Night 2 preview I realize that Trent did have a solid match , I really hope PWG brings him back maybe not the next show but hopefully one after alot of people forget that he has only wrestled a few other times in the indy's since he was released and none of those company's could hold PWG's jock strap . I talked to him a little bit after Night One and he had said how intense and how passionate the PWG fans were . I definitely think he had a better showing than Amazing Red did at Fear .

From the preview Trent looked like he has some impressive offense, I would love to see him get another chance, mabey after he gets a little more acclimated to the indy style. From what people are saying he did a lot better on his second try (once again I wasnt there).
eastbay510

Postby CreedP » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:35 pm

During N2 after a 2 count, Trent whined loudly 'This is so haaarrrd!' The crowd gave him a WAAAAHHHH, and any time he'd complain or wince or moan after that, he got another WAAAHHH, heh.

I'll begrudgingly admit that his N2 match was better, but I felt like London had a lot to do with that. Still, it wouldn't break my heart if he didn't come back. Gargano, Fox, Samuray, Lethal - we got a lot of GREAT names this past weekend, and to be blunt, being 'pretty good' just doesn't cut it in PWG. There's hundreds of 'pretty good' guys out there, shoot, I'm sure we could have had guys like Ryan Taylor and Famous B and the like, but we'd rather see GREAT wrestlers that make us flip out, go nuts, and chant PLEASE COME BACK!

Just my 2¢ ;)

CREED
CreedP

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:27 pm

eastbay510 wrote:

I think it was because people were worried about Drake's health, he kills himself every time he wrestles. Im sure everyone expected something brutal, but PWG isnt a deathmatch promotion, and most Im assuming most PWG fans have never seen a death match in person... I wasn't there, but thats my theory.

I know I've never seen a death match in person. "hardcore" yeah but never that much blood. When his head opened up I don't think I stopped frowning. I never needed blood to enjoy a match but I did enjoy it.

I only went night 1 but I was impressed by Gargano, Samarui Del Sol and AR Fox. I wouldn't say Trents match was bad, its just hard to have the first match after intermission with all the people that come back elevated.

I brought my cousin who has only seen WWE and he was highly impressed. He says he wants to come back. I think we have another fan
Souf Centrol

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:05 pm

I always said that if you cannot do a full scale death match, its better not to do it at all. Drake vs Sami was a good match but it doesn't even touch the surface of what you see at death match tournaments. (Carnage Cup, TOD, King of the Death matches, exc) It was a very average 1990's ECW style match with your usual tacks and staple gun. Drake's deep cut was not a planned spot but an accident that resulted from Sami hitting him with a trash can. I hate to say it but I enjoyed their other two matches more, because the previous two matches were done in a more of PWG fashion, yet they were still brutal and very physical. Their match on Friday obviously tried to top it, but because PWG is not a death match promotion, it simply didn't work. I'd say just stick with strong style, and TLC's.
krayzie Bone

Postby El Generico Mark » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:03 pm

Hey, anyone know when the dvd will be released our how long they normally take to be released? :P
El Generico Mark

Postby Facetious » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:32 pm

El Generico Mark wrote:Hey, anyone know when the dvd will be released our how long they normally take to be released? :P

They usually take a month to a month and a half. So early to mid May would be your best bet.
Facetious

Postby El Generico Mark » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Facetious wrote:
El Generico Mark wrote:Hey, anyone know when the dvd will be released our how long they normally take to be released? :P

They usually take a month to a month and a half. So early to mid May would be your best bet.

Thanks man
El Generico Mark

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum